say it ain't so, Danny? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

say it ain't so, Danny?

It always amazes me to think about what kids like this will face in their lives as they get older. Dan Marino is one of the most famous QBs in the history of the league so imagine what this kid will go through. "Who's your dad?" "Uh, Dan Marino".

:snack:

There are a lot more children like this than there ever use to be, and their dads aren't rich, well at least like Marino. As a society there is not exactly a stigma any more when it comes to situations like this. Maybe I'm living in a different world than it seems most of you are living in.

Both of my sisters baby sit, and the far majority of the moms aren't married, and have a few kids from a few different fathers. And these are women making 6 figures for a living. Compared to my mother that use to baby sit up until the mid 90's, where the majority of the kids she baby sat had a regular nuclear family so to speak. It's just a sign of the times. The nuclear family is dieing.

Hey, if a guy wants to eff everything under the sun, more power to them. But if you are going to get married and claim to be devoted to your wife and the mother of your children, then play by the rules and resist your urges. You know, it is possible not to ACT on these urges. To pull a cliche, you can't have your cake and eat it too, unless this is a mutual understanding.

But seriously, if you want to go be a man and bang random women all over, be single. Otherwise, it's a betrayal of trust that affects the whole family, not just the spouse. I think that's what gets me most, how this kind of thing can destroy the family structure and seriously impair their children's lives.

I'm assuming you aren't married? What he and his wife decide are the rules in their marriage is their business, it's none of our business. For all we know he and his wife have an open marriage. Again, that stuff is none of our business. I'm just upset that Marino and his foundation may take a hit for this, and that truly pisses me off. The man has been a saint in that department. If I could punch these reporters in the face, I'd do it with a smile on my face. They are the scumbags.

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

he should have followed the example of pastor ray lewis. Oh wait, he's got six kids with four women and married to none of them.

amen!

---------- Post added at 03:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

What kinda Dolphin fan says something like this?

IMO, one that lives in the real world. That dude was 1000% correct. And for all we know this woman is 100% OK with the arrangement.

It's funny...when I saw this thread, my heart kinda sank. Not because I judge him, or because it makes him a bad person...but he is the only guy that I really thought of as a hero when I was a kid. I still, as a grown man, reminisce about how I felt watching him play. I guess when you're a kid, you don't care or think about this kind of thing. But as an adult, I always admired that he seemed to have a real dream life...a happy family, kids, travel, etc. I guess it should be expected that everyone has their problems.

I don't hold it against him, but I guess in some small way I am disappointed. But it isn't like he has abandoned the child...they are set for life. I'm sure the child could reach out to him one day, but who knows if she will want to. Sounds like she has a family, a father that is adopting her, etc. and I can't blame Dan for trying to handle this discreetly. His life is based on his reputation now. And I'm sure it is easier on his family for it to be settled. None of us know much about it, and I doubt we ever will. It's their personal life.

I definitely felt a little disappointed today, but the guy is still my childhood hero.

This is not directed only at you, but anyone that thought Marino was not capable of this has lived a sheltered life in IMO. We are all capable of this. I've never come close to this, but I'm not so stupid to think I'm not capable of this. I know in everyone, we are all capable of all things, good and bad.

I felt anger towards the reporters that did this story today. It's none of f'in business, shame on them.

Real interesting to see all this defending of Dan Marino. I don't like that he paid her millions to keep it quit.

With all the steroid use, Lance Armstrong doping admittance and now Marino, not to mention high school teams stacking players in private schools, I wonder if anything matters anymore.

I understand the man mantra code of conduct, but wow it leaves me with a bad feeling.

I watched and recorded his Hall of Fame speech live and felt it and felt how much he thanked Claire for putting up with him through the years.

Now I know why.

d-1

Joe Montana informed his wife he was leaving her with a Dear Jane letter. Guess SB wins matter in everything

I'm very dissapointed about this but do realize that people make mistakes and nobodys perfect. I'm also dissapointed by how many finheaveners think its OK to cheat on your wife as long as your smart enough to use protection. One poster went as far to say we're all doing it, are you kidding me?

:idk:

Danny Boy spreading the ball(s) around to as many receivers as he can.

... Always loved that about him.

xlarge_2cf160fe023a5df6fc870df3baa25a4d-1.jpg

From Deadspin Nov 27th
Victoria's Secret model Lily Aldridge was the guest prognosticator on CBS' The NFL Today this morning, earning some extra-special attention from the Tiffany Network's analysts—especially Dan Marino, who seemed to have a bit of trouble making eye contact with the brunette beauty.
Viewers who would like to see boobs on their NFL morning shows on a weekly basis can find Chris Berman and Terry Bradshaw on competing networks.

She wanted Dan to be "Baby Daddy"... How is this a bad thing for her? If Dan leaves Wife ...Babys Mama wins and could become the next Mrs Marino...If Dan stays with wife (As it looks like he intends as long as she keeps him)...Babys Mama wins and gets P-A-I-D.

It dings him in my eyes...no good

1st, not sure how this can surprise anyone, he's human. 2nd, it's none of our f***ing business. 3rd this is why the media is trusted less than lawyers.

Marino has done nothing but GREAT things since he left football. This kind of story effects not only him and his family but future children and their families from possibly getting the help they need for their autistic children, and children of need in general. I have issues with Marino the NFL player, but have had nothing but extreme and the utmost respect for him as a man and a philanthropist. He is the closest thing we have in these times to saint. For the person and ppl that sat on this story and then decided to post this story IMO have a special place in hell waiting for them. It's disgusting.

How ironic. This issue is off-limits to us (according to you), but you recite all the "good" off-field stuff he did. You don't get to be selective about it, that's hypocritical.

Did you ever see Danny deny inquiries about his parenting when it came to his autistic son claiming it was a private matter? Never. Of course now that it's a story that tarnishes his image, he won't talk.

A saint he is most definitely not. This situation clearly explains that.

Dan Marino is a MAN! If a fine woman would spread eagle in front of you and told you to pump her what wold do AS A MAN? Thought so. This story is a dead one. Besides his wife forgave him.

News flash....Dan Marino, superstar, millionaire, athlete, likes *****!!!

Yeah, that's a breaking news story.

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 AM ----------

A real man doesn't fall for a whore.

Qustioning Dan Marino's manhood? that's a bit extreme.

Back
Top Bottom