Should Eddie Moore start? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Eddie Moore start?

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
Sorry if you guys already talked about this but with Greenwood being tendered we need a starter. Moore I think should start or at least get a chance to start. And we need another linebacker to be a backup. My opinion is that we draft D.J. Williams and have him start and Eddie Moore will be rotated in with both Seau and Williams. That would leave Hendricks to rotate in with Thomas.

What are we going to do with Greenwood, then?

We'd need to draft Williams in round 1, and we appear to have our first round pick earmarked for a WR at this point. I like Williams well enough, but given the needs on offense, I'm content to let Moore and Greenwood fight it out for the starting job in camp.

We could draft both Williams and a WR. Greenwood was tendered with a 3rd round draft pick meaning he's gone, not coming back.

How can we answer this when he has yet to play in a regular season game? He might be good, or he might suck.

Originally posted by nick19991
We could draft both Williams and a WR. Greenwood was tendered with a 3rd round draft pick meaning he's gone, not coming back.

So you're saying we'd use one of those third round picks on a WR? Or are you making the common assumption that Ogunleye will be gone and we'll get #1 and #3 picks for him?

I don't think Greenwood is a goner, personally. I'm not the least bit convinced that a team will give up a #3 pick for him.

So Moore, who Dave said was a back up, who didn't play a snap last season because he was injured, should start? Wow, I sure hope not. Then you want to draft a rookie and have Moore rotate in? We need experience, too many running backs to worry about a rookie missing his assignments.

greenwood and minor are very good possiblities to get offers from other teams.. they would only cost a 3rd round pick ... they are good role players and greenwood is a proven starter.. both are considered cheap... we could lose both and gain 2 extra 3rd round picks... the guy i'm worried about is sage he is a 4th rd guy and teams may be interested in him ... we could lose him too .. we could conceivably have (4) 3rd round picks as well as (2) 1st and (2) 4th if we lose all

What's his condition? Is his foot better? Will he even be able to go to camp on time?
I'm weary of high picks that turn lame once they get a paycheck. This cat hasn't even played a down of pro football.

I highly doubt teams will give us the 3rd round tender for either. It's a fairly deep linebacker draft and Minor hasn't proved that he can be any better then a half decent 3rd down back.

Minor made some nice runs for us. Collier already said Minor will be getting a lot more carries this year.

Why would we start a rookie linebacker who has yet to play in a regular season game. It might be his 2nd year but he is still a rookie in playing time. Maybe at the end of the year if he proves himself but as of right now he should get little PT till he proves he can play at this level. I would love it if he could come in and play from what i hear he is supposed to be faster then our other LBs in coverage which we need seeing how often ZT and JS get beat in coverage by TE

Last edited by a moderator:

Gone only if we don't match any offer. unless he gets ridiculous $$ somewhere, I figure we match it.

this is a very attractive restrictive f/a market.. teams looking for established nfl talent like those of minor and greenwood .. could be attractive to other teams ... i live in ny and greenwood has already been talked about a a replacement for the giants.. due to his low cost ... it wouldn't suprise me to see that minor and greenwood are lost to other teams..

Uhhhh...no one is giving up a 3rd for neither Greenwood OR Minor.
I think some of us fans tend to overvalue our own team's players. Minor and Greenwood will both be back, trust me.
This is too good a draft for teams to give up 3rd.

Originally posted by phunwin

So you're saying we'd use one of those third round picks on a WR? Or are you making the common assumption that Ogunleye will be gone and we'll get #1 and #3 picks for him?

I don't think Greenwood is a goner, personally. I'm not the least bit convinced that a team will give up a #3 pick for him.

We will have at least 2 1st round picks and at least 2 3rd round picks so we can take Williams and either Woods or Evans in the first round and get a QB and a linemen in the 3rd round. And I figure that we will have 3 or maybe 4 3rd round picks and trade up into the 2nd round and still have 2 3rd round picks with 1 2nd round pick along with 2 1st round picks.

So I say let Greenwood go for a 3rd round pick and have Moore and Williams compete for the linebacker spot. Williams would beat out Moore for that spot I would think.

Back
Top Bottom