Should Eddie Moore start? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Eddie Moore start?

Originally posted by nick19991

So I say let Greenwood go for a 3rd round pick and have Moore and Williams compete for the linebacker spot. Williams would beat out Moore for that spot I would think.
We can't "let go" Greenwood for a 3rd. Once again, no one will give up a 3rd for him.

Originally posted by bigmiamifan
So Moore, who Dave said was a back up, who didn't play a snap last season because he was injured, should start? Wow, I sure hope not. Then you want to draft a rookie and have Moore rotate in? We need experience, too many running backs to worry about a rookie missing his assignments.

Moore did beat out Greenwood for the starting spot until he got injured.

Originally posted by Brad528
Why would we start a rookie linebacker who has yet to play in a regular season game. It might be his 2nd year but he is still a rookie in playing time. Maybe at the end of the year if he proves himself but as of right now he should get little PT till he proves he can play at this level. I would love it if he could come in and play from what i hear he is supposed to be faster then our other LBs in coverage which we need seeing how often ZT and JS get beat in coverage by TE

ZT started as an unproven rookie and look at that turned out. Not saying hes the next zach but you only now how good someone is when they get a shot.

Originally posted by LIQUID24

We can't "let go" Greenwood for a 3rd. Once again, no one will give up a 3rd for him.

I wouldn't let him go for a 3rd, unless someone offered him real mad $$$. but by saying that no one will give up a 3rd for him, you're saying he won't get any offeres eslewhere, right??

Originally posted by DeDolfan

I wouldn't let him go for a 3rd, unless someone offered him real mad $$$. but by saying that no one will give up a 3rd for him, you're saying he won't get any offeres eslewhere, right??
yes, that's what's I'm saying. This draft is too good for teams to give up a 3rd. I strongly doubt he'll get any offers-- so we can pretty much count on him being back next year.

He is worth a third because he had a good year. And I don't know why you guys don't think we will let him go. We put a 3rd round tender meaning we are going to let him go and whoever gets him has to give us a 3rd round pick PERIOD!

He is worth a third because he had a good year. And I don't know why you guys don't think we will let him go. We put a 3rd round tender meaning we are going to let him go and whoever gets him has to give us a 3rd round pick PERIOD!

We can't "let him go" if no one signs him! And no one will give up a 3rd for him! Just trust on me on this.
I don't think you understand how tendering works nick.
Someone help me out here.

If I understand tendering and I think I do but correct me if I'm wrong. You tender someone who you plan on letting go. And whatever you tender them for the team who signs that player has to give up that draft pick and since we tendered Greenwood for a 3rd round pick, we plan on his departure and the team who signs him has to give up a 3rd round pick, athough I may be wrong.

Originally posted by FinaticPatch

Moore did beat out Greenwood for the starting spot until he got injured.

Says who.

Some of these posts are killin me!
Yeah Moore should start..................start rehabilitatin that foot so he can run full speed down field and tackle somebody on the kickoff!

yes, that's what's I'm saying. This draft is too good for teams to give up a 3rd. I strongly doubt he'll get any offers-- so we can pretty much count on him being back next year.

but if the FO felt the same way about him then they likely would tender him only for the RoFR then correct? That tender salary would be somewhat less, altho not by alot tho.

Originally posted by PHINFAN4LIFE

Says who.

Yeah Moore should start..................start rehabilitatin that foot so he can run full speed down field and tackle somebody on the kickoff!

The last two weeks of training camp the first team consited of ZT JR and Moore as weel as the first two or three preseason games. Did you even see thoose? Cause he was starting and not because Greenwood was injured, ill go through some old miami herald arcticles for ya.

If I understand tendering and I think I do but correct me if I'm wrong. You tender someone who you plan on letting go. And whatever you tender them for the team who signs that player has to give up that draft pick and since we tendered Greenwood for a 3rd round pick, we plan on his departure and the team who signs him has to give up a 3rd round pick, athough I may be wrong.

You are correct in what actually happens. However, if you plan on letting a player go, you simply do nothing. By tendering a player, what you are doing is putting yourself in the driver's seat as far as that player is concerned and by doing so you maitain some control by being able to match any other offers or by declining and taking the pick. In either case, the tender is a set amount and even the lowest tender is somewhat higher than the min salary. So, if you don't want a player, you do nothing and simply let them go. So, if you "don't want" a player, you'd risk keeping him at a higher salary by tendering him.
Hope I thoroughly "confused" you now !! :lol:

Tendering does neccesaraly mean a team is planning on letting go of that player.
Example: The Seahawks tendered Darrell Jackson(good player BTW) last year with a 1st rounder. But teams were not willing to give up a 1st rounder for him, so no one signed him. When that happens, he has to sign a 1 year contract and go back to the Seahawks. He then becomes an unrestricted free agent the next year(he is now a UFA).
So basically, of no team is willing to give up 3rd for Greenwood(which they won't trust me), he has to sign a one year contract($628,000) and come back with the Fins. He will be a UFA next year, free to sign with any team, and there will be no compensation involved.
I hope this helps nick, I realize it's complicated.

Originally posted by FinaticPatch

ZT started as an unproven rookie and look at that turned out. Not saying hes the next zach but you only now how good someone is when they get a shot.

Yea, but Dave said when they drafted Moore that we was a backup. I don't think JJ intended Zach to be a backup when he was drafted.

Seems like the fins have a lot of backups getting starting time :)

Originally posted by PHINFAN4LIFE

Says who.

He did. That's what raised a whole lot of questions last summer.
From my feeble memory anyway!! :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom