Settle in Boys, Settle In... | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Settle in Boys, Settle In...

Your only factoring in cap hit for said season and not ACV and guarantees including signing bonuses which get pro-rated and pushed into future years.

A cap hit does not tell the entire story, it's merely a chapter, when you guarantee a Watson $230M and a Jackson $185M it is going to prevent your roster from being as deep top to bottom and limit your ability to guarantee money elsewhere hence limit your ability to acquire additional top-end talent.

I know you spent plenty of time researching that, sorry it's incomplete data.

Lastly you know what it proves?

Unless you are a Brady, Manning or Mahomes....literally the GOAT...you won't win ****.

Tua ain't a GOAT bro...

So…let me get this right. Unless we Miami magically acquires Mahomes or brings back Brady or Manning and magically de-ages them, nothing matters anyway.

I am genuinely surprised the Dolphins haven’t just said “EPBro has spoken, let’s fold up the team and quit.”

Last edited:
Not cherry picking whatsoever. The original post said teams don't win Superbowls with QBs on the high end for contracts. I looked at the last 10 Superbowl winners and guess what, almost every single QB including Brady was on the high end of QB salaries.

We aren't arguing if Brady was top paid or if every super bowl winner has the highest paid QB. I'm proving the point that teams absolutely do win super bowls with QBs on high end of contracts. In fact, more often than not.
OK.
You win.

I really liked this post, right up until the last sentence.
Why end it with a whine?

Still the part that says "I wish we could do what KC has done and actually draft good corners, use them for 4 years and trade them for a mountain of picks." is really what we should strive for at every position, unless a position is in the top 5 or 10 in the NFL. Then we can keep them as long as their play remains great, and their salary doesn't hurt us in maintaining a well-balanced and effective team.
Ray we should have these corners but Igbo and Smith are Busts. Maybe Smith isn't but as of today, he's a bust, he hasn't done anything.

Clearly you don't know a damn thing, Brady took less his entire career in NE to field a more competitive and complete roster.

Took less his entire career? That's not even close to painting a picture of reality. I've had this discussion with my buddies up here in Boston too many times.

Obviously, he was on a dirt cheap salary for the first 3 years of his career being on an entry level contract.

His next contract he signed a 4 year deal('02-'06) which made him 8th highest paid QB in the league and put him right in line with Manning. Brady ($7.4 avg. salary) Manning ($7.7 million avg. salary). Top cap hit in the league in 2006.

Next contract he moves into the top paid QBs ('07-'10) Top 5 cap hit every year with the exception of year 1 of the extension. Top QB cap hit all of NFL in 2010.

Next contract ('11-'14) He received what was tied for the richest contract in NFL history with Peyton Manning. ($18 million avg. salary)

It's not until 2013 that he started taking team friendly deals. 2013 he signs a restructure/extension. He was 5th in 2013, but from 2014 until he 2019 when he leave NE, he falls out of the Top 10 in QB cap hits.

He definitely gave them roster flexibility his last 5 years, and he was always open to restructures.

The Patriots let plenty of players walk due to cap space during Brady's tenure. The media and fans around here would have meltdowns every time a great player was allowed to leave in FA. It's comical looking back at it now and seeing how they remained consistent SB contender. Seymour, Mankins, Samuel, Jones. Just a few names off the top of my head that created panic.

Took less his entire career? That's not even close to painting a picture of reality. I've had this discussion with my buddies up here in Boston too many times.

Obviously, he was on a dirt cheap salary for the first 3 years of his career being on an entry level contract.

His next contract he signed a 4 year deal('02-'06) which made him 8th highest paid QB in the league and put him right in line with Manning. Brady ($7.4 avg. salary) Manning ($7.7 million avg. salary). Top cap hit in the league in 2006.

Next contract he moves into the top paid QBs ('07-'10) Top 5 cap hit every year with the exception of year 1 of the extension. Top QB cap hit all of NFL in 2010.

Next contract ('11-'14) He received what was tied for the richest contract in NFL history with Peyton Manning. ($18 million avg. salary)

It's not until 2013 that he started taking team friendly deals. 2013 he signs a restructure/extension. He was 5th in 2013, but from 2014 until he 2019 when he leave NE, he falls out of the Top 10 in QB cap hits.

He definitely gave them roster flexibility his last 5 years, and he was always open to restructures.

