Shawn Andrews says "Dolphins are very interested". | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shawn Andrews says "Dolphins are very interested".

Noodle Arm

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I know I know...another Andrews thread sorry.:( Article basically says that Andrews had a "really good meeting" with the Phins earlier this month and that the team seems "very interested" in him...especially o-line coach Tony Wise. Andrews states he would like to play for the Fins and he lists the Dolphins as his favorite team growing up...that last part kind of surprised me not sure why.

Link: Shawn Andrews story

Well, the stories are just gonna keep on coming in the next 48 hours. I'm as confused as anyone else but I don't think that Andrews is our guy and I've said this many times.I just wish Wilfork could slice down to us.

Ozzy rules!!

I wouldn't put too much into that. Chances are, the Dolphins have shown interest...but quite possibly(IMO likely), Andrews is making a bigger deal out of what was said & is adding twists to raise his own stock.

"I'm not sure where I'll go," said Andrews, who lists the Dolphins as his favorite team growing up.

:up:

I agree Danny...I'm just as confused as you are, not sure what to think of this guy. Luckily we're not GM's so we don't have to worry about it :D

ZOD said:
"I'm not sure where I'll go," said Andrews, who lists the Dolphins as his favorite team growing up.

:up:

So did Mantana Soss, who listed Miami as one of the more interested teams & I know Miami was his favorite team growing up(don't know if that was ever in the media). Hey, just by coincidence... Tana went 10 spots ahead of us. :D

To be honest, Boomer and I got this news a week ago from Andrews' agent (Rich Moran). In addition, Shawn said the Dolphins were his most enjoyable visit. Moran also said that Shawn had very good and very constructive meetings with Tony Wise. And that when Shawn got to the airport, he called Moran to say that he had had "a good, good trip" and that he "would be very comfortable playing for the Dolphins", who had shown "a lot of interest in him being their first round pick".

I'm still curious about this "head case" stuff and just what exactly it's about.

ChambersOwnz84 said:
So did Mantana Soss, who listed Miami as one of the more interested teams & I know Miami was his favorite team growing up(don't know if that was ever in the media). Hey, just by coincidence... Tana went 10 spots ahead of us. :D

We also tried trading up for Moss. Will we do the same for Andrews (or anyone else)??

Seems like every year we think, "there no way we can trade up". And every year, we seem to do it (or attempt to) in one round or another. So if/when we trade up.....or hear in the days following how Miami attempted to make a big play to move up.....maybe we won't be quite as shocked. :)

Even if Andrews is drafted by another team and turns out to be a major bust...I'll still give him a thumbs up just for being a Phin fan. :up: :D

I will predict that he will get drafted sometime on Saturday :)

:foundout:

Look at all these rumors in front of me everyday. I just need some time, some time to get away......from all these rumors, can't take it no more! :cpatch:

Muck said:
We also tried trading up for Moss. Will we do the same for Andrews (or anyone else)??

Yup, I was told that Miami tried moving up for him from my "personal source", :D . We offered the same as the Jets, but they obviously had higher picks.

As for Andrews, Drew has been suggesting a trade up for the last 2-3 weeks, for whatever that's worth.

Muck said:
Seems like every year we think, "there no way we can trade up". And every year, we seem to do it (or attempt to) in one round or another. So if/when we trade up.....or hear in the days following how Miami attempted to make a big play to move up.....maybe we won't be quite as shocked. :)

I don't think I've ever heard (out of reporters) of so many teams wishing to trade down. Maybe the opportunity is out there but unless it involves a player that we do not wish to keep I don't want to see a "trade up". We need our draft picks.

Dont think we'll trade up, inly because the other teams that are interested in Andrews are drafting in the top 10 - and we dont have the firepower to move up there.

I don't think we'll trade up, and what's more, I don't think we SHOULD trade up. We'd more or less have to give up our whole draft, or the vast majority, to get up to 10 (BTW, I seriously doubt Houston's taking him, for whatever it's worth). As much as I love Andrews, we do have to look for some depth in this draft. Plus, there's at least some chance he'll drop to 20. As I've said a few times before, probably 1 in 3.

I will be wearing my U of Arkansas hat with my Ricky jersey, in humble appeal to the football gods.

Surferosa said:
Dont think we'll trade up, inly because the other teams that are interested in Andrews are drafting in the top 10 - and we dont have the firepower to move up there.

Ill be so ticked if the Vikings select Andrews at # 19

Back
Top Bottom