SEC with a little egg on their face | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SEC with a little egg on their face

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
Mike T the commish of the BIG EAST got sick of listening to the crap coming out of the mouths of the SEC schools. He came out and brought up 2 points..

1) L'ville the past 2 years has offered EVERY SEC school a home-n-home and some schools a 2-1 (2 at your house, 1 in L'ville) every school turned them down!!!

2) The SEC commish and presidents of the schools has led the charge the past few years to NOT have a playoff. Even standing by that stance after Auburn was screwed a couple years back. He said they almost had enough votes for a 4 team playoff or at worst a +1 game, but the SEC shot it down. So, NOW for the SEC or Florida to cry foul about being the "best 1-loss team" or up until last night "better than an unbeaten L'ville".....they have no leg to stand on. Because this is the system THEY wanted!!!!!

Mike T said he hates talking about details of what goes on behind closed doors and what is said there should stay there. But he said he couldn't take the crying from the SEC schools anymore because this is the system THEY pushed for and wanted!! Now THEY have it and are unhappy with it.

(for those who don't know the SEC was the conference that started the BCS, they were the one's who came up with the idea and it's their baby. And they have a lot of power over it)

You got a link for all this info? I'd be interested in reading more about this. I didn't realize the BCS was the SEC's idea. I haven't heard anyone from the SEC crying about anything other than Tuberville.

Motion said:
You got a link for all this info? I'd be interested in reading more about this. I didn't realize the BCS was the SEC's idea. I haven't heard anyone from the SEC crying about anything other than Tuberville.

Urban Myer has been doing a bunch of crying.

Here is an article from a couple weeks ago. About 1/4 down it talks about the SEC and their former commish as the one who invented the BCS.. http://sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9763796

Mike T did a bunch of radio shows yesterday. The one on WFAN. It isn't archived on their website but it might sometime this weekend get put up there. ANd the one on FOX was a doozy he blasted everyone and called them out.

Not many big conferences want to play Big East Teams, Notre Dame and Maryland stepped up and scheduled Rutgers, Kudos to them.

MikeO said:
Urban Myer has been doing a bunch of crying.

Here is an article from a couple weeks ago. About 1/4 down it talks about the SEC and their former commish as the one who invented the BCS.. http://sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9763796

Mike T did a bunch of radio shows yesterday. The one on WFAN. It isn't archived on their website but it might sometime this weekend get put up there. ANd the one on FOX was a doozy he blasted everyone and called them out.
Interesting, sounds like a bitter Big East fan.

And I'd love to see some evidence Meyer has been crying about the BCS. I've seen or heard nothing of the sort. From what I have read I don't believe that for one second.

Motion said:
Interesting, sounds like a bitter Big East fan.

And I'd love to see some evidence Meyer has been crying about the BCS. I've seen or heard nothing of the sort.

I have not heard Meyer, but I do know the big Conferences have tried to shut out the Big East, but they are going to have a hard time doing so now. Maryland and Notre Dame stepped up, now other schools will also.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I have not heard Meyer, but I do know the big Conferences have tried to shut out the Big East, but they are going to have a hard time doing so now. Maryland and Notre Dame stepped up, now other schools will also.

I don't doubt that at all.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Not many big conferences want to play Big East Teams, Notre Dame and Maryland stepped up and scheduled Rutgers, Kudos to them.

ND has no choice they have to schedule a certain amount of Big East teams. That's part of the deal for them to get our lower level bowl bids in years they don't make a BCS bowl.

MikeO said:
Do you live in a bubble?? Urban has been going off about this for weeks. Here is 1 of his many crying rants.... http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/index.ssf?/base/sports/116306779419520.xml&coll=3
Based on that article and his history and experience in the matter at Utah I'd hardly consider that "crying". To each their own. ALOT of people would agree with the points he made. Not to mention the second rate news sources, your gonna bring up some random guy's blog as evidence? Come on now.

Only interesting bits I find in these is that the FORMER SEC pres was the originator of the BCS. DID NOT know that. Also interesting this year the SEC is moderating (was that the word used?) the BSC. Very interesting stuff.

Can you really blame the SEC teams for not wanting to schedule Louisville? I mean they are (at the very least) a solid team. EVERY team in the SEC plays 4 or 5 really good teams. WHY add another? Especially when the ACC, BIG 12, BIG 10 only play 2 or 3 tough games a year. It just does not add up. The SEC teams already have some of the toughest schedules in the nation!

About Meyer... I think you are grabbing at straws there Mike O. Sorry I don't buy that one. He has been pretty cordial about the whole mess that is the BCS. Now there have been plenty of other coaches whining (Tuberville for one)...

I just wish they could change the BCS.

Back
Top Bottom