SHAQ TO MIAMI: IT's OFFICIAL! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SHAQ TO MIAMI: IT's OFFICIAL!

minus said:
2-3 years

Wright will be a force!
Okay, dumb question here...

Who's Wright? :hmmm:

I'm only a casual basketball fan, so I don't know all the names.

Wright was the HEat's number 1 pick right out of HIgh school.

They interviewd Riley last night about it, and he just smiled, and said no comment. He's up to something.

Did anybody else notcie the dude on Sportcenter was trying to find a reason why this trade won't go through?(salaries match up fine)

I know it says Odom/Grant/1st round picks but I've also heard Grant/Jones/Butler/picks, and the most unlikely(but the best for us) Grant/Jones/2 future1sts/Zhi ZHi/Allen

Wright is the high school kid we drafted in the 1st this year. Tall, skinny kid, lots of skills.

A&O said:
Three teams in the mix for the Shaq are the Heat, Pacers and Mavericks.

Which of the three has the best chance?

Last season all we needed was that big man in the middle. To learn that we may get the biggest bad as* on the block rocks! I bet you that if Shaq becomes a Heater that Riley will change hats and be our coach again.

If this deal happens, we will dominate the East and go deep into the playoffs- if not the Finals! Yeeessssssss!!!!!!

_

It seems the Lakers are looking for a star to be included in the deal. Among the three teams, the only star that I've heard offerred is Odom. (reportedly, Dallas won't incude Nowitski and Ind. won't include Oneal) If that's true then Miami has the best chance b/c they are offerring the best player.

If Riley wants to keep Odom (the other offers reported above) then it may come down to Ind. and Miami (if LA is set on getting Shaq out of the West). Currently, I understand that Ind. isn't on Shaq's list. With the right to opt out that may eliminate Ind. I don't know. Maybe Miami is the only option?

I haven't heard what Ind. is offerring. Anyone know?

Wright was the HEat's number 1 pick right out of HIgh school.

They interviewd Riley last night about it, and he just smiled, and said no comment. He's up to something.

Did anybody else notcie the dude on Sportcenter was trying to find a reason why this trade won't go through?(salaries match up fine)

I know it says Odom/Grant/1st round picks but I've also heard Grant/Jones/Butler/picks, and the most unlikely(but the best for us) Grant/Jones/2 future1sts/Zhi ZHi/Allen

Wright is the high school kid we drafted in the 1st this year. Tall, skinny kid, lots of skills.

Thanks guys. :up:

This trade would definitely make the Heat one of the teams to beat in the east. I hate to lose Odom cause he was one of those players that can dominate during stretches in games. If the trade does happen, I hope we dont give up too much talent and picks. IMO, if wright continues to improve he could possibly be like the next T-mac as some analysts have been saying. AND with wade and wright being the next t-mac that would be a lethal backcourt.

link to Dorell Wrights Bio:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft/d04/tracker/player?playerId=18614&id=18614

Give us some of your projections as to what the starting lineup could look like after a trade for Shaq.

I'm talking about different scenarios....where we keep Odom, lose Odom, keep/lose Butler, Jones, Grant etc. :)

i'm a laker fan and a big shaq fan. i hope this is the deal that happens if one has to happen. i'm furious with the lakers for disrespecting shaq the way they have. how do you let kobe call all the shots when he could possibly do time (let alone leave as a free agent)? you can replace a kobe bryant; you can't replace shaquille o'neal. i know kobe's younger, but with t-mac available??? buss has a screw loose. and he's about to turn a pissed off shaq on the league. may as well win a couple in miami...

I have a question about this Wright kid. Is he projected to be at the 1 or 2? We already have Wade, so why would we draft another shooting guard?

Muck said:
I agree, I'd rather trade Butler. Maybe because I've never seen him while he was playing well. But Odom is just so dynamic. I'd love to keep him and possibly move him back to the 3. Ah, just wishful thinking.

Sucks that we're gonna lose Rafer Alston though.

I'd rather trade Caron too, but that has no chance of happening. :(

The thing for me is, to X out the deal:
1.) You can't have Dwyane Wade
2.) You can't have Caron packaged WITH Odom

and in the mean time:
shaqmiami-1.jpg

:tongue:

rafael said:
I think Wright is expected to be a 2 or 3.

Wright will be a shooting guard who will also play some point, and occasionally step over to the 3. Dorell is going to play this year, believe me. He won't play that much, but maybe 15mpg. He MUST bulk up, but the kid is determined.

I can really picture Wade & Dorell in the backcourt in a year or two.

In 2-years when Shaq(who will be 34) comes off the books, we get $29m to spend, which means we can sign ANY free agent out there. I think either(or both) Carmelo and LeBron are free agents that year(didn't they sign 3-year deals, so they can get big contracts sooner than later?). We can sign TWO of the top free agents that year, AND EJ's $13m comes off the books the next year.

Can you imagine going into free agency one year with $29m, getting 2 studs, and then having about $15m to burn the next year? Somewhere in there we'll have to pay Wade & Caron though.

Back
Top Bottom