Sending Ricky to Oakland | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sending Ricky to Oakland

I agree, How about we gat Justin Fargas now along with a first round next year, probably a 12 pick

A lot of members here are delusional :roflmao: . If you think any team will cough up a 1st round pick (let alone two 1st rounders:shakeno: ) for RW rights you are extremely ignorant. Maybe a 3rd rd conditional @ best.

yankeehillbilly said:
Nah, thats like cutting off your nose to spite your face. While it may feel good to prevent Ricky from ever playing again, it simply isnt good business. If someone offers reasonable compensation then do the deal. Then when we play his new team, offer the Defensive players a bonus for every tackle behind the line of scrimmage. Maybe even double the bonus if the hit could be heard on tape. Triple bonus if the hit caused a fumble.

Tackles behind the line? Hit heard on tape? Hit causing a fumble?

TO HELL WITH THAT.

Try "hit that leaves him unconscious and drooling." Or how about "tackle that blows out a knee" or "tackle that breaks bone(s)."

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

If we could get ONE first round pick out of him, frickin' TAKE it. Any raider pick is going to be a top ten and quite possibly a top 5 pick.

If he really wanted to be a raider and the raiders wanted him, they would be willing to give up a 1st rd pick easy. more than that, I dont know.

Section126 said:
Hell no......I say don't trade him until the third year of his "retirement" AND sue his *** for the 8 million.

If Oakland wants him...they better part with TWO 1st round picks.

Yup that's the only way to handle this. If they don't go for it the Dolphins will insure they will not have to face RW's in the play-offs for 3-years. If they want him then they need to cough up some serious picks like we did. And none of this conditional stuff.

Oliver...

inFINSible said:
I agree. We should hold his rights until we can't hold them anylonger or until we get what WE want out of him.

The damage is done. Getting nothing else for him, doesn't hurt us any more, so we have the upper hand if he wants to play again.

"What? Only a first round pick? No thanks. Let him rot."

You must be clueless. :D

We agree on this. :eek:

Cannonboy said:
I agree section 126. Stick it to him like he stuck it to us. Then trade him to the celler dwellars of the nfl. whoever that is at the time.
If you really want to stick it to Ricky trade him to next team Wanny will be coaching.(Maybe RB coach with the Raiders?)

if ricky seems sincere about playing next year, i think the raiders would give up a first. i know ricky's salary is off our books now but what type of cap situation would it cause if he unretired and we traded him? if its high, which i think it would be, the trade compensation would have to be worth it.

Section126 said:
Your'e right...I would send him to the worst place possible.......with the worst offensive line, and the worst organization.........

I would attempt to ruin his life....
section 126 im disapointed lets do whats best for the team

I am fine with trading Ricky. One thing is certain is that he has played his last down as a Miami Dolphin & he's let a lot of people down. I'd just trade his rights right now for at least a first rounder & be done with him.

Cannonboy said:
I agree section 126. Stick it to him like he stuck it to us. Then trade him to the celler dwellars of the nfl. whoever that is at the time.
if we did that he would just stay retired.

bye-bye-ricky said:
A lot of members here are delusional :roflmao: . If you think any team will cough up a 1st round pick (let alone two 1st rounders:shakeno: ) for RW rights you are extremely ignorant. Maybe a 3rd rd conditional @ best.

b-b-r, Although I don't always agree with alot of members here, I do, as well you should, respect their opinion. :yell: Calling us "delusional" and "extremely ignorant" will only get a bad reaction. :fire: If you want your opinions respected, remember that it works both ways. Hope your second post, and many more afterwards, shows some integrity. Your first post needs to be forgotten :shakeno:

What you guys have to understand is nothing is going to happen this year or at least till the end of the season! Ricky WILL NOT play anywhere this year so why would any team give up anything for a guy that can't play this year! If he wants to come out of Retirement this year that would be an automatic 4th failure of the substance abuse policy and a minimum one year suspention! Besides they way he changes his mind no team is going to take a chance that he won't change his mind about playing come next year and say no I don't really want to! That is why nothing will happen till next off season and I don't know if any team will give up a first round pick for a 28 year old troubled RB that has sat out a whole year! Specially a guy that hasn't played all year and gets the munchies!!! :goof:
We are just going to have to wait till next year to see how this story turns out!

Back
Top Bottom