Senior Bowl Week | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Senior Bowl Week

they are talking up danny shelton as being haloti ngata going in...that's some high praise...couple things of interest to me...if not ngata he needs to be dontari poe like level...poe is 6 ft 4 346 32 inch arms did 44 reps on the bench and ran the 40 sub 5 seconds...basically a dancing bear

ngata was 6 ft 4 338 lbs ran the 40 in 5.13 and did 37 reps of 225 10 yard at 1.73 clip

top 15 pick needs to be this kind of level athlete...we already know he's 3 inches or more shorter

i want to see a stick of dynamite this week and an unblockable player in reps...it's not like there's gonna be much high end competition

they are talking up danny shelton as being haloti ngata going in...that's some high praise...couple things of interest to me...if not ngata he needs to be dontari poe like level...poe is 6 ft 4 346 32 inch arms did 44 reps on the bench and ran the 40 sub 5 seconds...basically a dancing bear

ngata was 6 ft 4 338 lbs ran the 40 in 5.13 and did 37 reps of 225 10 yard at 1.73 clip

top 15 pick needs to be this kind of level athlete...we already know he's 3 inches or more shorter

i want to see a stick of dynamite this week and an unblockable player in reps...it's not like there's gonna be much high end competition

Daniel Jeremiah has him top 10 right now.

Daniel Jeremiah has him top 10 right now.

i meant top 15 as in in play for our top pick...if he goes in front of us well so be it...i just want to figure out should he be a true consideration...the height is a knock for me as it's listed...i'm bullish on measurables at certain positions

Just finished watching him, he's a fit here, but a day 3, more round 5 sort of guy. He would fit what we need, but as a runner he really doesn't get me excited and he's not as physical an inside runner with his height and upright running style. He's a great pass catcher though, best in the draft at the RB position, he looks like a receiver more than a RB out there. Just wish he had a little more power in his game, because if he did he'd be the perfect compliment to Miller.

Agreed, you really have to want to use him in the passing game if you draft him. As a runner he's probably not going to develop much more. But he brings a unique set of skills that gives an offense a ton of options. There's so much you can do with him. Kind of like a bigger Vereen.

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline · 19m 19 minutes ago
North wearing shorts at Senior Bowl practice today.

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline · 14m 14 minutes ago
New York Jets spent a significant amount of time with Phillip Dorsett/WR/Miami after weigh ins.
Not happy about that. He would destroy us in the slot even with Geno Smith throwing him the ball.

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline · 10m 10 minutes ago
Nate Orchard/Utah showing good pass rush out of a 3pt stance. Lined up over right tackle.

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline · 9m 9 minutes ago
Like Bryce Petty's attention to detail. Natural looking off DB and does it on every pass during drills.

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline · 2m 2 minutes ago
Ameer Abdullah/RB/Nebraska is fast even going half speed. Impressive burst in person.

James Walker @JamesWalkerNFL · 31m 31 minutes ago
The North team takes the practice field at the #SeniorBowl in Mobile, Ala.
B70B45uCAAAU7LM-1.jpg:large

James Walker @JamesWalkerNFL · 27m 27 minutes ago
Washington State WR Vince Mayle made a nice sideline grab right in front of me. I used my nimble feet to get out the way. #SeniorBowl

James Walker @JamesWalkerNFL · 26m 26 minutes ago
Two interesting QB prospects to watch on the North team: Baylor's Bryce Petty and Oregon State's Sean Mannion. #Dolphins need a backup QB.
Sean Mannion is awful.

James Walker @JamesWalkerNFL · 17m 17 minutes ago
The North team warming up. #SeniorBowl
B70FoedIYAAwHz7-1.jpg:large

James Walker @JamesWalkerNFL · 10m 10 minutes ago
I'm getting my first glimpse of Washington DT Danny Shelton in person. He is a mountain of a man. #SeniorBowl

James Walker @JamesWalkerNFL · 1m 1 minute ago
For those wondering, four #Hurricanes are on the South team and practicing later today. The North team is practicing right now. #SeniorBowl

James Walker @JamesWalkerNFL · 10s 11 seconds ago
Oregon State QB Sean Mannion has made a few nice throws early in practice. Good size, appears to have a solid arm. I'm intrigued.
Every QB looks good when there's no pass rush. He may be 6'5" but with his side arm delivery he might as well be 6'2"

James Walker @JamesWalkerNFL · now 28 seconds ago
I may have to go back and look at QB Sean Mannion's tape. I don't recall watching any Oregon State games last year.

Bryan Perez @FirstRoundGrade · 3h 3 hours ago
Most impressive player at the weigh-ins was Varga, the Yale running back. Let's see what happens when the pads go on.

Bryan Perez @FirstRoundGrade · 1h 1 hour ago
Just got to Ladd Peebles Stadium and waiting under the hot sun for the North practice to start. About 30 minutes away.

Receivers getting some instruction. Vince Mayle, Washington St. looks the part.

Danny Shelton trots onto the field. Can't miss that guy. Absolute monster. #SeniorBowl

Ali Marpet, OT from little know Hobart, working as center. #SeniorBowl

Ty Montgomery fielding punts from the jugs machine. Silky smooth. #SeniorBowl

Bryan Perez @FirstRoundGrade · 51m 51 minutes ago
Kikaha lining up at OLB. #SeniorBowl

Bryan Perez @FirstRoundGrade · 44m 44 minutes ago
Hard to see anyone winning vs Shelton this week. Giving o-line fits already. #SeniorBowl

Bryan Perez @FirstRoundGrade · 42m 42 minutes ago
Henry Anderson #Stanford winning the hands battle vs Clemmings. Strong guy. Keeping himself clean. #SeniorBowl

Bryan Perez @FirstRoundGrade · 27m 27 minutes ago
These warmups sound more like a military drill. Intense coach. #SeniorBowl

Bryan Perez @FirstRoundGrade · 20m 20 minutes ago
Montgomery with 3 drops in a row in receiver drills. #SeniorBowl
Not high on him.

