Sedrick Irvin Might Move to FB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sedrick Irvin Might Move to FB

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Now this is something I'd like to see. From PFT........

IRVIN MOVING TO FULLBACK?

"Former Lions halfback Sedrick Irvin has gotten new life in Miami -- and he also might get a new position.

According to a league source, the Dolphins might be moving Irvin to fullback, where he'd serve as a backup to Rob Konrad.

The Dolphins apparently are disappointed with the progress of current No. 2 fullback Deon Dyer."

I think this could be a very good thing. The HB position is full to begin with. And Irvin fits more into Norv Tuner's FB mold than Deon Dyer does. More athletic. More of a threat than just a blocking back. I'd like to see this move. It'd really make for good competition with Dyer, Ayenbadejo, and he.

I don't really know him and Ayanbadejo so I can't say anything about them.

I like what Dyer brings, but if Konrad goes down we're in trouble. So it could be a good move.

Femi and Irvin are more in the same mold (as FBs). Both can run. Both athletic. Decent FB size. Not the greatest of blockers (not sure of Irvin). More of a dual threat. Moose Johnston embodies everything Norv wants his FB to be.

5'11" - 226 is not exactly good size for a FB - he's taller and lighter than Ricky :confused: Though he is built more like a FB than JJJ was JJ tried to move him there to salvage/use him

I've got 5'11", 234 from the official site. Not bad size. Sam Gash is only 240. Mike Anderson is 230. You want them to be bigger. But he's decent size.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
I don't really know him and Ayanbadejo so I can't say anything about them.

I like what Dyer brings, but if Konrad goes down we're in trouble. So it could be a good move.

Hard to comment. Like you said, we know and like what Dyer brings. He can block the snot out of people, so if Konrad goes down we lose the receiving ability. But Dyer is still there to block for Ricky. If Irvin can block as well as Dyer make the move, otherwise I would rather have a dominating blocker at FB.

I like Dyer as the backup, too. If Rob is out, we should just go to more 2 TE sets IMO. I guess this gives Irvin the best chance to make the team since Minor, Edwards and Henry are fairly well entrenched for at least 2 roster spots behind Ricky.

Either way, it is purely a salvage move for Irvin and really signals that the guy is a longshot to make the team.

Jerris McPhail to WR...Half a dozen ex QB's trying to make the team at safety...JJJ as a fullback or a 3rd down back...

It'd be a stupid as moving Gadsden to TE.

Originally posted by jaxdolfan
Either way, it is purely a salvage move for Irvin and really signals that the guy is a longshot to make the team.

Jerris McPhail to WR...Half a dozen ex QB's trying to make the team at safety...JJJ as a fullback or a 3rd down back...

It'd be a stupid as moving Gadsden to TE.

That might work, Gadsden to TE...:lol: Then I won't mind resigning him, just not as a starting WR.

I remember Sedrick Irvin.... and Troy Davis from Southridge when I went to school there. Sedrick was in a couple of my classes... hes a good guy. Good football games at that school in those days.

I would rather have Dyer starting. This guy is a beast. if your a LB and you see deon dyer coming at you what the hell are you thinking. "oh my god im gonna get crushed"

Didn't I read somewhere a few weeks ago that Dyer came into the offseason weight program and mini-camps badly over weight? This, along with signing Ayenbedejo, could be a wake-up call to get his act together.

Originally posted by jaxdolfan
I think that is a given for any NFLE player :D

Dyer is overrated. He's not the blocker he's made out to be. He might bring a little more pop to his blocks than Konrad, but Rob doesn't miss blocks and always blocks the right man. He's always in position. Can't say the same for Deon.

Konrad is twice the FB Dyer is.

Originally posted by MIADolFan
I remember Sedrick Irvin.... and Troy Davis from Southridge when I went to school there. Sedrick was in a couple of my classes... hes a good guy. Good football games at that school in those days.

My my, another SouthRidge High Grad. I'm a heck of a lot older than you, but cheers anyway.

I see Troy all the time, not lately though, since he is in Canada.

Back
Top Bottom