Shawn Andrews says "Dolphins are very interested". | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shawn Andrews says "Dolphins are very interested".

I dont think Cleveland, JAX, Pitt or Houston will take Andrews as long as they stay at their current spots. However, if one of them elects to move down to 15-18, I think it becomes more more viable for them to take Andrews.

I think there's a very good chance that Andrews will make it to 20. He has a LOT of negative red flags.

Here's the way I look at it: Andrews is an appealing fallback option for a lot of teams, but I don't think he's the first option for anyone before us:

I don't think Cleveland's taking him. In fact, I think Cleveland will end up making a move for Gallery. In any event, they need a LT, not an RT. If they can't move up for Gallery, they probably take DeAngelo Hall, or either Winslow or Taylor, on the chance that one of them slips.

J-Ville could take him. We need to hope that Udeze is on the board when they pick, because they probably won't pass on him. Roy Williams is another guy they'd almost certainly take, but he figures to be gone.

I'm not worried about Houston. How did they get in this, anyway? Their OL is in decent shape, their defense needs help, though.

We need to hope that Rivers or Roethlisberger is on the board for the Steelers. If both QBs are gone, there's a good chance they take Andrews.

The Vikings are the other team I'm concerned about. We need to hope one of the defensive studs falls some. Will Smith or Dunta Robinson would be almost impossible for them to pass up.

phunwin said:
Here's the way I look at it: Andrews is an appealing fallback option for a lot of teams, but I don't think he's the first option for anyone before us:

I don't think Cleveland's taking him. In fact, I think Cleveland will end up making a move for Gallery. In any event, they need a LT, not an RT. If they can't move up for Gallery, they probably take DeAngelo Hall, or either Winslow or Taylor, on the chance that one of them slips.

J-Ville could take him. We need to hope that Udeze is on the board when they pick, because they probably won't pass on him. Roy Williams is another guy they'd almost certainly take, but he figures to be gone.

I'm not worried about Houston. How did they get in this, anyway? Their OL is in decent shape, their defense needs help, though.

We need to hope that Rivers or Roethlisberger is on the board for the Steelers. If both QBs are gone, there's a good chance they take Andrews.

The Vikings are the other team I'm concerned about. We need to hope one of the defensive studs falls some. Will Smith or Dunta Robinson would be almost impossible for them to pass up.

Good post. Id add that the Steelers would also likely take a DB such as Hall or Robinson before selecting Andrews.

As for JAX, they may be scared by Udeze's shoulder problem, which could force them to look at Andrews. In that case, we need to hope that Roy Williams is available, or that they are high on another DL such as Tommie Harris or Will Smith. JAX scares me because they view Andrews as an LT (not a RT), which makes him more valuable in their eyes

As for darkhorses, the Niners are an option, though there should be enough top tier DT's/WR's for them to pass on Andrews.

Finally, dont overlook the Jets. They need serious help in the secondary. However if Hall and Robinson are off the board, I can totally seeing them taking Andrews to play Guard (eventually taking over for Fabini at Tackle). I personally think they are set at LB and would look at Big Shawn before a LB such as Vilma.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom