Should McGwire be in the Hall of Fame? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should McGwire be in the Hall of Fame?

The guy nearly single-handidly saved baseball (along with Ripken and Sosa). If that doesn't get you in the Hall, nothing does. Vote Big Mac in!

The guy nearly single-handidly saved baseball (along with Ripken and Sosa). If that doesn't get you in the Hall, nothing does. Vote Big Mac in!

He did so using illegal drugs that helped him get to that level. He doesn't belong.

He did so using illegal drugs that helped him get to that level. He doesn't belong.

Only thing he's admitted to is androstine, a drug that was legal for a year, supposedly when he was using it. If you keep him out they better keep Bonds and Sosa out. All I'm going to say.

Only thing he's admitted to is androstine, a drug that was legal for a year, supposedly when he was using it. If you keep him out they better keep Bonds and Sosa out. All I'm going to say.

I think that is quite likely.

What I wonder is when all this is swept under a rug.....no proof for any....all speculation...do the voters ever relent and have a year where Bonds, Sosa, and McGwire are all voted in on the same year....a black armband type HoF year.

what proof do you have?

Oh please, we all know he used illegal drugs. the man couldn't even speak in front of comgress- do you think if he just use andro he would had that problem? look at the size of him from the late 80s to the mid 90s. The guy was a great HR hitter(thanks to drugs) but was NEVER a great player.

Oh please, we all know he used illegal drugs. the man couldn't even speak in front of comgress- do you think if he just use andro he would had that problem? look at the size of him from the late 80s to the mid 90s. The guy was a great HR hitter(thanks to drugs) but was NEVER a great player.

:shakeno: (court of public opinion) Thats a great "we all know" prosecution approach.

NO. he wasn't a HOF player w/ performing enhancers. he had a great rookie year when they juiced the ballas then was medciore and injured all the time so he juiced his body and then became a great HR hitter. He was a 1 dimensional hitter, either HR or nothing and he couldn't play defense. Bonds was a great all-around player befroe he started using so he is a HOFer.

So they both cheated but Bonds gets the pass because he was a better player pre steroids???

:shakeno: (court of public opinion) Thats a great "we all know" prosecution approach.

nah, let's put our heads in the sand and say there's no failed tests so guys like McGwire, bonds and Sosa must be innocent:rolleyes:

So they both cheated but Bonds gets the pass because he was a better player pre steroids???

I hate bonds and hope he doesn't make it BUT he was a great player pre becoming a hulk. Mcgwire was NEVER a great player w/ or w/o drugs.

nah, let's put our heads in the sand and say there's no failed tests so guys like McGwire, bonds and Sosa must be innocent:rolleyes:.

yeah, your way is so much better! :shakeno: I am shocked our legal system doesnt just follow your lead.

nah, let's put our heads in the sand and say there's no failed tests so guys like McGwire, bonds and Sosa must be innocent:rolleyes:

I hate bonds and hope he doesn't make it BUT he was a great player pre becoming a hulk. Mcgwire was NEVER a great player w/ or w/o drugs.

Was he on steroids in 1987 when he won Rookie of the year and slugged .618 .. Also since he made 12 all-star teams around which one did he start juicing at or has he been on roids since his ROTY.. Please enlighten us..

Was he on steroids in 1987 when he won Rookie of the year and slugged .618 .. Also since he made 12 all-star teams around which one did he start juicing at or has he been on roids since his ROTY.. Please enlighten us..

That was the juiced ball year if you remember(I am not sure how old you are). In 1986 the leaders hit 40, 35, 34, 33 and 33 HRs while in 1987 the leaders hit 49(McGwire and Andre Dawson and dawson only hit above 30 Hrs TWICE in his career and this was his only 40+ season and he almost hit 50),47, and 5 guys hit 34 HRs then in '88 HRs went down again to 42, 34, 3228 and 28.

From 1986-1994 McGwire hit a HR once every 14 ABs, from 1995-2001 he hit a HR every 7 ABs. he did this by just learning the strike zone better? By watching video? come on. Up through 1995 he came close to hitting 50 HRs ONE time and that was the juiced ball year then he's hitting 52, 58, 70, 65?

I am sure he just worked really, reallt hard in the 2nd half of his career:rolleyes:

the only thing is steroids werent banned, which means they were free game..andro, which mcgwire admitted to, WAS LEGAL...so if you dont have proof that he did steroids and only have proof to andro then he should be inducted..but not first ballot...i dont even know if he was good enough to be considered for the hof

Back
Top Bottom