Schefter: Ross will want big name quarterback | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schefter: Ross will want big name quarterback

Big Ben is a franchise QB and if you don't think so you should stop pretending to understand what the QB position is besides "Guy who throws the football"

Hey now, you don't need to be telling people to stop pretending =)

So let me ask you this. Do the Steelers ask Big Ben to go out and win games? What is Pitts MO?

I guess I have a different opinion on what a franchise QB is really. Big Ben is a pretty dang good QB. I guess, for me, I see it differently is all. But then, as I am still writing this, I am still scratching my head as to why I even brought Big Ben into this.

Stupid really, but I got caught up in a rhythm and made a stupid statement. My bad!!

ugh... These "Big Name" QB's are washed up nobodies... We are better off keeping our picks, and trading up for a good QB next year.

When I go hunting I don't use a shotgun - as far as I am concerned it only takes one bullet, and Schefter certainly doesn't believe in that approach either - is that a prob for you too?

I don't eat bird full of shot do you? If we want to blow things up we shoot gophers and prairie dogs

Rev, if you're hunting any type of water fowl or game bird that flies with a single projectile... you don't have to worry about eatin' any bird. :lol:

If you're good enough to hit a duck or a pheasant in flight with a single shot projectile, you're probably good enough to head shoot him with a shotgun and not have to deal with a bird full of shot anyway.

Not even Schefter is that good..

Rev, if you're hunting any type of water fowl or game bird that flies with a single projectile... you don't have to worry about eatin' any bird. :lol:

If you're good enough to hit a duck or a pheasant in flight with a single shot projectile, you're probably good enough to head shoot him with a shotgun and not have to deal with a bird full of shot anyway.

Not even Schefter is that good..

I am not a "hunter" and my bro-in-law shoots with shot - and picks the bird apart

I have shot fowl with .22 - I see Schefter as I guy who has nothing on the Phins so he makes up stuff

I guess I have a different opinion on what a franchise QB is really. Big Ben is a pretty dang good QB. I guess, for me, I see it differently is all. But then, as I am still writing this, I am still scratching my head as to why I even brought Big Ben into this.

Stupid really, but I got caught up in a rhythm and made a stupid statement. My bad!!

Don't apologize for making the statement just be prepared to back it up when you make it. It is your opinion that Ben isn't a franchise QB and while that might be the minority opinion, it is still only an opinion and by all means fine.

Ben plays solid ball and has lead Pitt to the Super Bowl 3 times in 7 years winning 2, while that still might not get him in the hall just yet it does give him the title of Franchise QB. To me if you are not looking to upgrade the position then the term "franchise" can be used until proven otherwise.

It is the same as Junc claiming Sanchez is a franchise QB both statements are a minority opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not a "hunter" and my bro-in-law shoots with shot - and picks the bird apart

I have shot fowl with .22 - I see Schefter as I guy who has nothing on the Phins so he makes up stuff
It is against the law to shoot a duck or goose with a rifle. This is a federal game law that covers migratory birds. I like Shefter but I think he is like rest of us, bored of the lock out looking for any news.

Don't apologize for making the statement just be prepared to back it up when you make it. It is your opinion that Ben isn't a franchise QB and while that might be the minority opinion, it is still only an opinion and by all means fine.

Ben plays solid ball and has lead Pitt to the Super Bowl 3 times in 7 years winning 2, while that still might not get him in the hall just yet it does give him the title of Franchise QB. To me if you are not looking to upgrade the position then the term "franchise" can be used until proven otherwise.

It is the same as Junc claiming Sanchez is a franchise QB both statements are a minority opinion.

Nice post thanks.

My problem with Big Ben is something that I can't prove I guess. To me it's the Troy Aikman complex. Is Big Ben that good? Or is his team that good? You know? Who makes who look so good? I dunno if it makes sense, but for me if he doesn't have as great a team surrounding him he doesn't reach 1 SB yet IMO.

But then again, you really can never fault someone for the talent they have around them.

So you are right, Big Ben doesn what he needs to do, can win games if he needs to and doesn't lose games. So in the general term of Franchise QB he would fit.

But I am just skeptical, cause last point. I feel a franchise QB is one that can still be as successful wherever they go. Guys like Rodgers/Manning/Rivers/ and Brady. Guys who don't need the supporting cast to be good.

So that is why I am skeptical.

It is against the law to shoot a duck or goose with a rifle. This is a federal game law that covers migratory birds. I like Shefter but I think he is like rest of us, bored of the lock out looking for any news.

You are talking to the guy who had his BB gun taken away from him by the RCMP when he was 12 and had to stand in front of a judge for the misdemeanor

Anyone who remembers my position on Vick could probably guess that I'm not a fan of hunters for sport - or for food for that matter if a grocery is within driving distance. As a matter of fact I contribute to a few low profile groups that make PETA look like puzzies.

Now back to the regular programming: I was sure Ross would take a QB, hopefully Mallett to make a splash and rebuild enthusiasm. It's hard to believe he thinks any of the retread usual suspects could ratchet up hope like a promising newly minted draftee could. Maybe Palmer but that's all and it's not gonna happen.

Nice post thanks.

My problem with Big Ben is something that I can't prove I guess. To me it's the Troy Aikman complex. Is Big Ben that good? Or is his team that good? You know? Who makes who look so good? I dunno if it makes sense, but for me if he doesn't have as great a team surrounding him he doesn't reach 1 SB yet IMO.

But then again, you really can never fault someone for the talent they have around them.

So you are right, Big Ben doesn what he needs to do, can win games if he needs to and doesn't lose games. So in the general term of Franchise QB he would fit.

But I am just skeptical, cause last point. I feel a franchise QB is one that can still be as successful wherever they go. Guys like Rodgers/Manning/Rivers/ and Brady. Guys who don't need the supporting cast to be good.

So that is why I am skeptical.

And these are all valid points to support your point of view and at some point you maybe able to say 'Told ya"!

Ben has had the privilege of playing with probably the best overall defense the past 5 years even better then the Ravens and you could make the argument that is why he is successful. I would like to see if he keeps winning when the D is average. Your point about Aikman is right on, he was overrated when you look back on it.

Anyone who remembers my position on Vick could probably guess that I'm not a fan of hunters for sport - or for food for that matter if a grocery is within driving distance. As a matter of fact I contribute to a few low profile groups that make PETA look like puzzies.

Now back to the regular programming: I was sure Ross would take a QB, hopefully Mallett to make a splash and rebuild enthusiasm. It's hard to believe he thinks any of the retread usual suspects could ratchet up hope like a promising newly minted draftee could. Maybe Palmer but that's all and it's not gonna happen.

I neither condone or support hunting - I have taken out a few skeets in my time - on the other track i see a journeyman coming in but not one who unseat Henne - I DO NOT WANT THEM PARTING WITH PICKS!!!

2012 we should be able to select a top 3 QB spect and be able to keep him upright long enough to hand off for his first season - Henne may not be re-signed - if he can't turn it around

The players taken in the draft can stay next year. I say that because half of me believes that Ross will win or lose this season with Henne. And next year, the new GM and coach will come in and pick a qb, wheather its a vet or rookie. Why select a qb this year when a new coach may not like him? Pouncey, and Thomas are good picks to be on the team even with new brass. I know Ross wants to win, but he may have be reserved to the fact that its not this year, but next year to start over again.

Back
Top Bottom