Seau and Thomas | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seau and Thomas

Thomas is solid, few teams in the league have a player with his intensity and preparation. Seau has lasted very well and should do great this year, Thomas undertook his conditioning and should remain injury free this year.

Zach on the other hand has 2 more solid years and after that he can call it a career

are you kidding? only 2, he is top 3 LB in the league, you can even make a case for number 2 because urlacher cant stay healthy, he may be 30 or 31 whatever but he is certainly not at the end of his carear.

there was a discusion with Zack about the offseason workout changes he began to help improve his durability. I can't recall where, but I found it interesting that he was addressing the issue up front. I am not a Say-ow fan this year. That being said, I believe Saban will find a way to take advantage of Jr.s gift for blowing up the backfield and remove him from the obvious mismatch situations. Both guys could have really good years as the oppossing offenses have other things to fear starting this year.

Speed was never a part of Junior's or Zachs success so losing a step is not going to mean much.Their saavy and instincts remain intact and I expect both of them to be key contributors to the defense next season.

CrunchTime said:
Speed was never a part of Junior's or Zachs success so losing a step is not going to mean much.Their saavy and instincts remain intact and I expect both of them to be key contributors to the defense next season.

I alsways though of them as quick more than fast

and don't forget, Junior said it himself, what he has seen of this defense, reminds him of what he played in out in San Diego, so he'll have a comfortability factor and recognition factor that will go beyond his performance on the field, but his ability to be a coach on the field, just like Travis Daniels.. even though he'll be a rookie, he'll be able to communcate certain things to the secondary thanks to his previous experience in this defense..

phillip goodwin said:
155 is still a lot of tackles, I'll bet he had more than say, Takeo spikes........

Yeah, he had more tackles tha Spikes, but Fletcher is our Tackle man (142) Spikes is a playmaker, 5 INTs (2 for TD's) 3 Forced Fumbles, and a Fumble recovery.

Losman7 said:
Yeah, he had more tackles tha Spikes, but Fletcher is our Tackle man (142) Spikes is a playmaker, 5 INTs (2 for TD's) 3 Forced Fumbles, and a Fumble recovery.

That's what we're hoping Channing Crowder becomes for us one day.

just as i thought, takeo "make it hot"spikes even with all that attitude, didn't break the century mark in tackles last year. Zack beat him by 50 tackles and was out several games. Yea, he's definately over the hill(j/k)............

phillip goodwin said:
just as i thought, takeo "make it hot"spikes even with all that attitude, didn't break the century mark in tackles last year. Zack beat him by 50 tackles and was out several games. Yea, he's definately over the hill(j/k)............

I never said Zach was done, Seau I think might be.

If Saban is the defensive genius he's supposed to be, and ZT will take a paycut, Saban could prolong his career putting him in situations to suceed

Back
Top Bottom