Should Chris Grier Have Gotten Fired Too? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Chris Grier Have Gotten Fired Too?

Should Ross have fired Chris Grier, too?

• Yes

Votes: 47 40.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 34 29.3%
  • Will there be cake?

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can’t think of any recent coaches that have succeeded long term with absolute power, at least no one without the initials of BB.

As far as firing Grier, I have no idea what moves were forced on him by gase, and what players he wanted to keep vs get rid of etc that tannebaum paid or didn’t pay. Maybe Grier kept tidy records of every move he made or wanted to make to build this roster and made notes when he was given friction. That being the case... it’s quite possible he’s going to be a great gm with absolute roster power.
That's the line of thought I've been tossing around since this latest purge.
At least T'baum won't be involved, as we see it now.

Ross needed someone in his ear on the football side he could trust and I think Tannenbaum wasn't that guy anymore so it had to be Grier. If he cleaned house like a lot wanted who does he trust to hire a new GM?

This was his safest route moving forward.

Even if you clean house, this is the first hire so it's pretty close. It definitely sounds like they will break from the approach of the last few years

Perhaps Grier is the only one who was opposed to signing aged and busted vets and wanted to do it right. That's my hope anyways. I'm okay with him staying if he really thought like that.

Perhaps Grier is the only one who was opposed to signing aged and busted vets and wanted to do it right. That's my hope anyways. I'm okay with him staying if he really thought like that.
He's seen his share of mistakes from the front row, let's hope he was a dissenting voice in much of it and learned from the experience

Grier's promotion looks like yet another half measure by Ross. We never actually clean house. This decision, if nothing else, eliminates the Dolphins as a potential landing spot for some more experienced candidates. Why do that to your football team, Ross?

The Dolphins are in about the worst shape I've ever seen them in. Make no mistake about it, fellow Fin Fans. I had the gut feeling that Gase had checked out LAST SEASON. He showed a little life this season, but then it faded again before it went off the rails. No matter how bad Gase is/was, it needs pointing out that Ross has seemingly crossed his head coach more than once during this saga, and that Gase didn't suddenly blow off his boss after a bad game. I've no doubt that Gase's immediate future looks better than Miami's. Of that you should all be confident of. His departure is a blemish on Ross and his Dolphins more than it ever will be for the "guru."

My, oh my... will it ever get better for this team? What successful coach will ever want to come here again?

Ross has always made terrible decisions related to football. Ross promotes a guy that has been a part of the worst two decades in franchise history. I'm amazed how Ross continues to fool fans with slide of hand tricks, time after time. I feel like we are stuck in 10 year long episode of punked.

I, personally, with zero qualifications, would have fired Chris Grier too. Or at least demoted him to scouting department.

Mainly, because we are losing out on great potential coaching candidates who want more or total control of the roster.

Why are we selling ourselves short on potentially great HC (or GM for that matter) candidates for Chris Grier? Is he really that great and will turn us into Super Bowl contenders?
HC will & should have that imput/say, but not total absolute power. Even Shula had a GM. Gases insistence on calling plays has soured me on any HC that tries to pull that "Parcell's crap! I want my HC managing and working with a group

Ross has always made terrible decisions related to football. Ross promotes a guy that has been a part of the worst two decades in franchise history. I'm amazed how Ross continues to fool fans with slide of hand tricks, time after time. I feel like we are stuck in 10 year long episode of punked.

Or even worse a 10 year long episode of Tomahawked.

you-ve-been-tomahawked-peter-griffin-29296439-500-375.gif

Ross has no clue and apparently no "resources" so he's banking on Grier based on some rumors he's heard that Chris is "well respected."

Back
Top Bottom