Should Eddie Moore start? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Eddie Moore start?

Originally posted by LIQUID24
Tendering does neccesaraly mean a team is planning on letting go of that player.
Example: The Seahawks tendered Darrell Jackson(good player BTW) last year with a 1st rounder. But teams were not willing to give up a 1st rounder for him, so no one signed him. When that happens, he has to sign a 1 year contract and go back to the Seahawks. He then becomes an unrestricted free agent the next year(he is now a UFA).
So basically, of no team is willing to give up 3rd for Greenwood(which they won't trust me), he has to sign a one year contract($628,000) and come back with the Fins. He will be a UFA next year, free to sign with any team, and there will be no compensation involved.
I hope this helps nick, I realize it's complicated.

Sheeeeeeit, I just "confused" him b4 you did !! :D

Tendering does neccesaraly mean a team is planning on letting go of that player.
Example: The Seahawks tendered Darrell Jackson(good player BTW) last year with a 1st rounder. But teams were not willing to give up a 1st rounder for him, so no one signed him. When that happens, he has to sign a 1 year contract and go back to the Seahawks. He then becomes an unrestricted free agent the next year(he is now a UFA).
So basically, of no team is willing to give up 3rd for Greenwood(which they won't trust me), he has to sign a one year contract($628,000) and come back with the Fins. He will be a UFA next year, free to sign with any team, and there will be no compensation involved.
I hope this helps nick, I realize it's complicated.

so if Greenwood gets no offers then he will sign back with Miami?

Originally posted by FinaticPatch

The last two weeks of training camp the first team consited of ZT JR and Moore as weel as the first two or three preseason games. Did you even see thoose? Cause he was starting and not because Greenwood was injured, ill go through some old miami herald arcticles for ya.

Not necessary, as it will be futile! I dont need u 2 break out your crystal ball either.

Even second teamers get to run with the starters, as to see cohesiveness! Just because he started a few preseason games does not mean his future stardom was imminent. Not that Im bashing him or nothing, but where I come from newbies gots to pay DUES!

Originally posted by DeDolfan

You are correct in what actually happens. However, if you plan on letting a player go, you simply do nothing. By tendering a player, what you are doing is putting yourself in the driver's seat as far as that player is concerned and by doing so you maitain some control by being able to match any other offers or by declining and taking the pick. In either case, the tender is a set amount and even the lowest tender is somewhat higher than the min salary. So, if you don't want a player, you do nothing and simply let them go. So, if you "don't want" a player, you'd risk keeping him at a higher salary by tendering him.
Hope I thoroughly "confused" you now !! :lol:

I understand the process but I don't see why nobody won't offer him a contract and thats why I think he will be on another team next year

Originally posted by bigmiamifan

Yea, but Dave said when they drafted Moore that we was a backup. I don't think JJ intended Zach to be a backup when he was drafted.

Seems like the fins have a lot of backups getting starting time :)

Yeah he did we had just got Jack Del Rio in Free agency but Zach beat him out.

Originally posted by bigmiamifan

Yea, but Dave said when they drafted Moore that we was a backup. I don't think JJ intended Zach to be a backup when he was drafted.

Seems like the fins have a lot of backups getting starting time :)

If I remember correctly that was the year we signed Del Rio to play the middle. You may be right in that altho Zack was a 5th rnd pick [and therefore normally would not be counted on to start], JJ had hopes of Zack coming right in. It was a gamble of sorts on JJs part and it paid off cuz as soon as Zack won the job, Del Rio retired. Then JJ goes out and sort of does the same thing the next yr in the 3rd rnd with that, wazizname, that tall skinny bald headed dude from Akron??!! :D

Originally posted by PHINFAN4LIFE

Not necessary, as it will be futile! I dont need u 2 break out your crystal ball either.

Even second teamers get to run with the starters, as to see cohesiveness! Just because he started a few preseason games does not mean his future stardom was imminent. Not that Im bashing him or nothing, but where I come from newbies gots to pay DUES!

Never claimed he was a future star just simplily stating if he wasnt injured he would have been one of our starting LB's with zt and JR

Originally posted by nick19991

so if Greenwood gets no offers then he will sign back with Miami?
Correct, for one year.
And while he's a decent player, it is HIGHLY doubtful teams will give up a 3rd rounder this year to sign him( this draft too deep and too good).

Tendering a player absolutely does NOT mean a team is planning on letting go of the player.....it just means that if he signs with another team, you can match the offer or get some compensation.

Think of the L.Coles situation from last year. No way the Jets wanted to let him walk.......they thought that the 1st rnd tender would have been sufficient to scare teams off. They had every intention of resigning him. When the Skins came in and made a ridiculous offer....they were basically SOL. That's why there was all the second guessing around NY afterwards as to why they didn't high tender for a 1st and a 3rd.

This year teams have apparently learned from that and you see key players getting the high tender like Ogunleye and Rudi Johnson. They want to keep these guys, so if someone wants them, they have to pay.

Correct, for one year.
And while he's a decent player, it is HIGHLY doubtful teams will give up a 3rd rounder this year to sign him( this draft too deep and too good).

ok, I got it

Originally posted by FinaticPatch

Never claimed he was a future star just simplily stating if he wasnt injured he would have been one of our starting LB's with zt and JR

You just dont know that though homie, is what Im sayin. So what he got some first team reps, so did Trent Gamble at some point in TC. Doesnt mean he was even considered to start. I hope Moore pans out too, but Greenwood gets no respect, and I thought he played damn good football!

Back
Top Bottom