Sedrick Irvin Ripping it up in the Euro League... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sedrick Irvin Ripping it up in the Euro League...

fiedler__9

Fin fan from just above the Mason-Dixon
Reaction score
Our RB Sedrick is averaging 4.9 yards per carry in the euro league....thats kind of comforting- knowing if (god forbid) RW goes down for a little, and the depth we have doesnt work he might be able to come in and make an impact....

It also makes Edwards or Minor possibly available as trade bait. I would love to see us get our second pick back next year.

As far as I know, Irvins average is only 4.3 yards per carry. I don't know where you get your optimism from, because he's only #9 RB in the NFLE in total rushing yards (133). The No 1 is Autrey Denson with 456 yards, average 6.2. Irvin is good in receiving though (202 yards from LOS). I watched him play this season and I wasn't too impressed. I doubt that he'll make the team. You don't have to forget that the NFLE's defenses are really crappy compared to the NFL. Btw: Has any NFLE RB ever made a NFL Team, at least as #2 RB? I doubt it.

Originally posted by Germandolfan
As far as I know, Irvins average is only 4.3 yards per carry. I don't know where you get your optimism from, because he's only #9 RB in the NFLE in total rushing yards (133). The No 1 is Autrey Denson with 456 yards, average 6.2. Irvin is good in receiving though (202 yards from LOS). I watched him play this season and I wasn't too impressed. I doubt that he'll make the team. You don't have to forget that the NFLE's defenses are really crappy compared to the NFL. Btw: Has any NFLE RB ever made a NFL Team, at least as #2 RB? I doubt it.

Mike Green is the #2 back for the Tennessee Titans. He was the leading rusher in NFLE two years ago.

Originally posted by KB21

Mike Green is the #2 back for the Tennessee Titans. He was the leading rusher in NFLE two years ago.

Thanx, KB! I just checked his stats for the Titans, he had 142 yards in 2 seasons for them, average 3.9. Not really a big deal!
Being the #1 Back in the NFLE means absolutely nothing compared to the NFL.

Apparently, if Autry Denson is indeed the best back in NFL Eu right now.

Being the #1 WR in NFL Europe might mean somethin, and Robert Baker's really stepped it up over there. He's got like 20 receptions for I think 340 yards, which is nothin new we knew he was doin well yardage and receiving wise but he's also upped his punt return average to 7.8 yards per return and had a bunch of punt returns, and he's reterned I believe 4 kickoffs for a 28.0 yard per return average

Keep an eye on Kendall Newson too, 13 receptions I think for like 200+ yards and two TDs (Baker has none). He's also got I believe a 27.3 yard per return average on way more kickoff returns than Baker's gotten so far.

I wouldn't pay attention to Irvin so much anymore he started off strong but has leveled off...the only thing I would note is obviously he's good at catching the ball which helps in our system. But still, doubt he'll make the team.

If we don't sign another veteran WR (which at this point, I'm hoping we don't) then we could see a heck of a battle shaping up between guys like JR Tolver, Robert Baker, Kendall Newson, Keith Stokes, and Ronald Bellamy over one or maybe two roster spots.

#1. Chris Chambers
#2. Derrius Thompson (my personal fav...sorry, he's probably #3)
#3. James McKnight
#4. ?????
#5. Charlie Rogers
?6? ?????

Will there be a 6th spot reserved for a yungin because Rogers isn't thought of as a true WR? I know Rogers will be considered a WR, because DW said they will work him into some slot packages so he's not being considered a backup RB at this point.

I say forget Germane Crowell and whatever other vets end up out there (provides that like, jimmy smith or someone doesn't end up on the market lol). Sometimes you have to take a chance and clear the way to give an opportunity to young guys if you really want them to pay dividends. And all of the young guys we're talkin about could pay dividends, because they've all got either RFA status or EFA status awaitin their future while in the meantime they could end up surprising us and producing big. Underpaid producers...thats how ya win in the salary cap era.

I see Robert Baker as a possible Donald Driver type guy. I think he and Tolver will possibly make the team.

Sedrick Irvin isn't going to be an every down, every Sunday back in the NFL. With this I fully agree. But could he be an adaquate or better than adaquate third down back with his receiving skills? Perhaps. Right now we are keeping Travis Minor as a change of pace back/third down back and Robert Edwards as a replacement every down back in case of an injury to RW. Could we keep Edwards and either Henry or Irvin instead with Minor getting us an extra first day pick?

On the WR question, the battle for roster spots among WR's/RS's will be one of the most exciting in camp. Rogers, Stokes, Tolliver, Bellamy, Simmons, Baker, and/or Newson, et al., will all be competing for, at best, likely two spots. Hopefully the competition will bring the best out of a couple of them. I also hope we don't see a big let down after one of them wins ala AJ Johnson last year who lost his focus on the job after winning the job.

Well I was not really aware being injured meant losing focu.:confused:

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Being the #1 WR in NFL Europe might mean somethin, and Robert Baker's really stepped it up over there.

I agree. I watched Baker closely, because he plays for my favorite NFLE-team, the Frankfurt Galaxy. He is indeed the go-to-guy of this team. In all the games I saw, he was really good. So far, I only saw one dropped ball that was absolutely catchable and unfortunately one big mistake, where he fumbled the ball after the catch, when he tried to gain more yards. But he's here to learn to avoid those mistakes. In my opinion he could have better stats if the Galaxy would stop to change their Quarterback in every quarter. The Galaxy #2 QB is absolutely horrible und clearly over- and underthrows their receivers.

As for Newson, I think Baker is the better receiver, although Newson may be the better special teamer as a returner. His kickoff returns in the NFLE are amazing.

Well I was not really aware being injured meant losing focu.

Before AJ was injured his returns were well below what he had done in the preseason. He was just rounding into form when the injury happened.

In todays match S. Irvin pretty much sucked. He had 11 carries for 18 yards and 1 reception for 2 yards. No returns. I don't expect him to make our team.
Robert Baker scored his first touchdown today (43 yards).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom