Schad: Josh Rosen – This Is Your Miami Dolphins Moment, Seize The Job | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schad: Josh Rosen – This Is Your Miami Dolphins Moment, Seize The Job

Arizona dropped him a year later after spending a top ten pick on him. We wont be afraid to either.
Arizona hired a coach who couldnt even win with Mahomes in college and no NFL coaching experience. I kinda think the onus is on AZ's decision making.

Not much difference between Rosen, Donald and Allen last year. The other two franchises feel they have their QB of the future. All three teams were picking in the top 10 with Jets picking third. You can plug in Donald or Allen on the shitty Cardinals and you would get the same results. Kingsbury had a hard on for Murray, so whomever was the QB would have been traded.

I'm not saying Rosen is the one but we are not worse off than the Jets or Bills when it comes to the QB position. At least it only costs us a 2nd and a 5th round pick and we get the 2nd back in 2020. We get to evaluate Rosen this year to see if he is our QB of the future.

Josh Allen put the offense on his back a few times last year and singlehandedly won his team football games.

When the light when on for darnold, he ended up playing very well down the stretch. He was the #1 rated qb in the nfl over the last 4 weeks of the season.

Josh rosen sucked from his very 1st snap to his very last snap. So yes, there is a huge difference btwn darnold/allen and josh rosen. And thats why the talking heads are high on darnold/allen and not rosen.

Now does this predict with certainty their futures? Not really. But dont say stupid things like, “its because he plays for the dolphins no one likes him”. No one likes him cause he stunk last year.

hope i'm wrong but i see him as a complete bust. think its the fitzpatrick show this year and next year we get our quarterback in the draft. if he was any good the Cards wouldve kept him
Klingsbury has been enamored with Kyler Murray ever since he was in high school. I think he convinced the owner that Kyler is the perfect QB for his system and that Rosen's skill set did not fit with what he is planning to do. I don't think it's as much a reflection on what the coaches thought about Rosen as it was the opportunity to get the QB you've been personally pursuing for years. I wouldn't put much stock into what the Cardinals coaches thought of Rosen anyway. I would trust what Larry Fitzgerald had to say about him before any of those guys.

Last edited:
I'm still predicting he comes in during the bye week and makes his first start for game 5. This lets the offense learn the new system and gives Rosen something he didn't see in Arizona, an offense that gives him a chance. If we start him before that, it will be no different than his time in Arizona, and I don't expect much better results. That could crush the kid's confidence.

If Flores does what he says he does and plays the best man, Fitzpatrick will start at QB. But, four games of mediocre play, and he would have fair game to switch to Rosen. Just seems like the logical plan to me.

Kingsbury has been enamored with Kyler Murray ever since he was in high school. I think he convinced the owner that Kyler is the perfect QB for his system and that Rosen's skill set did not fit with what he is planning to do. I don't think it's as much a reflection on what the coaches thought about Rosen as it was the opportunity to get the QB you've been personally pursuing for years. I wouldn't put much stock into what the Cardinals coaches thought of Rosen anyway. I would trust what Larry Fitzgerald had to say about him before any of those guys.
Klingsbury has taken a beaten this offseason, but I think the guy did the right thing, told the franchise this is the qb I want, the franchise made it happen..

He’s got to show he can coach a whole team of grown men, but targeting and getting that guy to lead your offense no matter what was the right move imo.

Josh Allen put the offense on his back a few times last year and singlehandedly won his team football games.

When the light when on for darnold, he ended up playing very well down the stretch. He was the #1 rated qb in the nfl over the last 4 weeks of the season.

Josh rosen sucked from his very 1st snap to his very last snap. So yes, there is a huge difference btwn darnold/allen and josh rosen. And thats why the talking heads are high on darnold/allen and not rosen.

Now does this predict with certainty their futures? Not really. But dont say stupid things like, “its because he plays for the dolphins no one likes him”. No one likes him cause he stunk last year.

You clearly didn’t watch any film... when Rosen has his healthiest line in his first game... he played extremely well, nearly beat Seattle and would have if not for 4 or 5 clear drops from his receiver Corp....shortly thereafter all 5 starters were on IR.

Arizona was a train wreck last year and Rosen should not be judged by that.

training camp is bigger and more important than you are making out to be in my opinion. If Rosen is who he should be camp is where he’ll prove it and that starts Thursday

We pretty much said the same thing. If Rosen is the guy, he needs to start showing it at Training Camp. Obvious reality. My down playing of training camp is that it can also be misleading (aka DeVante Parker). Parker kills everyone at Training Camp every year. But then the season happens.

So there always has to be that "hold your horses" mindset when we hype someone up too much at TC. However, in the case of Rosen, he needs to show he can rip it AT LEAST in TC.

hope i'm wrong but i see him as a complete bust. think its the fitzpatrick show this year and next year we get our quarterback in the draft. if he was any good the Cards wouldve kept him
This is the easy opinion. I mean he is a rehash from another team that decided to go in another direction so he must be a bust right? Add in the fact that he landed in Miami of a places...a proverbial graveyard of potential franchise QBs who never take root.

Way too much pressure on this kid to produce what will amount to a hall of fame level of results or else he is a bust.

The fact that he’s getting smoked by a journeyman is troubling.

He had an historically bad O-line last year....his pass attempts with less than 2.5 seconds to get rid of the ball were top ten worst in NFL history... no position to put a rookie QB in.

The question is... how good will Miami’s O-line be in 2019?

Namath... you wouldn’t be a Jet fan would you? Lol

Watch this.....

Here is an in season article about the Cardinals with 4 games left in the season. For those with doubt about Rosen read the whole article and see what conditions Rosen was playing under. It is pretty pathetic. Remember a lot had to happen in the weeks leading up to this dismal point. Not a lot for him to work with but still went out there and was somewhat effective under the circumstances.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.azcentral.com/amp/2271732002

Back
Top Bottom