Senior Bowl Week | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Senior Bowl Week

xXwarXx

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Who are you guys looking forward to seeing, and who do you think could rise and fall?

A name I'm expecting a major jump from is Owamagbe Odighizuwa. I don't know if he will make the kind of jump Aaron Donald did last year, but I def think he could position himself in the top 15.

And yeah, I'd consider him just because I think he's too good to pass up, and no one has ever had regret for drafting a good pass rusher.

Interested to see how Zach Hodges and Vince Mayle do on the North squad.

Dezmin Lewis, Kevin Johnson, D'Joun Smith, Ramik Wilson, Jamil Douglas and Joey Mbu from the South squad.

Who are you guys looking forward to seeing, and who do you think could rise and fall?

A name I'm expecting a major jump from is Owamagbe Odighizuwa. I don't know if he will make the kind of jump Aaron Donald did last year, but I def think he could position himself in the top 15.

And yeah, I'd consider him just because I think he's too good to pass up, and no one has ever had regret for drafting a good pass rusher.

I've been watching a lot of him over the past week and there's a lot of him to like. The stats don't do justice to how disruptive he is. But there's no way in hell he should be a top 20 pick in my view. He has a lot of trouble locating the ball, so much of that incisive power of his goes to waste. Maybe he can develop better vision and targeting of the ball, but for me that keeps him out of the first round. From the bottom half of the second, I start getting interested.

I've been watching a lot of him over the past week and there's a lot of him to like. The stats don't do justice to how disruptive he is. But there's no way in hell he should be a top 20 pick in my view. He has a lot of trouble locating the ball, so much of that incisive power of his goes to waste. Maybe he can develop better vision and targeting of the ball, but for me that keeps him out of the first round. From the bottom half of the second, I start getting interested.

I completely agree About his locating the ball problems. He def gets lost at times, but even on those plays, physically, He still dominates.

I can't knock a guy out of the 1st rnd for that when he's disruptive as often as he is. Kid is one of the stronger guys at his size I've seen in awhile, I don't think he's touched his ceiling yet either.

He reminds me of a shorter version of Ansah, if he was Ansah's height he Would already be a top 15 prospect who would find his way in the top 10 by draft time.

A good senior bowl showing should lock him into the top 20 IMO, coaches and scouts will go nuts when they see his physicality up close, the same way they did with Donald last year.

Can't say I see the connection with Donald. Donald had outstanding production and clear talent. Scouts just needed to see he wasn't too small for the NFL. Once they saw him up close, the doubts evaporated and he shot up the draft.

Owa doesn't have the production, but has the physique. He has DE/DT flexibility- I'd play him more as a 3-4 DE or a 3-tech in a 4-3. I can't see a jump at the Bowl because it'll only confirm what we already know about him- he's a beast. But his issue finding the ball is where he falls down.

Can't say I see the connection with Donald. Donald had outstanding production and clear talent. Scouts just needed to see he wasn't too small for the NFL. Once they saw him up close, the doubts evaporated and he shot up the draft.

Owa doesn't have the production, but has the physique. He has DE/DT flexibility- I'd play him more as a 3-4 DE or a 3-tech in a 4-3. I can't see a jump at the Bowl because it'll only confirm what we already know about him- he's a beast. But his issue finding the ball is where he falls down.

Any team interested in him will Be looking for a edge pass rusher, finding the ball as a rookie won't be there biggest concern. Being physical enough to disrupt off he edge will, that's what he does.

My comparison to Donald, was that he went from being a known player considered a bit undersized who would be drafted in the 1st rnd to shooting up the boards as one if the best pass rushers, and most physically dominating pass rushers in the draft, and basically a lock for the top 10. How he made it out of top 5 I have no idea.

Of all positions, being raw as a pass rusher is easily the best position to be raw, as far as draft goes. Teams will ignore a pass rushers faults if they impress physically.

Dion Jordan being the perfect example. Dumervil is consistently rated the worst run stopper in the NFL, yet you won't find a team that doesn't Want him.

Really want to check out both White's as they faced each other and really need to get a feel for just how much of an impact KW the WR would have for us. Also my new favorite who i think would thrive in our offense and that is Tyler Lockett. I think the kid is a baller. Ty Montgomery.

Keeping a close eye on big need at DT in Shelton, Bennett, and Gabe Wright because I think drafting a stud DT early can really solve alot of our problems.

Kendricks, Hayes Pullard, and Jake Ryan ( who I think I saw was in East West Shrine)

Kevin Johnson at Cb. This guy intrigues me. Alot of second-third rounders who intrigue me. Thinking Hickey trades down some more this year.

A RB that will be participating in the senior bowl that is really growing on me is David Johnson. 6'3, 225 lbs. In his interviews seems like a real nice kid, and he has some of the best hands I've ever seen from a running back. Lazor could do some real Fun stuff with this kids size and catching ability for sure.

And throwing to rbs is something we def like to do, and IMO probably want to do more.

Def one of the top 5 prospects I'll be paying attention to.

Can't stress how good he is at catching out of the backfield, so dangerous, so much you can do with him to make defenses stress the **** out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWF6trBB9yg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited by a moderator:
You're not going to see that kind of jump from the Senior Bowl. You might from the combine. That's where Donald cemented himself as the best DT prospect. Everyone already knew that he could beat up college OG's and C's. When he showed that he was a rare athlete, people said, 'OK, this guy belongs in the top 15.' I had him in the top 10.

Unfortunately I heard that Kevin Johnson has dropped out of the senior bowl...so has Brett Hundley.

per usual looks like a lot of guys dropped out...hope you like 2nd tier talents

A RB that will be participating in the senior bowl that is really growing on me is David Johnson. 6'3, 225 lbs. In his interviews seems like a real nice kid, and he has some of the best hands I've ever seen from a running back. Lazor could do some real Fun stuff with this kids size and catching ability for sure.

And throwing to rbs is something we def like to do, and IMO probably want to do more.

Def one of the top 5 prospects I'll be paying attention to.

Can't stress how good he is at catching out of the backfield, so dangerous, so much you can do with him to make defenses stress the **** out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWF6trBB9yg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Just finished watching him, he's a fit here, but a day 3, more round 5 sort of guy. He would fit what we need, but as a runner he really doesn't get me excited and he's not as physical an inside runner with his height and upright running style. He's a great pass catcher though, best in the draft at the RB position, he looks like a receiver more than a RB out there. Just wish he had a little more power in his game, because if he did he'd be the perfect compliment to Miller.

Back
Top Bottom