SERVER UPDATE: Glitches | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SERVER UPDATE: Glitches

I couldn't get on at all yesterday. The funny thing is I had just started a thread about how I will know when the trade goes through because Finheaven will crash and then poof....

Does anyone know of any backup sites for the annual draft day crash?
I would like to say that a lot of the issues we're having will be cleared up so that you won't have to look for an alternative.

No one is taking this more seriously than the staff of finheaven and the hosting company, we're not happy about the downtime anymore than the rest of finheaven.

Early reports are that someone let Rex into the server ... he heard that there were "cookies" and well, he's eating everything in sight.

I would be pissed if I were a VIP member.

Not a knock to the Admins and everyone involved with troubleshooting this issue.

But the offseason consists of a lot of boring material and ridiculous post that I usually just comb through on the daily.

And when the 2 major events, probably the only real events during this offseason Finheaven was not available to it's members. I get that it is the traffic volume causing issues, but it's like when you actually have something important to discuss (1. Dansby deal - 2. Marshall trade) poop hits the fan.

At least we have another week of nonsense until the next episode.

I don't wan't to jinx anything - but things have been smooth the past hour or so.

Kudos to someone out there!

I would be pissed if I were a VIP member.

Not a knock to the Admins and everyone involved with troubleshooting this issue.

But the offseason consists of a lot of boring material and ridiculous post that I usually just comb through on the daily.

And when the 2 major events, probably the only real events during this offseason Finheaven was not available to it's members. I get that it is the traffic volume causing issues, but it's like when you actually have something important to discuss (1. Dansby deal - 2. Marshall trade) poop hits the fan.

At least we have another week of nonsense until the next episode.
vip covers a PORTION of the the monthly cost. The owner himself has invested THOUSANDs of dollars into the move. You think he isn't pissed about the process of getting this sorted out?

I don't wan't to jinx anything - but things have been smooth the past hour or so.

Kudos to someone out there!
technically we're on our 3 server in less than 2 weeks... They are testing out the "normal" traffic to see just what finheaven goes through on a normal day. we are also in the process of getting ready to migrate to VB 4.0 (we're currently at 3.7.0 which is about 2+ years old) so who knows what new delights 4.0 might bring, hopefully its more compatable with a lot of the features we'd like to add than 3.7.

Well, I'm new around here...but you guys need to do something, because the site will probably go down on Draft day.

its been the same around here for many years. big trade, big game, draft , big free agent signing, firing, hiring. you can count on a finheaven crash. always the same answers too. we are working on servers. lets just face the truth, dolphin nation is one of the largest and loyal fan bases there is in the nfl. its the masses of finfans that would probably crash any site. lol. hopefully one day it will be fixed.

its been the same around here for many years. big trade, big game, draft , big free agent signing, firing, hiring. you can count on a finheaven crash. always the same answers too. we are working on servers. lets just face the truth, dolphin nation is one of the largest and loyal fan bases there is in the nfl. its the masses of finfans that would probably crash any site. lol. hopefully one day it will be fixed.
I like your thinking. which is why we're working instead of offering the same tired excuses and reasons every time the server goes down. :hi5:

It's amazing how much people will complain about services that are presented to them lovingly and without cost.

I think everyone recognizes there have been recent and historical problems with the site going down, but I accept that the owners and admins care about making this site the best it can be and will do everything they can to achieve that goal, even if it takes a while.

I for one appreciate the effort and think everyone should who isn't a VIP should store their issues in a box marked "Grow Up."

Good work guys! Glad it's all back on track. I stopped putting depth into my posts because everytime I made a long post, the server would crash and I would have to retype the whole thing :lol:

Let me be shed some light on this for you guys. I own the site. I am now thousands of dollars into this move that I am doing because love this place and want the best for it and for you. Digest this fact:

Less than 1% of the people who come here contribute anything. Ironically they are usually the first to complain. LOL! VIP doesn't even pay for a third of what the site costs. The ads cover a large portion, and I cover all shortfalls investments and technogy improvements personally at a loss.

