Second Tier QB's | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Second Tier QB's

305finforlife said:
Jacobs would be a reach as far as a first round, bout would be right for the second round (ie Drew Bress 2nd round pic put former 2st round value) I am saying this interms of money spent on a QB that is in the 2nd tier, the only bonafide QB are Young and Linerart, not fully sold on Cutler. We would be having a conversation about Jacobs as a reach if he duplicated his stats from last year, the man was injuried this season and his oline didnt perform well compared to last year. But back thte Draft. I said in another post, trading the pic to denver is a darn good idea. The amount of talent in this years draft in the early rounds is unlimited. We need to draft two QB's in this draft say a Cutler (based on what the masses want) i prefer Jacobs and then a player like a Reggie McNeal TA&M, Micheal Robinson PSU, or DJ Shockley UGA in the later rounds (5-7---pics possible acquired through a trade or conditional). Since we have Mularkey now we need that type or WR/QB (Antwan Randle El, Hines Ward type WR who as a third WR or third Qb would add to our offense.

We are returning back to the Dolphins of old (strong Running game with gazelle running WR) Mix of the 70s and the 80s

Now we just have to wait while saban puts all the pieces together

I think Jacobs will go in the 2nd or 3rd round. He definitely has the tools to work with.

adamprez2003 said:
If we don't get Cutler, I would wait until the 5th to take Meyer or Gradkowski. I think they have more upside than any of the QBs mentioned and the value is much better. Croyle plays scared

I've heard a lot of good things about Meyer, but haven't seen him play. Apparently, he was drafted as a pitcher by the SF Giants and has a very strong arm. I've heard him compared as a cross between Doug Flutie and Bret Favre. I guess he's a little on the short side.

kitt23 said:
if miami doesnt get cutler i say just bring ferrotte back 1 more year at a low rate because i do not like the qb's after leinart,young and cutler.

Unfortunately, that's not how it works...FA starts and is usually for the most part, over by the time of the draft....

SF Dolphin Fan said:
I've heard a lot of good things about Meyer, but haven't seen him play. Apparently, he was drafted as a pitcher by the SF Giants and has a very strong arm. I've heard him compared as a cross between Doug Flutie and Bret Favre. I guess he's a little on the short side.

I havent seen him either. I'm just going on what I read about him. They say he's 6'2". From what I read he's worth a shot in the later rounds. Here's a brief write up o0n him http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/erikmeyer.html

Jaj said:
I have no idea where your writing this from but it's completely off. He's always had a terrible OL and has performed well so how can that be possible. In his Bowl Game he was cool and collected.

The games I watched this year he seemed scared. Maybe its just my perception of his play, but if he's scared of contact, he'll never make it as a pro. The Oline could certainly be the reason for that but I felt it was deeper than that, maybe due to his injuries. I wrote him off but he's still being projected for the 2nd round so obviously more scouts agree with you than me

Back
Top Bottom