Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill

Not bad candidates... I think Mora could be a Carrol type given another chance... He really didn't get much of a shot in Seattle and he brought the Falcons to a Championship game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not as high on Mora as some are, but his college work suggests he will get another change as he's a defensive guy that does believe in forward thinking offense. His issue in the pros was he basically was married to Greg Knapp at OC.

I'm not as high on Mora as some are, but his college work suggests he will get another change as he's a defensive guy that does believe in forward thinking offense. His issue in the pros was he basically was married to Greg Knapp at OC.

plus that whole vick thing ...

i don't know of many coaches who could've survived that fiasco

We need experience at HC and whoever it ends up being....has to be connected enough to attract OC and DC coordinators, as I suspect we will need them as well.

Payton and Jackson would be strong choices.

"Bill Parcell's connections" That should disqualify Payton immediately.

I just don't get the thinking that anything Parcells is positive. The guy took a dump on us and people still think he's a ****ing god.
Wake up. Anything Parcell's should be avoided at all costs.
I was actually for Sean Payton until I heard this.

I just don't get the thinking that anything Parcells is positive. The guy took a dump on us and people still think he's a ****ing god.

You do realize just because Parcells had a hand in his career they are not the same person right?

Then you might want to avoid watching this team for several more years. Tannenbaum is a Parcells' guy. Aponte is a Parcells' gal. Suh was coached originally by Schwartz, who is a Parcells' guy. Dan Campbell is a Parcells' guy....

If you don't know which road you're on, there are signs all around to help.

Because every HC has an expiry date.

I didn't ask why they were getting rid of him, I asked why their team looks so bad with a really good head coach? I see that they have a top offense (debatable by watching the games) and a terrible defense. I remember one season the Fins running three coaches out of town because the team was pathetic (2015). Funny when looking at another team, we fault the players, but when it's our own team, its the coaches. I say bring him in but do not sacrifice a high draft pick for a coach that may potentially more of the same (lopsided built team).

I didn't ask why they were getting rid of him, I asked why their team looks so bad with a really good head coach? I see that they have a top offense (debatable by watching the games) and a terrible defense. I remember one season the Fins running three coaches out of town because the team was pathetic (2015). Funny when looking at another team, we fault the players, but when it's our own team, its the coaches. I say bring him in but do not sacrifice a high draft pick for a coach that may potentially more of the same (lopsided built team).

they look so bad because their defense is awful and it's been awful for years. when they won the superbowl they were on of the tops in the NFL at creating turnovers.

Elle, you seem to have to have football intelligence. What current options at HC do you see as a good fit for us? Whether current HC on hot seat, OC, DC, college coach or retread.

Looks like Saints fans have found this thread. Doesn't look like I can directly link to it.

www.saintsreport.com

under

Saints Super Forum(Main Board)

Cole: Sean Payton to Miami Dolphins is a ‘Ready-Made Deal’

Last edited by a moderator:

It is obviously of the utmost importance that he brings great coordinators with him. And part of the reason the team looks so bad is because every coach has an expiry date. They can't push the same buttons anymore, they get stale. And the production on the field suffers. Additionally, Rob Ryan is proving to be among the worst DC's in the league. He had 1 good year there, and the past 2 they have been awful. In 12 years in the NFL he has TWO top 10 defenses. I'd point the finger there first.

I'd also point fingers at how they've handled cap space. Blame goes to Payton there partially. But I think we have some of the better capologists in the league, and that we could get his guys while avoiding cap hell.

As for changing our stances when looking at another team, they're two separate situations which have no bearing on how each is evaluated. I personally believe we are one of the worst coached teams in football. Payton is an offensive mind, in charge of the offense he has 5 #1 offenses in terms of total yards in 9 years. He's respected enough to get a top level DC into the fold, and if he can do that he's a stud on the offensive side of the ball.

plus that whole vick thing ...

i don't know of many coaches who could've survived that fiasco

honestly think he could've survived that in Atlanta if he didn't openly admit he'd run to the University of Washington (his alma mater) with application in hand if it opened. Blank got pissed at him... funny enough Mora decided not to take that job when it opened.

You do realize just because Parcells had a hand in his career they are not the same person right?

Yes, I understand that. My point is people make it seem like connections to Parcell's are a positive thing. He ****ed us over and why should we give any respect back to that piece of ****.
Of course I would not hold Parcell's connections against any coach we hire. I'm still pissed at Parcell's and sometimes it gets the best of me.
Parcell's is nothing more than a bag full of ****. A big fat bag.

Then you might want to avoid watching this team for several more years. Tannenbaum is a Parcells' guy. Aponte is a Parcells' gal. Suh was coached originally by Schwartz, who is a Parcells' guy. Dan Campbell is a Parcells' guy....

If you don't know which road you're on, there are signs all around to help.

I'm not the football expert you are. But I know those people have connections to the pig.
I have nothing against these people. But if we were to dismiss everyone you mention including Suh, I would not loose one nights sleep over it. Especially Tannenbaum. He could go back to New York as far as I'm concerned.
I have something against what some around here make out to be something special. Parcell's was never or never will be special. He's a pig and a loser.

I'm a Dolphin fan since Shula came to Miami and I was just a kid, born and raised in Miami. I have lived and died on Sundays, Mondays and Thursday's as Dolphin fan.
So I don't need any directions from you or from any signs.

Back
Top Bottom