Senior Bowl Favorites | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Senior Bowl Favorites

have only watched the first half and bits of the second, but these players stood out to me and I think would be of good value in the middle rounds:

Mike White - QB Western Kentucky (seemed very poised and was on the money throw after throw, has everything you look for in a developmental guy)

Kalen Ballage - RB Arizona State (would have liked to see more receiving work but blown away by his rushing ability. Very instinctual)

Rashaad Penny - RB San Diego State (needs no explanation if you're familiar w/ him, true rushing talent)

Will Hernandez - OG UTEP (not completely sold on his fit in our system, but after watching I agree w/ all the hype as an overall guard prospect)

Wyatt Teller - OG Virgina Tech (had never watched him play, liked what I saw in the senior bowl. Not sure what his draft status is but I see mid-late round value)

Jeremy Reaves - S/CB South Alabama (special teamer in my eyes w/ the ability to find a role in sub packages. Deon Lacey comparison)

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo - DE Oklahoma (comes off as a Charles Harris clone. I liked Harris as a prospect, wasn't interested in spending #22 on him though. I think Okoronkwo can be had after the first and I think there's value in the third if he's there)

Also liked Jaylen Samuels, noticed there's a thread on him already

Again, I'm not spending a first on any of these guys (not my early second either). Just liked what I saw on the field, I haven't done much homework at all on this draft class besides what I believe is in play at 11 so further insight is welcomed.
Between Hernandez and Wynn one may drop to us.

The Oklahoma edge doesn’t fit our scheme

Ballege I’m not interested in

Don’t see Hernandez as a scheme fit

Penny in the 2nd round is too rich for my blood.

Mike white at 43 also too rich for me

No interest in teller either

If I’m taking a guard at 43 it’s isiah Wynn but doubting he gets there

Davenport 2 point stance player Nwosu not a scheme fit Leonard maybe gets to pick 73 didn’t see much else at lb that would interest me

Andrew brown was jumping the snap count all game long but he showed some real nice one gap quickness. I like the value there but I doubt miamis in that market

I want to look at the reeves kids tape I found him very interesting

The ot group at the senior bowl was largely forgettable. That kappa guy was a joke out there in that much space

I think tyquan Lewis is underrated

Did they try Kappa at guard? I would take a late Rd flyer on him. His strengths project as Guard and weaknesses can be masked there. He isn't a LT.

Did they try Kappa at guard? I would take a late Rd flyer on him. His strengths project as Guard and weaknesses can be masked there. He isn't a LT.

Yeah maybe a late round guard he damn sure isn’t a tackle.

ck, very good post and list. I'm trying to Like and quote stuff but for some reason I'm still having trouble on this site lately. Sometimes I can't even log in.

I'm not sure that's a complete list. I thought I remembered other 5 star guys, like Josh Sweat. Some of the recruiting services had him among the top handful of players in the entire nation.

I thought Mayock and Jeremiah spent too much time on Kappa, mostly because of the success of Marpet a few years ago and they were desperate for another example.

Looked like a battler but not great athletically and overmatched outside. Not an ideal wide body for inside. I can't believe there isn't a major college sleeper somewhere who is preferable.

I am having the same problems as you Awsi. Otherwise I would quote your post. A friend gave me that list but you're right, not quite complete. In fact, he intended it only to reflect the 2014 class. I compiled the rest earlier today. These are all players that appeared either on ESPN's Top 50 or 247's Top 50, with an asterisk awarded if one of the services gave the player a 5-Star rating (hence two asterisks means both services did it):

2015 Class
DT Trenton Thompson, Georgia**
S Derwin James, Florida State**
DE Josh Sweat, Florida State**
CB Kevin Tolliver, LSU**
CB Iman Marshall, USC*
DT Tim Settle, Virginia Tech*
RB Kerryon Johnson, Auburn*
CB Donte Jackson, LSU*
LB Malik Jefferson, Texas A&M*
WR Deon Cain, Clemson*
QB Josh Rosen, UCLA*
WR Calvin Ridley, Alabama*
CB Tarvarus McFadden, Florida State*
OG Maea Teuhema, SE Missouri State
DE Arden Key, LSU
WR Christian Kirk, Texas A&M
RB Ronald Jones, USC
RB Damien Harris, Alabama
DB Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama
LB Roquan Smith, Georgia
DT Da'Ron Payne, Alabama

2014 Class
DE Da'Shawn Hand, Alabama**
S Quin Blanding, Virginia**
DL Andrew Brown, Virginia**
CB Tony Brown, Alabama**
DE Lorenzo Carter, Georgia**
RB Bo Scarborough, Alabama*
QB Kyle Allen, Houston*
LB Rashaan Evans, Alabama*
RB Royce Freeman, Oregon*
RB Nick Chubb, Georgia*
LB Tre' Williams, Auburn*
DE Chad Thomas, Miami*
LB Clifton Garrett, LSU*
DB Ermon Lane, Florida State
LB Jacob Pugh, Florida State
S Damon Webb, Ohio State
CB Arrion Springs, Oregon
RB Sony Michel, Georgia
OL K.C. McDermott, Miami

2013 Class
LB Matthew Thomas, Florida State**
RB Keith Ford, Texas A&M
TE Adam Breneman, UMass

I'd have done the Rivals 5-Star players but they seem to give something like 35 players a 5-Star rating every year. Too many.

Some of my favorite players going into the game were:

QB - Mayfield
RB - Penny, Ito Smith
WR - Gallup, Wilson, Chark
TE - Conklin, Fumagalli
OT - Crosby
OG - Wynn, Hernandez
C - Cole
DE - Davenport
DT - Phillips, Brown
OLB - Okoronkwo, Nwosu
CB - Dawson, Phillips, Stewart, Kelly (played well at S)
S - Jeremy Reaves, Watts, and (to a lesser extent) Blanding

What's the word on Kerryon Johnson.. i only watched two games but was impressed

Problem with Tyquan Lewis is he doesn’t have much outside shoulder win. Looks best as a pass rusher kicked inside

Athlete in space looks pretty average

Without outside shoulder win I’m not really interested in the first 2 days of the draft. As a sub kicked inside I think he has value. As a base de I think he has to dominate tight ends more

He’s more crafty than gifted

Blanding has range and speed limitations that for me are a hard pass.

I’d take his teammate Micah kizer very late on day 3 purely as a between the tackles 2 down thumper. His size at 6 foot and speed athleticism is gonna keep him on the board well into day 3. At least it should. 2 deep 2 down purely tackle to tackle thumper. Have to be though 6th round or later. I will do something else in the 4th

Both the Uva kids have significant range and speed limitations

Last edited:
Blanding has range and speed limitations that for me are a hard pass.

I’d take his teammate Micah kizer very late on day 3 purely as a between the tackles 2 down thumper. His size at 6 foot and speed athleticism is gonna keep him on the board well into day 3. At least it should. 2 deep 2 down purely tackle to tackle thumper. Have to be though 6th round or later. I will do something else in the 4th

Both the Uva kids have significant range and speed limitations

They do, agreed.

Back
Top Bottom