Sending Ricky to Oakland | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sending Ricky to Oakland

Section126 said:
I would take a 7th rounder in 3 years as long as we get to screw him right back...In fact I would take nothing as long as we can trade him to the worst hole in the NFL in three years......

and of course sue him for the 8 million.

I agree

I'd let him rot, unless the Raiders give up what we had to give up to get him - two first rounders. Then I could live with it.

trade him for the best offer, sue him. but when game time rolls around, have ALL the defensive players gunnin to injure him.

I say cooler heads need to prevail and if we can get anything for him, let it happen.

NOWHERE in that article is there are REAL Quote. "love it" is in quotation marks and "crazy fans who expect a weirdo." Thats it. So I just think this whole thing is about a bunch of reporters putting a spin on everything.

If the Raiders want him, let him go and get what you can. PLay hardball, but dont go out to screw Ricky just to do it. That is ignorant. His main motivation was not to screw the Phins, so why go out of our way to sue him and throw him to the worst team in the L. Last time I checked the Raiders are right about that now.

It wont happen. Ricky is retired and staying as such!

First of all, get his signing bonus back. That was money if he played out his contract. He didn't, get it back. It would be easier to get it back if he had another NFL job (ie. Raiders) to pay it back. In fact, he would mostly likely working just to pay back his original signing bonus. How funny would that be?
Get at least a first rounder back and be done with him. The Raiders will be horrible again this year and with Norv as a coach it would be a lock to have a top 10 pick.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
I am fine with sending him there so long as we get sufficient compensation.

If their first-round pick next year is in the top 15, I think that plus cash would be sufficient. If it's lower than 15, they'll need to throw in an early-second-day pick.

If any trade inquiry from Oakland doesn't include next year's first round pick, Ricky can stay retired through 2007.
Some of you seem to think we have lots of leverage, Ricky is facing missing all of 2004, if Oakland is the only place he'll play it limits what you can demand. Your lucky if the offer is a first....take it and run

yankeehillbilly said:
Nah, thats like cutting off your nose to spite your face. While it may feel good to prevent Ricky from ever playing again, it simply isnt good business. If someone offers reasonable compensation then do the deal. Then when we play his new team, offer the Defensive players a bonus for every tackle behind the line of scrimmage. Maybe even double the bonus if the hit could be heard on tape. Triple bonus if the hit caused a fumble.
Absolutely, at this point if you love the Dolphins you want what you can get, as of five minutes ago did any of you even think we'd ever see any draft pick compensation?

The Raiders 1st could end up being great, Ricky won't play this year too help them improve.

screw ricky take the #1 plus justin fargus now.if we cant do it now then i say 1st and 3rd round picks next year or dont do it at all make ricky go broke so he cant pay his drug dealer.

I say go after as much as we can get, and if it comes down to just a 1st rounder, take it. The Raiders will be a top 10 draft pick next year IMO.

If it's true that he wants to be a raider, I'd do what every one else wants. Keep him on this team, until his contract is up. Screw it, even if we don't get anything for him.

Why give ricky another chance somewhere else, when he Left this DOLPHIN TEAM hanging?

THE way he screwed us, we need to screw him back.

If he would of just came out, held a press conference, talked to the Organization and especially the Fans, about his problems and why he was retiring. Then maybe we could say he was a man to do that in front of everyone.

The fact that his timing was way off to pull this retirement thing and leave us hanging and wondering, is just unheard of.

Supposedly, he wanted to be free from the NFL's demands and restrictions, if that's true, then why go somewhere else to play football??? I don't get it, does any one else??

Did he not like the Dolphin team???

Well Ricky, us fans want to know, ARE YOU DONE WITH FOOTBALL, OR DID YOU JUST WANT SOME TIME OFF FROM IT?

As I sit here typing this post, I don't hate Ricky. If he decides to return to football and wants to be a raider, then **** him.

In time, we'll all find out what this Ricky dude was all about.

Hey Ricky is this you right here >>>:goof:

We spent 2 1st rd picks on the idiot, we need to get that back or a 1 and a 2 at least. If not then I agree with everyone else....see ya in 3 years Ricky. If he does come back then the defense should get a bonus every time they smash his head up his ***. (ala Buddy Ryan)

You guys are vastly overestimating what the Dolphins could get for Ricky Williams. How many roads are there to get into the NFL? Because Ricky has burned two of the bridges (Saints,Dolphins) in cities where he was viewed as a star. Now someone (Raiders) are going to gleefully hand over a 1st round pick (or more acording to some opinions) for a guy who was replaced by the Saints and quit on the Dolphins? The Dolphins will be lucky to get a 3rd round pick (at most) for a quitter. Why would the Raiders make the same colossal mistake that Miami made? They only have about 72 RBs on their roster right now. And none of them quit on the team on the eve of training camp.

If I remember correctly, this case was alot like Detroit and Barry Sanders.
Even after his contract had expired, the Lions would not release their rights to him. I could be wrong, but if a player retires, the team that has contract rights at the time of retirement, must give them up or trade them before a player can sign with another team. I would take no less than two firsts and a second to give those rights up, and any team that wants his dope smoking a$$ for that can have him. Otherwise, Wayne H. should keep him retired! :D

Keep the price high, make it worth what the fans felt because of his "I'm first, and you don't matter" attitude! :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom