SERVER UPDATE: Glitches | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SERVER UPDATE: Glitches

I respect everything your doing.

I am all for donating money to help out but when we voice our opinions and just because we have not made contributions we are treated as though we have no say.

If that is the case why not make it a forum where donations are mandatory?

I would be all for that.
I don't think that was said, nore has this staff treated or allowed their to be a scisim (sp?) between the vip and the non-vip. Are you treated different? if by different you mean you have to put up with ads then yes you are treated a bit different.

First off, great site and thank you for everything you are all doing. I completely agree with the notion that we should be happy to even have a website that we can all visit and enjoy our team together.

Not sure if this is the right thread but I just wanted to mention that the date is showing 4/16 rather than 4/15. I don't know if that may be a server issue or an issue with my computer but just thought I'd bring it to your attention.

First off, great site and thank you for everything you are all doing. I completely agree with the notion that we should be happy to even have a website that we can all visit and enjoy our team together.

Not sure if this is the right thread but I just wanted to mention that the date is showing 4/16 rather than 4/15. I don't know if that may be a server issue or an issue with my computer but just thought I'd bring it to your attention.
thank you for the kind words! and thank you for the heads up, the date/time is definately on the list, if nothing else its a real annoyance. :thanks:

I don't think that was said, nore has this staff treated or allowed their to be a scisim (sp?) between the vip and the non-vip. Are you treated different? if by different you mean you have to put up with ads then yes you are treated a bit different.

I'm trying to talk about this and your wise comments are not necessary.

Some of you posters crack me up. If a friend or family member invites you over to their house and say offers to cook you a meal and they're having problems with their "stove" and your meal isn't cooked the way you wanted it, do you complain? I mean, you could of course. It is your right. But why? Talk about ungrateful and uncool. Our "host" is having problems with his "stove" but he's doing everything in his power and his pockets to fix it so everybody here can have a great meal. Thanks to anyone and everyone who have stepped up to help out and brought over a "dish" (donation). But if you don't have the means or the desire to do so, at least be grateful. The glitches haven't tasted very good as of late but thanks to Matt, we are pretty close to having everybody sit at the captains table.

Maybe if some of you guys with the large post counts would shell out 18 bucks to be VIP's they could afford to fix the issues. Havent you gotten 18 bucks worth of enjoyment out of this site? You gotta give a little to get a little in this world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of you posters crack me up. If a friend or family member invites you over to their house and say offers to cook you a meal and they're having problems with their "stove" and your meal isn't cooked the way you wanted it, do you complain? I mean, you could of course. It is your right. But why? Talk about ungrateful and uncool. Our "host" is having problems with his "stove" but he's doing everything in his power and his pockets to fix it so everybody here can have a great meal. Thanks to anyone and everyone who have stepped up to help out and brought over a "dish" (donation). But if you don't have the means or the desire to do so, at least be grateful. The glitches haven't tasted very good as of late but thanks to Matt, we are pretty close to having everybody sit at the captains table.

Comparisons to food or situations involving food always speak to me.

I respect everything your doing.

I am all for donating money to help out but when we voice our opinions and just because we have not made contributions we are treated as though we have no say.

If that is the case why not make it a forum where donations are mandatory?

I would be all for that.

You're absolutely right that all members who frequent the site regularly are as equally entitled to have their frustrations and opinions heard and taken to heart.

However, if someone derives timely knowledge and enjoyment from this community, why would they wait for contributions to be "mandatory" before they'd consider supporting the site?

Personally, I don't know what I'd do without FH as it's also therapy for me while engaged in a mentally taxing "job." It was easy to justify paying about 70cents/week ..10/cents/day (that's at 36/yr although I believe it's been reduced), which IMO is a very small price to pay for exposure to like-minded fans, a diversity of opinions, timely news and camaraderie. Unless finances are tight, I can't think of any reason not to support this site if you enjoy being on it regularly.

mjwydf-1.jpg

sounds like someone is "cooking" some beef stokinoff tonight?

Why not make it manadatory to join VIP when you hit a certain number of posts?
Say 500? If you spend enough time to get to 500 posts on a site - imagine how many you have read and not replied to... If you're that invested in time here - just spend a couple bucks and help these guys out. In the end, it will create a better site for all of us to be a part of.
I can't see that working. First Finheaven is a site for all fans, not just fans who pay. I'm not saying Matt wouldnt' enjoy the added support, but from top to bottom (owner to admin, to mods, to vip to regular posters) finheaven is and always will be about donations, not demands.

I feel very honored with how the membership has supported us through the move and the various changes over the years, I couldn't ask for a better result in the face of adversity than the way you guys have shown your support, both verbally (well written but you know what I mean...:)) and even those of you who have deemed finheaven worthy of your hard earned dollars.

We will get this site straightened out. No excuses. :up:

Maybe if some of you guys with the large post counts would shell out 18 bucks to be VIP's they could afford to fix the issues. Havent you gotten 18 bucks worth of enjoyment out of this site? You gotta give a little to get a little in this world.

I totally agree man, thanks guys for all your efforts.

Why not make it manadatory to join VIP when you hit a certain number of posts?
Say 500? If you spend enough time to get to 500 posts on a site - imagine how many you have read and not replied to... If you're that invested in time here - just spend a couple bucks and help these guys out. In the end, it will create a better site for all of us to be a part of.

I couldn't get on at all yesterday. The funny thing is I had just started a thread about how I will know when the trade goes through because Finheaven will crash and then poof....

Does anyone know of any backup sites for the annual draft day crash?
Bro Keep the faith and your support here. Things will get better. Rest assured they are working very hard to make the site better and try eliminate the possibility for crashes. As an ex-staff member I can tell you honestly it is not a joy on anyone's part. Keep up the fight and may you get all the wrinkles worked out Brothers!:hi5:

I would be pissed if I were a VIP member.

Not a knock to the Admins and everyone involved with troubleshooting this issue.

But the offseason consists of a lot of boring material and ridiculous post that I usually just comb through on the daily.

And when the 2 major events, probably the only real events during this offseason Finheaven was not available to it's members. I get that it is the traffic volume causing issues, but it's like when you actually have something important to discuss (1. Dansby deal - 2. Marshall trade) poop hits the fan.

At least we have another week of nonsense until the next episode.
It is easy to throw another log on the fire, but it is a little more challenging to support and stick by the staff and your fellow brothers when things get a little rough.

Back
Top Bottom