serious mock draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

serious mock draft

Dolfan4life34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
clear.gif

Can He Be a 1st Rounder?I DEFINATLY THINK SO
1- Antonio Cromartie- hes a big phsical corner who will come up and hit u in the mouth who can also run with most recievers because of his great spped if he wasnt hurt hed be a top five pick this year and still may go before us but if hes there at this pick we have a young stud in our secondary for ears to come.

2-Taitusi Latui- huge gaurd who is an excellent run blocker and would help create the lanes for ronnie to run through in the future great pick if hes avalable only other person at this pick would be Manny Lawsonn but he will go at the top of the second rd

3-Pat Watkins- not only in this draft do we add a young corner for the future but we bring the teamates to miami and have them start together in the future. He needs one year to bulk some weight on to his 6'4 frame but he is a ballhawk and could com e in and possibly start at free safety moving schulters to ss.

4- Drew Olsen- has decent size 6'3" and 225 lbswas rated in the top five this year in qb rating completed 65% of his passes through for 36 tds and 6 ints some call him a choker but this guy cant be a late find but the future starter for this team for years to come

4(for madison only if we trade him dont rip me for this)- i feel someone out there is going to be willing to throw us a fourth or even a fifth for madison and with this pick i would like to take Brandon Marshall big reciever fast in and out of cuts but doesnt have great speed could be a good posession reciever for us if we dont get this pick o well no marshall lol.

7-Javon Nanton/Pierre Woods- dont know much about Nanton know he is a good 3-4 linbacker played at the U a good player who sabans staff can make a player. Woods had a disapointing year was supposed to be a stud and had the problem were he couldnt break the lineup. I feel he is going to be a solid NFL player.

7-BPA
7-BPA

Dont bash me too hard but let me no what you think, this will change after I watch the combine.

I really like Cromartie, but I dont think he will be the best player for this team available at the 16th pick. I would love to get him in the 2nd but I dont think he will be available

Seems average to me. I expect more after last year's draft.

4(for madison only if we trade him dont rip me for this)- i feel someone out there is going to be willing to throw us a fourth or even a fifth for madison and with this pick i would like to take Brandon Marshall big reciever fast in and out of cuts but doesnt have great speed could be a good posession reciever for us if we dont get this pick o well no marshall lol.

he is a 2nd to 1st rounder he wont be there in the 4th

Finsfan79 said:

he is a 2nd to 1st rounder he wont be there in the 4th

Unless he has a GREAT combine I don't see him going higher than the 3rd round.

SpeedRush99 said:
Seems average to me. I expect more after last year's draft.

i know but we dont have alot of picks this year because the 5 is used on manny wright and the 6 for lemon so but we have 3 7's

I like the idea of drafting Cromartie and Watkins. Imagine a physical 6-3 corner and a ballhawk 6-4 safety! That would be a great way to start the rebuilding of the secondary. I also would like to see Miami get a 4th or 5th for Madison.

SF Dolphin Fan said:
I like the idea of drafting Cromartie and Watkins. Imagine a physical 6-3 corner and a ballhawk 6-4 safety! That would be a great way to start the rebuilding of the secondary. I also would like to see Miami get a 4th or 5th for Madison.

they both are very high on one another two they are friends since highschool the played togeth l;ook at this

spacer-2.gif

spacer-2.gif

[FONT=arial, verdana]
oasiconprint-1.gif
Printer-Friendly Format
spacer-2.gif

oasiconemail-1.gif
E-mail this article
[/FONT]

17273-1.jpeg

Pat Watkins is one of the top defensive backs in the nation.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif]Football Home[/FONT]
spacer-2.gif

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]HEADLINES[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif][SIZE=-2]Seminole Productions Wins Golden Matrix Award
Former FSU Linebacker Going for Canine Championship Tonight Ron Dugans Hired As Graduate Assistant Football Coach [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]RELATED LINKS[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif][SIZE=-2]• Follow all of the college football action at CollegeSports.com
• Email this to a friend
[/SIZE][/FONT]
spacer-2.gif

