Sean May says he wants to play for Bobcats | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean May says he wants to play for Bobcats

Im very much anticipating this NBA Draft. But what use would the bobcats have for Sean May...imo it would be stupid drafting him because they already have Emeka Okafor and Mays lack of height [6''8] hes about 3-4 inches short of being a center. His only shot in the NBA is to be a PF, in which case like i mentioned emeka okafor is! I will release tonight my NBA Mock Draft on this site, only round 1 though!

Roman529 said:
Sean May isn't half the player his daddy was at Indiana.....Sean is Charles Barkley without the jumpshot and rebounding....I don't buy the hype based
on a good NCAA tourney. OVERATED

Let's go back before we go forward. When Sean came to UNC he did so w/ McCants Felton, Noel and Byron Sanders and joined Jawad Williams, Melvin Scott & jackie Manuel who were coming off an 8-20 season. Immediately the Heels were a top team again as they were a top 15 team after thrashing Kansas(who went on to lose a clsoe title game) en route to the Preseason NIT. Sean got hurt in late December and the Heels fell apart from there, then his conditioning became an issue for a year though he was still very good and this year he became dominating. Sean has a jump shot and will continue to work on it(Barkley didn't come out of Auburn shooting 18 footers) and ys he was on a great team but he was a major reason why the Heels were great, w/o Sean we don't even make the FF. He can shoot, pass, run the floor, rebound, the only knock is he is a little short but so is Elton Brand and he has had success.

I admit that my initial post was a bit over-the-top, but seriously, did ANYONE believe May was a solid first round pick coming into this year? Or even before the tournament? There's no denying that May was *AWESOME* in the tournament. I don't think anyone disputes that. I saw him up close and personal in the Syracuse regional, and there wasn't a guy on the court that had a prayer of handling him. If Roy Williams wanted to, he could have had them feed May every time, and he would have scored 50 in both games.

You make it sound like he was bad during the season and just played well in the Tourney. He was robbed of ACC POY b/c of the duke bias giving it to the overrated choker JJ redick but he was still first team all-ACC, a finalist for the Wooden award, was a 2nd team all-American, he led our under 20 US squad to a Championship last summer and was named co-athlete of the year by USA basketball. He was the BEST player in college basketball from January to April, he wasn't just good he was dominating angainst the best competition in the Country. The notion that he just apperaed b/c of a great Tourney run is wrong.

I like his offensive game; he's got a good set of low post moves. But I'm not sure about his jumper, and frankly, I think his defense sucks. His rotations are slow and he seemed to get his blocked shots at UNC solely based on the fact that he had a size advantage on 90% of the guys he matched up with. Not gonna happen in the pros. Unless he grows three inches in the next couple months, he's going to have to play the 4 in the NBA; he's just not big enough to play the 5, where they'd be able to hide his defense a little better (given the dearth of centers who can play offense).

He's definitely not a 5 in the NBA. His jump shot is fine, he just didn't shoot alot but when he did he was effective and I'll bet he improves alot in that area w/ more repetition. His D wasn't Rodman-like but he was a good defender at UNC and has the strength, quickness and agility necessary to be a good defender in the NBA. It may not happen overnight but give him a couple of years and he'll be a good defender.

I hear May being compared to Elton Brand.

I agree a bit, they are both shorter 4's but the main difference is Brand was a better defender while May was better at running the floor and had more post moves in College. Brand just used to overpower people in College.

Miaball, took the words out of my mouth. Carmello Anthony, Nick Collison, Kirk Hinrich, ect ect have all had their stock soar to it's peak because of play in the NCAA tournamant!

Anthony, Hinrich and Collison were drafted about where they would have been anyway. You forget, but Anthony passed up being a certain lottery pick coming out of high school to play at SU for one year. Hinrich and Collison went about where they would have otherwise, and rightfully so. After seeing them start for four years, what exactly was the 2003 NCAA tournament going to prove?

I'll give you Wade, though. :)

I agree a bit, they are both shorter 4's but the main difference is Brand was a better defender while May was better at running the floor and had more post moves in College. Brand just used to overpower people in College.

Your opinion is noted and respected, but I'll just say this: if May does become the next Elton Brand, I'll issue a public apology in this thread at that time. But until then, I'm betting HEAVILY against it.

phunwin said:
Your opinion is noted and respected, but I'll just say this: if May does become the next Elton Brand, I'll issue a public apology in this thread at that time. But until then, I'm betting HEAVILY against it.

I don't know if he'll be as good as Brand but I am confident he'll be a solid pro.

nyjunc said:
I don't know if he'll be as good as Brand but I am confident he'll be a solid pro.

I don't know.....I respect your basketball knowledge...but I see Tractor Traylor when I see May.....a good 20 minute a game big man....never to live up to a top 10 pick.

I see May being a 10 to 13 PT, 7 rebound guy in the NBA. Which is not bad, but he needs to be on a team like say the Nets, that have a Kid, Carter and Jefferson. May will never be the guy, but could be part of a cast that would make a very good team.

Brand and Jamerson are more Athletic then May.

Section126 said:
I don't know.....I respect your basketball knowledge...but I see Tractor Traylor when I see May.....a good 20 minute a game big man....never to live up to a top 10 pick.

I disagree about that, Traylor is 400 lbs and even when May was overweight it was only about 280 or so. He'll be well conditioned in the NBA and be able to play 30-35 mins a night. I'm not saying he's going to be a great player but I think he'll be very solid and I'll be thrilled if the Nets can grab him.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I see May being a 10 to 13 PT, 7 rebound guy in the NBA. Which is not bad, but he needs to be on a team like say the Nets, that have a Kid, Carter and Jefferson. May will never be the guy, but could be part of a cast that would make a very good team.

No doubt about Antawn, he is a human pogo stick but Sean is still very athletic and I'd say as athletic as Brand.

NJFINSFAN1 said:

Jefferson will be traded before the season starts...hes got an attitude right now ab out playing with carter...and if the nets dont draft well or get the right compensation for jefferson [I hear there looking for a lottery pick] then Kidd is out of there. This draft could really make or break this New Jersey Team

I think if they traded jefferson and pick up maybe Hakim Warrick to replace him and then they draft may at 15 they would be set. In trading jefferson they need to replace him

Buddwalk said:
Jefferson will be traded before the season starts...hes got an attitude right now ab out playing with carter...and if the nets dont draft well or get the right compensation for jefferson [I hear there looking for a lottery pick] then Kidd is out of there. This draft could really make or break this New Jersey Team

I think if they traded jefferson and pick up maybe Hakim Warrick to replace him and then they draft may at 15 they would be set. In trading jefferson they need to replace him

Where is your 1st round mock draft at? You said lastnight that you was gonna to post it.

PhinDude88 said:
Where is your 1st round mock draft at? You said lastnight that you was gonna to post it.

Calm down man I got tired...I'll make it now, jeesh you like hounding me dont ya...:D

Buddwalk said:
Calm down man I got tired...I'll make it now, jeesh you like hounding me dont ya...:D

I like to see mock drafts. I dont know why, i just do.

Buddwalk said:

I have not heard one peep about RJ complaining he wants out b/c of Vince.

I think Hakim Warrick is going to be an absolute bust in the NBA.

Back
Top Bottom