The Patriots let plenty of players walk due to cap space during Brady's tenure. The media and fans around here would have meltdowns every time a great player was allowed to leave in FA. It's comical looking back at it now and seeing how they remained consistent SB contender. Seymour, Mankins, Samuel, Jones. Just a few names off the top of my head that created panic.
You are completely wrong.

You are completely wrong.
No, I'm not. Luckily there is a well documented history on all this. Plus you know, I lived through the media circus every time. While that was a quickly thrown together post it's numbers I've looked over before and feel confident I was accurate in posting them. Feel free to cross reference on the many different cap sites. My favorites are below:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tampa-bay-buccaneers/tom-brady-4619/ - Also has transaction details in regards to restructures posted along the right side
https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/2013 - Can use this to easily and quickly sort cap hit and cash spent.
https://www.nbcsportsboston.com/nfl...dys-patriots-contracts-over-the-years/190695/ - Nice article by NBC Boston that broke down some of his contract details and disputes through his career here.

Is this the part where I say : HAHA I TOLD YOU! BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME CHUMP!?

In all seriousness Bro, what is going on with you?

You're coming off like this pompous douche in multiple threads lately and I've always enjoyed your post in the past. You keep aggressively going after other posters and then you follow it up with some stupid childish remark. "Got punked" "Boom roasted" "you don't hold a candlestick to me" That **** is beyond cringe worthy and lacks the maturity I would hope to see from someone a decade younger than us.

Disagreeing and having heated debates is one thing, I've done that plenty of times. Your new found method of acting like a dick and then patting yourself on the back while treating your fellow fans like trash is a bunch of bullshit though.

You tried telling someone that you're 10x the fan that they are. Why? Because life has provided you more access and opportunity to consume the NFL product? The person working 6 days a week doing 80+ hours who is so busy that they're lucky to have a few hours just to watch the games may be just as much as a fan as you are.

Purchasing items and attending events doesn't make you a good or better fan. Being loyal to your team and supporting them through thick & thin in which ever ways you can makes you a good fan IMO.

I still can't belive Chubb got hurt down 40 in garbage time.

We need two starting edge rushers, a starting DT, a starter mike backer, a starter CB, a starter S, and an entire interior O-line.

Yeah, everything is fine...
Most likely Miami will have a net loss in talent entering 2024. For a more positive spin, Buffalo has to unload some talent too.

Also, you never know in the draft. Maybe the Dolphins draft a difference maker. Say Bowers gets to 21, which I've seen more frequently in recent mocks. Pairing him with Hill and Waddle would almost be unfair for defenses.

All is not lost, but the Dolphins may take a step backwards on talent. Can they make up for that with coaching, young players emerging, better injury luck etc?

So…let me get this right. Unless we Miami magically acquires Mahomes or brings back Brady or Manning and magically de-ages them, nothing matters anyway.

I am genuinely surprised the Dolphins haven’t just said “EPBro has spoken, let’s fold up the team and quit.”

Does the "EP" in "EPBro" stand for "Electronic Parole"?

Could that be a legal term for someone who should be in prison for misusing electronics?

That would explain a lot. - LOL

Ray we should have these corners but Igbo and Smith are Busts. Maybe Smith isn't but as of today, he's a bust, he hasn't done anything.

I wonder how much of that is how they were used?

Were they a good fit in Fangio's defense?
Will they be a good fit in Weaver's defense?
Are we going to draft any corner's or get some in FA? If we do, how well will they turn out to be?

The sky's the limit, but the Pitts' seem to be a level we sometimes end up in.

Not going apocalyptic yet. Grier hasn't me given me much to be optimistic about. But I'm willing to wait this out and see where the team ends up in a year or two. I hate to see Wilkins go. Hopefully some good comes from this.

Semantics baby...

You tried to manipulate the data and got punked...

Dueces.
Lol. C'mon man. It's not semantics if I'm directly responding to what you said and clearly disproving it.

Look, if you don't believe in Tua that's fine. If you don't think he's worth the contract that's also fine. Just don't get all pissy when you make a throw away statement and get called on it then proven wrong.

Furthermore, punked? What is this, 90s MTV? I'm I grown man - I don't get "punked" at this stage of my life.

Luckily I think we're both over this conversation and can move on.

😂 😂 😂 punked and 90s MTV 😂 😂

You guys made me laugh so hard I love you guys man just remember we are all fans of the same team it's all good bros 👍

Back
Top Bottom