Covering Territory In The Defensive Backfield

Watkins is one of the best defensive backs in the college football.
Sept. 12, 2005
Standing 6-4 at his free safety position, senior Pat Watkins is the first player opposing quarterbacks take notice of before the snap of the ball.
There is good reason for that as the Tallahassee native entered the 2005 season second among ACC players in career interceptions with seven. Watkins is one of a long line of local high school players who chose to continue his football career in Tallahassee and has gone on to become one of the best players in college football.
Watkins considered moving on to the professional ranks after a junior season in which he started all 12 games, recorded four interceptions, totaled 56 tackles and earned ACC honorable mention honors.
There was still too much left on the table for him to leave his hometown just yet.
"I decided to return for my senior season because I didn't feel like I was ready and there were some things that I wanted to improve on," Watkins said. "Most importantly, I wanted another chance to win a national championship with this class I came in with. Besides doing what I can do to help us reach our team goals, it would mean a lot to become an All-American. But to do that, I know we have to have success as a team first."
If Watkins can continue to add to his career interception total and anchor one of the best defenses in the country, those goals are well within reach. He was rated as the No. 6 free safety in the nation by The Sporting News entering the season, along with being named preseason All-ACC.
"Pat has really done a good job for us," head coach Bobby Bowden said. "We haven't had many safeties like him with that kind of size and range. I don't care how high you can jump for the ball, he can go higher. He's the kind of player that can make an impression in every ball game."
Aside from his outstanding play through his first three seasons at FSU, Watkins also has been one of the most reliable Seminoles on the roster. He has played in 37 consecutive games with 14 straight starts coming into today's game against The Citadel.

spacer-2.gif

The competition on the field goes further than just the scoreboard for Watkins.
He and fellow Lincoln High School graduate Antonio Cromartie have enjoyed a friendly battle for the interception lead over the years. Last year, the two Tallahassee natives tied for the team lead and ranked second in the ACC with four picks each. Watkins will look to increase his interception lead and put it out of reach when Cromartie is able to return to the field next year.
"There's always a special bond between guys that played at the same high school or college and we've done both," Watkins said. "I feel like I can always turn to Antonio in any situation. We have a good time with the interception thing. Hopefully, I can add a few more picks this year and make it really difficult for him to catch me. I'm going to set the bar high because I expect him to have a big year when he gets back. I'd love to have bragging rights on that."
If Watkins can put some distance between himself and Cromartie, he'll easily crack the top 10 on FSU's all-time list. Though they have fun with the interception battle, there is a great deal of respect between the two.
The duo helped lead Lincoln to the Class 4A state championship in 2001. "He's the best safety in college football in my opinion," said Cromartie. "I can honestly say there is nobody in the country that covers as much ground as Pat Watkins. I'll miss having him back there next year. He better get about 10 interceptions this year if he thinks he'll top me."

I love the way Nanton rushes the passer, he would be a great pick for us with one of our 7 rounders.

Dolfan4life34 said:
they both are very high on one another two they are friends since highschool the played togeth l;ook at this

http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/fsu/graphics/spacer.gif
http://graphics.fansonly.com/graphics/spacer.gif

[FONT=arial, verdana]http://graphics.fansonly.com/graphics/oas-icon-print.gif Printer-Friendly Format
http://graphics.fansonly.com/graphics/oas-icon-email.gif
E-mail this article
[/FONT]

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/fsu/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/17273.jpeg

Pat Watkins is one of the top defensive backs in the nation.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif]Football Home[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]HEADLINES[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif][SIZE=-2]Seminole Productions Wins Golden Matrix Award
Former FSU Linebacker Going for Canine Championship Tonight Ron Dugans Hired As Graduate Assistant Football Coach [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]RELATED LINKS[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif][SIZE=-2]• Follow all of the college football action at CollegeSports.com
• Email this to a friend
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Covering Territory In The Defensive Backfield

