SEC with a little egg on their face | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SEC with a little egg on their face

Nappy Roots said:
their in the SEC, why the hell would they schedule a incredibly hard non-conference schedule?

that would be moronic.

Why not? If they are the best prove it.

UF Fin Kat said:
that's not true at all. if rutgers schedules a game at ohio state and OSU barely escapes with a win, they're never going to schedule them again.

They would and if they didn't another big time program would b/c they'd see RU is legit and can help them in the BCS.

FIN-STONE said:
There Are 3 Big Big East Teams West Va. , Louisville,

And Now Rutgers... The Sec Has Been A Powerhouse Forever And

Still Is Lsu , Auburn And Florida Will Be There Till The End..
LSU....done,
Auburn....done
Florida.....?

SECfootball said:
Almost every school in the SEC schedules at least one quality out of conference team. You can't say the same about Big East schools.

Cincy--Ohio St, VT
Syracuse--Iowa, Wake Forest
WV---Maryland (who will play for the ACC championship probably)
L'ville---Miami, Kentucky
Pitt---Virigina, Mich St
UCONN--Wake Forest, Indiana, Navy
Rutgers--Navy

at least 1.....I think so. I know you might laugh at Navy but they are 7-3 this year agaisnt a solid schedule.

nyjunc said:
When you are on the bottom you need to be flexible, don't expect a home and home. Go on the road and play big teams first, prove you are worthy and the home and homes will follow.

Why would a school like Louisville sign a contract for one away game? :confused: That would be pretty stupid. Smaller schools do that for the money, but U of L no longer falls under that classification.

Like Mike O. said earlier in this thread, U of L even offered 1 game in Louisville and 2 away games to some teams and they still got turned down. They even offered "neutral site" games to no avail. They tried to get ESPN envolved to "twist" some SEC arms and that didn't work either. They're working on Notre Dame right now for a series. We had a game against Oregon State at home last year, and we go up there in 2008. I wonder if U of L has approached USC? That would be a good game.

MikeO said:
Cincy--Ohio St, VT
Pitt---Virigina, Mich St
Rutgers--Navy

at least 1.....I think so. I know you might laugh at Navy but they are 7-3 this year agaisnt a solid schedule.

I'm laughing at a lot more than Navy; mainly your judgement of "quality."

I just want to make sure you included Kentucky, Virginia, Michigan St, Indiana, and Navy on this list. Go home, rewrite this post, and I'll only count you off a few points on next week's assignment.

Also, what is your basis of this quality? Should I judge this by how well the teams are doing on this list or by how well they were expected to be when scheduled? Whichever way you choose, eliminate either Wake Forest or Miami Canes (and possibly Maryland).

So for sure I'll give you Ohio St, VT, and Iowa.
Great post, pal.

Kev83 said:
So for sure I'll give you Ohio St, VT, and Iowa.
Great post, pal.

WF and Maryland aren't quality?? Maryland will be playing for the ACC title, they aren't quality. LOL LOL LOL LOL OL

Ok nuff said. You better go re-write!

MikeO said:
Cincy--Ohio St, VT
Pitt---Virigina, Mich St
Rutgers--Navy

I don't care about the bad BE teams, I am just focusing on the top 3:

Marland is a mid of the pack ACC team and that's the only halway decent non-conf team WVU played. MD might make the ACC title game but that has more to do w/ the rest of the conf being so bad this year.

UL scheduld Miami but their bad luck had Miami bad this year(actually good lukl b/c if it was typical Miami UL wouldn't have had a chance to beat them). Kentucky as a quality opponent?:lol:

When Navy is the marquee team on your non-conf sched you might as well start to scheule HS teams. Navy is good for a servise Academy and Paul johnson has done a great job there but they aren't a good team. Navy would be good on the sched if RU scheduld top 20 team or 2 but when they are the marquee team then there's a major problem.

LouPhinFan said:
Why would a school like Louisville sign a contract for one away game? :confused: That would be pretty stupid. Smaller schools do that for the money, but U of L no longer falls under that classification.

NOW they don't but when they were making these scheds they di and I give UL credit- they did schedule Miami which figured to be a loss when they signed the deal but Miami stinks this year.

MikeO said:
WF and Maryland aren't quality?? Maryland will be playing for the ACC title, they aren't quality. LOL LOL LOL LOL OL

Maryland is not quality. The ACC is bad this year(think the typical BE that's how bad they have been). MD has 1 quality win all year, they lstruggled w/ William and Mary and Mid ten State, they beat Florida Int'l by 4 and in their current 5 game win streak they have won by an average of 2.6 PPG.

:rolleyes: really nitpicking here. maryland is a good team who could win the ACC. same with wake forest. they're out of conference teams, and they're good. going overboard just to prove a point means you have no point.

UF Fin Kat said:
:rolleyes: really nitpicking here. maryland is a good team who could win the ACC. same with wake forest. they're out of conference teams, and they're good. going overboard just to prove a point means you have no point.

:yeahthat:

MikeO said:

MikeO,

I asked you to give some kind of criterion (I know thats hard) for distinguishing these teams. Is it how good they were anticipated to be when scheduled or how well they are currently performing? As I said in my post, that dwindles your list down even more.
Example a) Miami Hurricanes favorerd to do well, and a perennial powerhouse. This year, well, not so much.
Example b) Wake Forest the bottom of the ACC when scheduled and known by little more than a few offensive players from their past. This year they're in the ACC hunt (along with mediocore Maryland).

So, which is it?
I'd like to give you 50% of that original list (so the better answer is to say how the teams are performing now). Just say that, pal. Then I'll give you an extra team or two.

Any reason why you're so non-SEC? Grow up playing field hockey?

Kev83 said:
MikeO,

I asked you to give some kind of criterion (I know thats hard) for distinguishing these teams. Is it how good they were anticipated to be when scheduled or how well they are currently performing? As I said in my post, that dwindles your list down even more.
Example a) Miami Hurricanes favorerd to do well, and a perennial powerhouse. This year, well, not so much.
Example b) Wake Forest the bottom of the ACC when scheduled and known by little more than a few offensive players from their past. This year they're in the ACC hunt (along with mediocore Maryland).

So, which is it?
I'd like to give you 50% of that original list (so the better answer is to say how the teams are performing now). Just say that, pal. Then I'll give you an extra team or two.

Any reason why you're so non-SEC? Grow up playing field hockey?

I would give a more in-depth response, but with your personal shots Im not going to waste my time in childish games. But.....

Im not non-SEC.

i live in reality. You can't say Maryland and WF are not a good OOC team to play when they might win the ACC

MikeO said:
I would give a more in-depth response, but with your personal shots Im not going to waste my time in childish games. But.....

Im not non-SEC.

i live in reality. You can't say Maryland and WF are not a good OOC team to play when they might win the ACC
They're really nothing to brag about, MikeO.
When they were scheduled, they were nothing more than a team from a "power conference." Look how that's panned out.
It's still better than scheduling many other teams, but it's nothing to write home about. I give more to Louisville for scheduling Miami than these 2 teams being scheduled.
Reality is that The Big East just isn't deserving of huge credit like they've recently gotten. I am actually glad they are improving, because they have received bad PR the last couple yrs (outside of WV-UGA last yr). No conference should ever hear the phrase "are they deserving of a BCS bid?"
I think the Big East has yet to prove itself worthy of 3 top 10 BCS teams, should that happen. They're making strides, but the SEC and Big 10 have teams outside of their top 3 who I honestly believe would destroy a team like an undefeated, #1 in the Big East, Rutgers, for example.

who's bragging? :shakeno: :shakeno:

Just having a discussion:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom