Sb? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sb?

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
Do we really think that Miami is super bowl bound? I know for a fact I did right after the RW trade. I mean this is an 11-5 team that added a superstar a very important postion, replacing a guy that was quite bad last year. My problem is all the time I have had to dwell on the fact that our o-line was real bad last season, and our d-line and the word healthy don't match. On a positive note our running game will surely be better, and our passing game i would have to think will get better with Norv comming here and Jay having another off season with CC, Ward, and Mcknight. I just can't wait to see who it all works out. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! The off season sucks!

I think playoffs SHOULD be a lock.

After that its all wide open.

I can't think of a team with a better chance.

I want to see some teams stop the Rams on Offense. They have been rock solid for 3 straight years now, some of these teams should have figured that offense out by now. Most teams figure an oppossing team out by the end of the regular season. It's been 3 years for the RAMS and ZILCH. Unless you count the most recent Super Bowl.

Actually, New England had them figured out in the regular season too. In fact going into the playoffs Martz said New England was the team he would want to face the least, because they were one of the few teams all season long to give them fits with their defense. Kind of ironic thats who they lost to in the "big game." I think Belichick siked Martz out more than anything going into the playoffs though.

Tha Rams are not unbeatable... you just have to be creative. (like Belichick... unlike Wanny/Bates' gameplan last year.)

Norv comming here and Jay having another off season with CC, Ward,

Chambers has been injured for 6 months now with an ankle sprain and I read now a hammy. Yatil, I mean Mayes sprained his ankle jogging in his neighborhood yesterday. If these guys havent gotten healthy yet Wanny needs to be saying Hmmmmm. Maybe I need a WR and TE just in case.

Phins match up well

In my off-season boredom, I compared the Dolphins starting 26 (including K, P, KR,PR) to those of every other team in the league. Even giving the benefit of the doubt to the other team, we're way ahead of most. A couple (San Fran, Oakland, Philly, Pittsburgh) are neck and neck, but only one clearly has more talent - St. Louis.

Barring significant injuries, I'm very confident this team can reach the SB. Winning it may be a tall task though if the Rams are there waiting on the other side of the field.

I am positive we will make the playoffs...(barring major injuries of course)...Pretty sure we can get home field and a bye week.

the AFC contenders
Oakland (for at least 1 more year)
Miami (back to back 11-5 seasons need to produce play off results)
New England (They are the SB champs)
Indy (Weak division)
Denver (up and coming)
Pitt (Still solid at all spots except kicker)

AFC pretenders
KC (If their D improves A LOT...look out)
Buffalo (They will be better than 3-13...but how much?!?)
Tennesse (Will greatly benefit from Baltimores misfortunes. If their key players can stay healthy and win key divisional games...who knows)

Originally posted by chambers84
I want to see some teams stop the Rams on Offense. They have been rock solid for 3 straight years now, some of these teams should have figured that offense out by now. Most teams figure an oppossing team out by the end of the regular season. It's been 3 years for the RAMS and ZILCH. Unless you count the most recent Super Bowl.

The Giants, Eagles, and Patriots(twice) had close games w/ St. Louis.

Unless RW is hurt :( for most of the year, Yes :D we are the top contender in the AFC along with Oakland, NE and Pitt

On paper, it looks very very promising... reality has a way of bursting your bubble though... we certainly SHOULD be contenders for the SB... but how do we know there's not another 2001 New England, or 1999 Rams lurking out there?

Originally posted by booyeah_
The Giants, Eagles, and Patriots(twice) had close games w/ St. Louis.

"Close" is nice, but still doesn't put a big 1 in the W column.

Personally I'm tempering my enthusiasm. It's difficult when reading all of the input from each post I read here as I'm excited by seeing all of our talent starting to come out to practice.

But what really scares me is the knowledge and fact that each and almost every year we do great out of the starting gate, but then injuries kill us towards the end of the year. Then of course the early goodbye in the playoffs.

With people asking about a SB, I have to shake my head. We haven't even went into camp yet.

If all things stay the way they are in the beginning, then yes. I would agree. But they never do, ever. We always have someone dropped for the year with an injury. What if RW gets hurt again and is out for a few games? Does that mean we're back to the nasty place that we were in last year? It just might.

So I have to hold myself in check until we get there. Until then anything could happen and talking about how well we're going to do can jinx it.

Also the fact that every other fan site is talking about their respective teams with the same enthusiasm as we are.

Lets hope for the best, and not count those chickens until their hatched.

Would the REAL Tom Brady stand up??

I think it is gonna be a long year for TOM BRADY!! I am not sold on him yet as the starter up there! He played tough last year but I think his fairy tale is about to end! Although he did get some help at the TIGHT END spot in the off season with the acquisitions they got! I don't think he is gonna sneak up on teams like last year! Both games last year the PHINS kept him check except for that trick play, the throwback pass to him! The PHINS match up well against the PATS and even dominated them in the first game last year!!So I feel a sweep by the PHINS against the PATS !!

:monkey: PATS
BILLS
JETS

Back
Top Bottom