Shannon Sharpe needs to... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shannon Sharpe needs to...

DPhinz_DPhinz

I cash reality checks....
☠️ Banned ☠️
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Spend about 5-10 minutes reminding Bayless about humanity and humility.

I see what Skip I'd saying. When I read it, I was hoping to come across ANYTHING that clean the insensitivity up...and he saved it for the end.

I see the back lash for this tweet. I get it but Skip seems like he’s thinking out loud. I believe it’s unprecedented to stop a game. This game does have ramifications which do seem irrelevant right now. The right decision is to stop the game. But do you reschedule, do you start it completely over or do you begin with the current score/time? I think this is what skip was referring to.

Skip is going to come on the show tomorrow and act like be didn’t do anything wrong. The worsr part about allnof this is the tweet is still up.

I hate Skip Bayless, but I think people are misinterpreting what he said and blowing it out of proportion.

The guy even said that the game is irrelevant compared to the life of the player.

Maybe it is the internet and inability to convey emotions through text, or just reading comprehension...I dunno.

Then again, maybe it is just me...

This is why you don’t tweet, or if you do give it a few hours and read your tweet a few times before you send it.

I mean it’s a fair comment when you consider a meeting between 2 playoff teams looking at the #1 seed on a Monday night. How do you even go about restarting a game? How do you finish a game with wide spread implications to say KC, before Thursday when week 18 starts? I feel like he saved it at the end.

It really wasn't all that controversial. Didn't really do anything wrong. I do agree though, unless you're putting out the usual "in lock-step" responses like "sending prayers, in my/our thoughts, etc." then you're better off doing nothing at all. I do find it telling that so many of the sports people I read in real time are not saying JACK through this. Maybe we're all learning that any personal thoughts one has can easily be misinterpreted so better to avoid a shytstorm and do nothing.

Back
Top Bottom