Senior Bowl Practice | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Senior Bowl Practice

daniel3 said:
If Cutler playing like garbage is a deterrent to other teams picking him, why will Miami be any different? Also hasn't Cutler's ranking so far been largely dependant on him having a good senior bowl and combine appearance?

sure, but hopefully he'll drop back to the second round where he actually belongs. That way we could still get a promising QB and a proven playmaker like Michael Huff.

Boy Cutler would have to really really suck at the Senior Bowl and Combine to drop back into round 2 I think. I do find that a lot of this talk about him going #9 or something is predicated on a good Senior Bowl, and I'm not sure we should pencil that in. He'll show off his talents, and he will most definitely look good at the Combine, but at the Senior Bowl he won't absorb an NFL playbook that quickly to where he just dominates.

ckparrothead said:
but at the Senior Bowl he won't absorb an NFL playbook that quickly to where he just dominates.

No way of knowing that til it happens, Rivers did it, its not impossible.

Ideally we need another QB like Brodie Croyle or Charlie Whitehurst to steal the spotlight. If Cutler looks bad that might not be a good thing, but if he looks ok and one of the other QBs shines he could get overlooked a bit. I really do think Croyle will impress too.

ckparrothead said:
ESPN also has one-hour segments for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday...FYI

What are the times that ESPN will be televising it? What time is the one and a half hour segment on tommorrow?

caneaddict said:
What are the times that ESPN will be televising it? What time is the one and a half hour segment on tommorrow?
tues, wed, and thurs, ESPN will air it at 2:30.

SpeedRush99 said:
No way of knowing that til it happens, Rivers did it, its not impossible.

This is where I see a difference between a Phil Rivers, who was short on talent and really really long on intangibles, intelligence, and experience...vs. Cutler who is long on talent and shorter on the other things.

The ESPN coverage specials are on 2:30pm on Tues-Thurs...I don't know of any special on tomorrow.

sports24/7 said:
tues, wed, and thurs, ESPN will air it at 2:30.

ckparrothead said:
The ESPN coverage specials are on 2:30pm on Tues-Thurs...I don't know of any special on tomorrow.

Thanks guys. The special tommorrow I was referring to is the one SMadison mentioned. Not sure the time?

SMadison29 said:
Tomorrow's is a one & a half hours.

ckparrothead said:
Boy Cutler would have to really really suck at the Senior Bowl and Combine to drop back into round 2 I think. I do find that a lot of this talk about him going #9 or something is predicated on a good Senior Bowl, and I'm not sure we should pencil that in. He'll show off his talents, and he will most definitely look good at the Combine, but at the Senior Bowl he won't absorb an NFL playbook that quickly to where he just dominates.

It all evens out IMO. Sure, he won't be digesting an entire NFL playbook that he's familiar with, but the defense he's playing would have had less time together and less thime with their playbooks. Either way, I don't really care quite frankly. I'm not a Cutler fan but I know Nick will do what's best for the team. I'm just along for the ride. I do enjoy the draft immensely but I know Nick will make the right decision.

Awesome, got the DVR all set for all of them plus the game.

If Cutler makes a good combine, I would hope for Croyle having an amazing combine and entering into the 1st round QB's prospects mix. I'm afraid of cutler being picked before us and Croyle early 2nd

HysterikiLL said:
It all evens out IMO. Sure, he won't be digesting an entire NFL playbook that he's familiar with, but the defense he's playing would have had less time together and less thime with their playbooks. Either way, I don't really care quite frankly. I'm not a Cutler fan but I know Nick will do what's best for the team. I'm just along for the ride. I do enjoy the draft immensely but I know Nick will make the right decision.

I think historically speaking, you won't find many quarterbacks who went out and dominated the way Phil Rivers did in the game. Reggie McNeal just turned in a similar performance at the Shrine Game, but he had the advantage of working in the same exact offense he played in at Texas A&M, since the TAMU coaching staff coached the West team.

sports24/7 said:
Ideally we need another QB like Brodie Croyle or Charlie Whitehurst to steal the spotlight. If Cutler looks bad that might not be a good thing, but if he looks ok and one of the other QBs shines he could get overlooked a bit. I really do think Croyle will impress too.

Don't forget Michael Robinson....will play also along with Cutler.

fishypete said:
Don't forget Michael Robinson....will play also along with Cutler.
Michael Robinson is being projected as a RB though. I think there is a better chance of Croyle, Whitehurst, or Hackney stealing the show at QB, but you never know.

Does anyone know if it is possible to watch today's practice, or any of the NFL network stuff without actually having the NFL network? I remember last year they were streaming the combine. Does anyone know if they are doing anything like that or is anyone going to post the video of today's practice? I would love to see it but don't have NFL network.

Back
Top Bottom