Watkins is one of the best defensive backs in the college football.
Sept. 12, 2005
Standing 6-4 at his free safety position, senior Pat Watkins is the first player opposing quarterbacks take notice of before the snap of the ball.
There is good reason for that as the Tallahassee native entered the 2005 season second among ACC players in career interceptions with seven. Watkins is one of a long line of local high school players who chose to continue his football career in Tallahassee and has gone on to become one of the best players in college football.
Watkins considered moving on to the professional ranks after a junior season in which he started all 12 games, recorded four interceptions, totaled 56 tackles and earned ACC honorable mention honors.
There was still too much left on the table for him to leave his hometown just yet.
"I decided to return for my senior season because I didn't feel like I was ready and there were some things that I wanted to improve on," Watkins said. "Most importantly, I wanted another chance to win a national championship with this class I came in with. Besides doing what I can do to help us reach our team goals, it would mean a lot to become an All-American. But to do that, I know we have to have success as a team first."
If Watkins can continue to add to his career interception total and anchor one of the best defenses in the country, those goals are well within reach. He was rated as the No. 6 free safety in the nation by The Sporting News entering the season, along with being named preseason All-ACC.
"Pat has really done a good job for us," head coach Bobby Bowden said. "We haven't had many safeties like him with that kind of size and range. I don't care how high you can jump for the ball, he can go higher. He's the kind of player that can make an impression in every ball game."
Aside from his outstanding play through his first three seasons at FSU, Watkins also has been one of the most reliable Seminoles on the roster. He has played in 37 consecutive games with 14 straight starts coming into today's game against The Citadel.

[URL="http://graphics.fansonly.com/ads/default/engine_default.gif"]http://graphics.fansonly.com/ads/default/engine_default.gif[/URL]

The competition on the field goes further than just the scoreboard for Watkins.
He and fellow Lincoln High School graduate Antonio Cromartie have enjoyed a friendly battle for the interception lead over the years. Last year, the two Tallahassee natives tied for the team lead and ranked second in the ACC with four picks each. Watkins will look to increase his interception lead and put it out of reach when Cromartie is able to return to the field next year.
"There's always a special bond between guys that played at the same high school or college and we've done both," Watkins said. "I feel like I can always turn to Antonio in any situation. We have a good time with the interception thing. Hopefully, I can add a few more picks this year and make it really difficult for him to catch me. I'm going to set the bar high because I expect him to have a big year when he gets back. I'd love to have bragging rights on that."
If Watkins can put some distance between himself and Cromartie, he'll easily crack the top 10 on FSU's all-time list. Though they have fun with the interception battle, there is a great deal of respect between the two.
The duo helped lead Lincoln to the Class 4A state championship in 2001. "He's the best safety in college football in my opinion," said Cromartie. "I can honestly say there is nobody in the country that covers as much ground as Pat Watkins. I'll miss having him back there next year. He better get about 10 interceptions this year if he thinks he'll top me."

Good stuff. Thanks for that. Can you imagine how incredible the defense could be if somehow Miami got Lawson, Cromartie and Watkins? I could see that as a possibility if the Dolphins were able to get say a 2nd for Ricky. Then they could draft Lawson in the first, trade up for Cromartie and snag Watkins.

Cromartie at the 16th pick is a little too high at this point. No one has seen him play since December of last year. He's got some proving to do before i see him as a first rounder.

how does watkins tackle and hit? i want a sure tackler and hitter in our S position

PhinFan0202 said:
Cromartie at the 16th pick is a little too high at this point. No one has seen him play since December of last year. He's got some proving to do before i see him as a first rounder.

Thats true boy would I love to get that guy in the 2nd if we dont go CB in the 1st

this guy was the top defensive back in college football be4 he was hurt he is def a reach right now at 16 but wait til the combine tho ifhe is anywere close to what he said he would do he has a chance to be off the board by the time we pick

Back
Top Bottom