Bryan Perez @FirstRoundGrade · 7m 7 minutes ago
Doran Grant #OhioSt has stood out in the corner group so far. Got a "Perfect!" compliment from coaches. #SeniorBowl

Bryan Perez @FirstRoundGrade · 5m 5 minutes ago
Jamil Douglas, meet Danny Shelton. Wow. Not fair. #SeniorBowl

Just a heads up/reminder, NFL Network will be showing the North's practice at 3:30 pm est.

Luke Easterling @LukeEasterling · 52m 52 minutes ago
Carden w/a fumbled shotgun snap early in team drills. @seniorbowl

Luke Easterling @LukeEasterling · 36m 36 minutes ago
I expect USC CB Josh Shaw to make some money this week. Needs to win the interviews. His on-field ability will speak for itself. #SeniorBowl

Luke Easterling @LukeEasterling · 12m 12 minutes ago
Ty Montgomery & Justin Hardy struggling a bit in drills. Drops for Montgomery, balance/technique for Hardy. #SeniorBowl

Luke Easterling @LukeEasterling · 10m 10 minutes ago
Like what I see from Oregon State CB Steven Nelson so far. Tightly-built, quick movements/feet. #SeniorBowl

Luke Easterling @LukeEasterling · 10m 10 minutes ago
Love the way Michigan State WR Tony Lippett attacks the ball. Very aggressive. #SeniorBowl
Can't remember who was high on Lippett...might have been Finthirteen.

Luke Easterling @LukeEasterling · 7m 7 minutes ago
ECU QB Shane Carden continues to look unimpressive. #SeniorBowl
Bad, bad QB class.

Luke Easterling @LukeEasterling · 7m 7 minutes ago
Miami (OH) CB Quentin Rollins showing his physicality, hanging tough with Wazzu WR Vince Mayle in 1-on-1 press/release drills. #SeniorBowl

Luke Easterling @LukeEasterling · 5m 5 minutes ago
USC LB Hayes Pullard looking solid in coverage drills so far. Worth keeping an eye on, #Bucs fans. #SeniorBowl

Luke Easterling @LukeEasterling · 3m 3 minutes ago
Kikaha showing great upper-body strength. Holding POA vs. TEs, keeps winning the battle. #SeniorBowl

now that rollins kid is interesting...take a hard look at that this week...i like physical dbs who look fluid

James Walker @JamesWalkerNFL · now 27 seconds ago
#Nebraska RB Ameer Abdullah fumbled during a 7-on-7 drill. He loses points for that one with scouts. #SeniorBowl

Joel Klatt ‏@joelklatt · 5m5 minutes ago
During 1 on 1 drills Mannion delivering some beautiful throws #SeniorBowl @OSUBeaversFB

Joel Klatt ‏@joelklatt · 2m2 minutes ago
So far Jeremy Langford from @MSU_Football is the most impressive running back for the North squad #SeniorBowl

Sanjay Kirpalani
‏@SanjayKirpalani Antwan Goodley beats Kurtis Drummond off the line #seniorbowl
Can't post the video but it's out there.

Dan Hope ‏@Dan_Hope · 3m3 minutes ago
#Duke WR Jamison Crowder standing out so far. Explosive acceleration off the line and quick, clean route breaks. #SeniorBowl

Kate Windus ‏@KateWindus · 15m15 minutes ago
“@Joe_Fann: Danny Shelton in the house. @UWAthletics #SeniorBowl ”ask him to dance. He's got some moves!
B7z8uSiCcAAG928-1.jpg
That's a big dude.

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL · 3m3 minutes ago
#Dolphins assistant GM Eric Stokes is here watching #SeniorBowl practices today.

Matt LaPan ‏@Matt_LaPan · 2m2 minutes ago
2 ultra competitive guys #DestinationDraft RT @FBallGameplan: #ECU WR Justin Hardy vs #USC CBJosh Shaw is a damn good battle #SeniorBowl

James Holloway ‏@Jam_HollBU · 2m2 minutes ago
Well that's just not right. MT“@SanjayKirpalani: Petty to Michigan St. RB Jeremy Langford. #seniorbowl https://vine.co/v/OI7L6QWTYa9
If you can get a look at that vid it was a nice route by Langford.

Matt Stagner ‏@stagdsp · 2m2 minutes ago
"@FBallGameplan: #ECU WR Justin Hardy vs #USC CBJosh Shaw is a damn good battle #SeniorBowl" #Chiefs 2nd & 4th round picks?

#LindysSports ‏@Lindyssportsmag · 2m2 minutes ago
WR @sammiecoates11 stands out @seniorbowl ... Be sure to check out @dpbrugler 's news & notes ... http://lindyssports.com/column/auburn-wr-coates-stands-tall-at-senior-bowl/286357 … #SeniorBowl #Auburn
Some of the tweets are so biased...lol...haven't seen Sammie Coates mentioned once but an Auburn fan tweets he's standing out. South isn't even practicing yet...apparently the tweet is about him measuring 6'1 3/8" tall at 213 lbs with 33 1/2" arms.

Knox Bardeen ‏@knoxbardeen · 2m2 minutes ago
#Kentucky DE Za'Darius Smith just blew past the LT in his first rep in pass-rushing drills. Looked very quick. #SeniorBowl
Smith seems to be making the most of these post season practices and games.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

thick what did he measure out at height wise???

6'1 3/4" 341 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom