Sec!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sec!!!

How is that a contradiction? Its a statement. Its also a true statement. Look it up.

Look what up? There are no facts to back up your statements.

You claim the SEC is top heavy saying only Florida and LSU are any good then list the BIG TEN and Big East as the top conferences??? That is the definition of contradiction.

:shakeno: Trying to reason with "gator" fans seems so be almost as easy as pulling teeth out of an actual gator. Whatever you guys think what you want but next year when ...MAYBE, one or two teams from the SEC are in the top ten, I dont want to hear anything.

I'd just honestly like to hear the logic behind this statement. What makes you think that?

His logic is that if you only play one ranked team all season long like Wisconsin, then your a top tier football team. Going 11-1 is just so difficult when you play non ranked teams all year long(most from the Big 10...), then lose to the only ranked team. I'll give them their due credit for winning their bowl game, but the fact is they most likely would not have even made that bowl game if they had to go through an SEC schedule.

How is there even an argument left for Big 10 vs SEC this year, especially using the claim that the SEC "doesnt have enough good teams".

Big 10 Rankings & Conference Record

2- Ohio State (8-0)
7- Wisconsin (7-1)
8- Michigan (7-1)
24-Penn State (5-3)

SEC | Conference Record

1- Florida (7-1)
3- LSU (6-2)
9- Auburn (6-2)
15-Arkansas (7-1)
23-Georgia (4-4)
25-Tennessee (5-3)

So, let me get this straight for one second. The SEC & Big 10 each have 3 top 10 schools this year. The SEC has more top 25 teams than the Big 10, and arguably has the better non ranked teams as well. OSU goes undefeated in the Big 10, and gets slaughtered by Florida(who's only loss came within the SEC).

Somehow, Big 10 homers criticize the SEC for not remaining in the top few rankings year after year when we lose to other good SEC teams, while OSU just strolls on through their sad conference teams with ease- only to get embarrassed in the national championship.

Yeah, the Big 10 is definitely superior....

:lol:

Want some logic Motion? He is from a Big Ten state. He's bitter
well heres a stop to that, I am an FSU fan sorry, not from here. And I'm not bitter just my opinion. We all have a right to that right? I actually dispise Ohio State, and there fans. When they come to Indiana, it seems the only thing they know how to do is spell Ohio.

From Editor @ SEC.COM

Recently, a reader of secsportsfan.com e-mailed me and asked if I knew what was the all-time record of the Big Ten vs. SEC.

I looked through my files and couldn’t find the answer. Then I did a google search and still couldn’t immediately find the answer. Eventually, my search led me to an awesome resource -- stassen.com. You might want to check them out. If you go to stassen.com you will find an outstanding search tool that allows you to figure out almost any kind of head-to-head college football record you want.

So how does the SEC stack up compared to the other major conferences discussed in the SEC Football homepage? Here is the SEC’s winning percentage versus the various conferences since 1920. You will see that the SEC has a winning record vs. the Big Ten as well as against the other major football conferences.

SEC VS.

1. Big Ten -- .531 (68-60-6); Since 1990 -- .58 (29-21).

2. ACC -- .601

3. Big XII -- .557

4. PAC-10 -- .611

Details of Calculation:

Of course the devil is in the details. And, the results are only as good as the data that is fed into the calculator.

There are issues of when do you start counting records when one school joins a conference after the others. For instance, Penn State recently joined the Big Ten to give the conference actually eleven schools (should be the Big 11). And what about if the school once had a very small program that did not resemble its current program? Would you count the wins and losses from back to when it might have only been a club sport?

Stassen.com uses data compiled by James Howell's database at jhowell.net. Mr. Howell uses all data for all schools currently in the conference – BUT only from when they became considered a “major†– i.e. equivalent to today’s NCAA Div. 1. You have to draw lines somewhere and I think Mr. Howell generally draws them in the right places. Certainly it is a credible source of the data you need to get these kinds of head-to-head statistics.

Finally, the database at stassen.com only includes games through 2005. I reviewed the 2006 schedule and found only one SEC game vs. the Big Ten. That was Vanderbilt Commodores football game against Michigan that Michigan won. So, I recalculated the Big Ten numbers to include games through 2006. I did not do that for the other conferences.

I note that we will have three SEC vs. Big 10 match-ups in bowl games this year.

1. Florida v. Ohio State in the National Championship game
2. Arkansas Razorbacks v. Wisconsin in the Capital One Bowl
3. Tennessee Vols v. Penn State in the Outback Bowl

Those three games will be my top choices for bowl season TV viewing. Go SEC!!

UPDATE: Well, Arkansas and Tennessee didn't fare as well as hoped against their Big 10 opponents. But, Florida can more than make up for it with a win tonight. Go Gators!!

* Thanks to Morris Williams as well as “juicetke" and "TheOnlyBe…" from Yahoo Answers, for their help with research for this page.

Big Ten vs. SEC
Big Ten vs. SEC
Big Ten vs. SEC
Big Ten vs. SEC

Big Ten vs. SEC Information
SEC Sports
SEC Football

I wonder what would happen if the Big 10 Champ and SEC Champ played???

Oh wait 41-14 Gators!

Back
Top Bottom