Schefter: Dolphins Will Rebuild Lines In 2019; Are Eyeing A Top Ten Pick And New Qb In 2020 Draft | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schefter: Dolphins Will Rebuild Lines In 2019; Are Eyeing A Top Ten Pick And New Qb In 2020 Draft

Sister, you missed the point.

I stated we are NOT a 1, 2 or 3 team win even with our current roster. And my point about Fales and Falk is we have enough supporting talent on this roster to keep us competitive. COMPETITIVE is NOT TANKING.

The only way this current collection of talent tanks is IF we purge. And we won't.

Any average QB can get us to .500 with this roster.

We are talking about "tanking". To tank, it would have to willful. It would have to be the coaches TRYING to lose. And, honestly, if that happens then no player on this current team will want to play here anymore. So, you're effectively gutting.

It won't happen because Grier picked a lot of these younger players. He will continue to pick people who fit the same mold as he has picked in his players.

I'm not in a QB conversation. I'm not even in a conversation about being elite. My point is, unless we give up, this team is a .500 team with any new competent coach. Even with average QB play.

I stopped at sister. Either your annoyed or you were trying to be funny. In either case- didn't appreciate it.

Brother is a term of endearment btw.

Good luck in life.

At this point in time, I dont expect anything relating to team building strategy to be true... They're not going to tell everyone what their true plan really is...
Maybe. But think about it, if they really are going to tank, they probably want to soft-sell it so fans don't go ballistic on them. So when we draft trench warfare types the fans don't get too angry. So when we lose a lot the fans know and are embracing it because they know there really is an end game. I think if the owner is OK with tanking, and all the problems that entails, that he probably wants to get in front of it so the fans don't completely write us off.

Of course, I'm also hoping it is true.

As I’ve said before, the schedule is tough enough that an intentional tank might not be necessary. In the division I can only see us beating Buffalo at home so I’m thinking 1-5 is best case scenario in the division. I still think the message was misinterpreted by the media. Sure we won’t be signing the Sittons and Hayes type guys in free agency but how does that make us worse ? It all comes down to what the quarterback room looks like I suppose.

To me the best strategy would be to trade up and draft Murray. This is the best way to unintentionally tank because you’ve used all of your draft capital on the QB. The key here is not trading any 2020 picks. This way going in to 2020 you’ve got your QB AND you’ve got the #1 pick in 2020 which should command a historic trade compensation.

As I’ve said before, the schedule is tough enough that an intentional tank might not be necessary. In the division I can only see us beating Buffalo at home so I’m thinking 1-5 is best case scenario in the division. I still think the message was misinterpreted by the media. Sure we won’t be signing the Sittons and Hayes type guys in free agency but how does that make us worse ? It all comes down to what the quarterback room looks like I suppose.

To me the best strategy would be to trade up and draft Murray. This is the best way to unintentionally tank because you’ve used all of your draft capital on the QB. The key here is not trading any 2020 picks. This way going in to 2020 you’ve got your QB AND you’ve got the #1 pick in 2020 which should command a historic trade compensation.
No to Murray. No to Murray. No to Murray.

Stay the course. Retool the lines.

Did I mention, no to Murray?

No to Murray. No to Murray. No to Murray.

Stay the course. Retool the lines.

Did I mention, no to Murray?

Why?

Do you like Tua better? Why? What can Tua do better? Do you have a QB in mind?

If the team is set on building the trenches and getting us set for a QB in 2020, I'm all for it. The QBs next year are far and away better than those this year. If you did draft a QB this year and decided to start him, who would be protecting him? The OL is swiss cheese and needs to be fixed. Depending on who you read, some think the fins believe their linemen are available at the tail end of the first round. If that's the case and you're set on that, trade back and get more picks in 2020 and set yourself up to trade up for a QB next year. Is a top 20 pick of a lineman sexy? No, but if it's necessary and gets you closer to a better franchise QB in 2020, I'll wait the extra year, IMO.

If the team is set on building the trenches and getting us set for a QB in 2020, I'm all for it. The QBs next year are far and away better than those this year. If you did draft a QB this year and decided to start him, who would be protecting him? The OL is swiss cheese and needs to be fixed. Depending on who you read, some think the fins believe their linemen are available at the tail end of the first round. If that's the case and you're set on that, trade back and get more picks in 2020 and set yourself up to trade up for a QB next year. Is a top 20 pick of a lineman sexy? No, but if it's necessary and gets you closer to a better franchise QB in 2020, I'll wait the extra year, IMO.

I might be the only one but I like Murray/Haskins better than Tua/Fromm. That being said I have no problem building both lines up if that’s the path taken.

Brother, the 4 teams left playing have elite QBs or if you don't want to include Goff and Mahomes due to limited history, 2 elite QBs and 2 QBs that played at an elite level.

You need a QB.

And we were a missed FG and a miracle away from 5 wins.

We do have young talent and it would've been interesting to see what this team would've looked like healthy.

I still don't believe, even if healthy, that we could/can compete with the big boys. And that has to be the goal.

You need a QB for that.

And we were another 20 plays away from being undefeated.

Phins are a 7 win team.

The Saints were one blown call from being in the superbowl, the Chiefs were a fingernail away from being in the superbowl.

Point being if one looks at NFL games with your reasoning they might as well not even bother watching the game.

And we were another 20 plays away from being undefeated.

Phins are a 7 win team.

The Saints were one blown call from being in the superbowl, the Chiefs were a fingernail away from being in the superbowl.

Point being if one looks at NFL games with your reasoning they might as well not even bother watching the game.

Can you imagine how much the alcohol industry would suffer in South Florida...and a very specific section of Northeast Pennsylvania...if this was the case?

Back
Top Bottom