When you are a "live" business opeating 24/7 all you can do is pick the best possible time to make changes and do improvements. We picked the offseason to target this move so we would be ready for the draft. I believe we will not go down on draft. I can't promise but with the investment I just made we shouldn't go down. If we do...then I will invest more and increase our capacities even furher. The "teaser" in all of this is that I have concepted a couple of ideas that will make FinHeaven the most unique and personalized fan experience of any sport and any site. It is going be trend setting and I am so excited to bring it. We have to incorporate it as best as possible when we think will be the best time. Unfortunatey the team doesn't check with us before making moves to see if it is best for us.

I hope everyone understands all of this. If you are frustrated I get it. If you want to be part of the solution? Help? Then donate! join VIP or just make a donation. We aren't ESPN here I am a regular guy like you and if this fan base would get behind the effort of this site with even $5 each then we could really do amazing things. Until then I will do the best I can on the budget I have and in the best way possible for the site. I truly believe as painful as this was...you guys will be blown away before season opens when you see the future of Finheaven.

Thanks for your patience...and our support.

If anyone has any qestions PM me. I would really like to get the focus back in the team. That is what we do best.

-Matt
Owner
Finheaven.com

It's amazing how much people will complain about services that are presented to them lovingly and without cost.

I think everyone recognizes there have been recent and historical problems with the site going down, but I accept that the owners and admins care about making this site the best it can be and will do everything they can to achieve that goal, even if it takes a while.

I for one appreciate the effort and think everyone should who isn't a VIP should store their issues in a box marked "Grow Up."

vip covers a PORTION of the the monthly cost. The owner himself has invested THOUSANDs of dollars into the move. You think he isn't pissed about the process of getting this sorted out?

From my post do you think that is what I am saying? That the owner is happy about this? What kind of question is that?

I think this is the right place to voice our opinions as members.

When some of want this site up and working the most it disappoints.

Just because the owner spends thousands of dollars because HE CHOOSES TO and to take on the responsibility does not mean we can't speak about it OR get pissed.

Throwing in the fact that he spends thousands of dollars means nothing here. I think a majority of us on here respect what the admins and owner/s do for the community of fin fans. That is an odd way to try and downplay our/my dissatisfaction.

Let me be shed some light on this for you guys. I own the site. I am now thousands of dollars into this move that I am doing because love this place and want the best for it and for you. Digest this fact:

Less than 1% of the people who come here contribute anything. Ironically they are usually the first to complain. LOL! VIP doesn't even pay for a third of what the site costs. The ads cover a large portion, and I cover all shortfalls investments and technogy improvements personally at a loss.

When you are a "live" business opeating 24/7 all you can do is pick the best possible time to make changes and do improvements. We picked the offseason to target this move so we would be ready for the draft. I believe we will not go down on draft. I can't promise but with the investment I just made we shouldn't go down. If we do...then I will invest more and increase our capacities even furher. The "teaser" in all of this is that I have concepted a couple of ideas that will make FinHeaven the most unique and personalized fan experience of any sport and any site. It is going be trend setting and I am so excited to bring it. We have to incorporate it as best as possible when we think will be the best time. Unfortunatey the team doesn't check with us before making moves to see if it is best for us.

I hope everyone understands all of this. If you are frustrated I get it. If you want to be part of the solution? Help? Then donate! join VIP or just make a donation. We aren't ESPN here I am a regular guy like you and if this fan base would get behind the effort of this site with even $5 each then we could really do amazing things. Until then I will do the best I can on the budget I have and in the best way possible for the site. I truly believe as painful as this was...you guys will be blown away before season opens when you see the future of Finheaven.

If anyone has any qestions PM me. I would really like to get the focus back in the team. That is what we do best.

-Matt
Owner
Finheaven.com

I respect everything your doing.

I am all for donating money to help out but when we voice our opinions and just because we have not made contributions we are treated as though we have no say.

If that is the case why not make it a forum where donations are mandatory?

I would be all for that.

-Matt
Owner
Finheaven.com

Good stuff fin-atic, I think I just peed a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom