Scott Pioli is the obvious pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scott Pioli is the obvious pick

8 pro bowlers 4 drafted by Peterson, 4 Pioli

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

Most I've heard is if anybody in house gets the job it will be Brian Gaine, but even that's unlikely. But it seems rather clear that the team wants Aponte focused more on the business side and not personnel

Here are some Scott Pioli facts for you. He was GM of Kansas City 2009 - 2012. His first round draft picks starting in '09 were Tyson Jackson, Eric Berry, Johnatan Baldwin, and Dontari Poe. Jackson was considered a bust up until this season. Berry is a very good player. Baldwin was a bust. Poe had a very good season. The rest of his drafts over that time yielded very little except for a decent draft in 2010 when the Chiefs drafted Berry, Dexter McCluster, Javier Arenas, and Tony Moeaki (looked like was going to be a good player before injury issues). He also drafted Justin Houston in the third round in 2011. He overpaid for a below average unproven qb in Matt Cassel and only drafted one qb, Ricky Stanzi (5th round 2011) during his tenure. He hired two failed head coaches in Todd Haley and Romeo Crennel. Overall, In my opinion, Pioli was a failure as the gm of the KC Chiefs.

Last edited by a moderator:
My gut doesnt like Pioli. Its just a eerie feeling about that man. Im ussually right when I get this feeling.

besides...get rid of the Parcells stench? uh, right.

I think they need to focus on polian.I would pay a fortune for him.I feel he could bring us back to a winning tradition.

I would go after Decastro of Baltimore or Loughlin of Seattle. Pretty good judges of talent. I would also take a look at Dimitioff. He built the falcons while this team was failing with Parcels/ireland.

I would shake the tree of SAN FRAN or SEATTLE long before I would touch Scott Pioli -> They have the equation!!!

I would honestly take Tannenbaum over Pioli -> Tannenbaum can work with the Nuts and Bolts the QB is in place and that cost Tannenbuam his job

There is one guy out there, who has a good track record, who respects Joe Philbin, who would happily accept the situation here and chock full of good experience, who drafts character over talent. In other words, he wouldnt draft Dez Bryant.

His name is Bill Polian.

That would be my favorite. He has a lot of experience and had some good years with Bills. Panthers and Colts. Ironically he was on ESPN pre-Irland firing. They talked about the upcoming games, franchise QBs (or possible franchise QBs). The Dolphins came up as well and he laid out a list of positions of must need to become a contender. It was almost like he already had an FA and Draft List made up.

Pioli will answer to Aponte.

You really got a hard on for Aponte don't you?

She is already in a position to cut a GMs balls off - for the last year or so. You are proposing a scenario which is already in effect. For what reason? Either you can say "I told you so" (to a scenario which is already in place) or you have no idea about the organizational structure of the Dolphins.

In the current structure she is fully responsible for all contract negotiations. If she says no, then it is no.

Unless you are saying that she would be able to hire and fire a GM then she would (under current structures) replace Tom Garfinkel who is the President and CEO. Unless Tom leaves I doubt that Ross would make a change in that position. Her current position is side-by-side of the GMs position with the bonus of pulling the trigger of saying no if the contract numbers do not work out.
Right now she reports directly to Garfinkel on the day-to-day business side just as the GM does and I don't see that changing. But unless she screws up our cap numbers she always will have the finger on the GM and I am sure Garfinkel takes her suggestions before the GMs suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom