Scouts Inc ranks top 3rd WRs, and top Nickel CBs....Miami made the list | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scouts Inc ranks top 3rd WRs, and top Nickel CBs....Miami made the list

DolphinzD said:
How about Anquan Boldin? How did he do last year?

Gee I thought Ck said people that the FANS were clamoring for. There wasn't much clamoring before or after the draft when it came to Boldin. It was after he started putting up #'s did all of a sudden most people get 20/20 hindsight.

Boldin wasn't even the first WR taken by his TEAM last year. That was Bryant Johnson, whom the Cards took in Round 1.

Not even Arizona knew what they were getting.

i dont know...he had a GREAT year but he was overachieving a bit i think...not saying he's not good, but he's not going to put up much better #'s along the way i dont think...we'll see

btw, although he had a good year, i dont think he'd have more than 50-60 balls MAX last season, considering we are run first, had fiedler at the helm, and we had chambers as our feature wr

Looks like unless you,....CK, listed them in no speacial order,

Hit the nail on the head, I actually listed them in backwards order, because Michael Clayton was the last guy listed in the article. Nonetheless, I thought it was semi-clear in the article the way it was written, that it wasn't a ranking so much as a list of top guys. So, it was a you're-in-the-club, or you're-not type thing. Plus, some of the guys they listed, well I mean James Thrash is competing with Darnerian McCants and Taylor Jacobs for that 3rd WR role, and I give the upper hand to McCants on that one I think.

Gee I thought Ck said people that the FANS were clamoring for. There wasn't much clamoring before or after the draft when it came to Boldin. It was after he started putting up #'s did all of a sudden most people get 20/20 hindsight.

You did my thinking for me Van. I know there were plenty of FSU fans around here that liked Boldin and wanted him on the Phins, but there were way more people that wanted Kelly Washington or Tyrone Calico. What I was just pointing out was that, ya know, even for all the potential the two of them showed, Calico only had 18 catches and Washington had 22 catches...and now in their 2nd years they are expected to still be 3rd WRs so its not exactly like drafting either of them would have been some cure-all for the offense last year or even this year. With a WR, I still maintain that most of the time, it takes a full 3 years before you get a good return on your investment.

Back
Top Bottom