Scott Shields coverted to linebacker? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scott Shields coverted to linebacker?

Originally posted by Muck
He couldn't beat out Hendricks. That guys a demon. It would be tough to crack that top six. Honestly, I'd love to see him at strong safety. But if he's got adequate LB speed, then move him.

Hendricks is a converted safety too....

anyway that's not why I jumped in here.....Muck, check out the pic on my profile....it's another pic of my dog.....he looks like a bullet!.....look at the size of his head.... See,that aint no Lab!.........

Originally posted by ckparrothead
The knock on Shields has always been that he's a daisy when it comes to being physical. Even his good rookie year with the Steelers he was a pass cover guy mainly. Why in the world all the sudden people would entertain thoughts of him moving to LINEBACKER, where his cover skills would pretty much go to waste and his lack of physical toughness would be further exposed, is beyond me.

Exactly....He's playing great at safety in Europe and should stay there..His confidence is up..Why screw with him now by changing his position..and I respect Pittsburg's ability to spot talent..That team has lost more FA's than any team I can remember in recent history and still find replacements to be competitive. So if they drafted sheilds..I for one want to give him a chance..He's hitting big in Europe..maybe he's now ready for the big time..this time with a mean--ness he didn't have in his rookie season.

I like him as SS...

...he's been a defensive leader for the Claymores and has impressed all year.:D

I find it hard to believe (though I don't challenge the comments of those who have posted it) that he lacked aggression and physical toughness. :confused: I criticised him earlier in the season for his excess of aggression causing him to be called for personal fouls on key plays. I hope he now has the right balance having gained some experience and no doubt "earbashing" from the coaches.

As an extra man in the box on running plays he's excellent and I've seen some good open field play from him. I think he could do linebacker but not certain it's the right career move.

Back
Top Bottom