Should Miami draft a QB this year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Miami draft a QB this year?

colmax

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I think we can all surmise that Culpepper will be a Fin. Maybe not, but let's just say he already is.

Do you guys think Miami will draft a QB this year? Should they? And if so....first or second day? Who would you choose?

I still feel that there's a need for a younger QB THIS YEAR! Albeit, Culpepper is still in his prime (sans the knee injury), but he's not getting any younger. I noticed someone saying something along the lines of Miami trading down the first pick for a 2nd rounder? Sounds good. We all know that Cutler is WAY out of Miami's fingers now (although, some mocks still have him going to us), who would you go for IF you had a choice? Personally, I like Croyle. I'd settle with Whitehurst or Jacobs, though......

Thebignate5 said:
:shakeno: :shakeno: no.:shakeno: :shakeno:

So you're saying you have full confidence in Culpepper's rehabilitation? Miami is obviously taking a HUGE risk vs. HUGE reward. I am not so confident.....right now. Come July or August, I may sing a different tune. But right now......I just don't know.

Absolutly!!! If there is someone there...that we like...go for it!!

Knowing Mueller's tactics I think we might. He always drafts a QB even when there's a solid starter (Delhomme, etc). I wouldn't mind if he picks Croyle though Whitehurst is probably less injury-prone (something that would be useful since Culpepper is injury-prone).

I could see us taking Jacobs as our latest draft steal. At first I was sold on Croyle, but I like what I have seen from Jacobs, assuming he can raise his throwing motion a little. If we don't draft one this year, I can see us waiting to land a QB early in the '07 draft.........say Quinn.

i am pretty sure quinn will not be available when we pick in next years draft unless we only win around 4 games.

but as for a QB in this years draft i say we should be focused on other team needs with our first 3 picks and if there is a QB we like in the 7th pick him up

I agree that that may be the best course of action. We do have needs in other areas, but you also have to take the best player available........so who knows. I would be real happy if we used almost the entire draft for defense.

Basically we have already spent 2 picks this year on the QB position.
#2 on Culpepper
#6 on Lemon

I would find it very unlikely we spend another pick on QB this year considering we have alot of needs in the draft. I felt we would use 1 of our top 4 picks on the Offense, maybe WR in the first or QB in the 2nd/3rd. Well we used that on DC. I can't imagine we get another QB that would be insane.

While getting Culpepper is seen as a plus to many, I still say giving them this years 2nd round pick was high. They really should have offered up a third round pick. I know we get Minnesota's second round choice next year but the talent in this years draft is pretty damn good. It's a shame we don't have all of our picks this year.

Vick 2nd day late pick if he cleans up hed be a nice player but i highly doubt he will clean up

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
Basically we have already spent 2 picks this year on the QB position.
#2 on Culpepper
#6 on Lemon

I would find it very unlikely we spend another pick on QB this year considering we have alot of needs in the draft. I felt we would use 1 of our top 4 picks on the Offense, maybe WR in the first or QB in the 2nd/3rd. Well we used that on DC. I can't imagine we get another QB that would be insane.

I agree

I think so. We are prol going to cut Gus. That leave us with only Lemon and DC. Sorry I dont count Brock as a real QB. I think on day two we will be looking for someone to maybe battle it our with Lemon for the number2 job and groom them under DC. It might take a while for DC to get back to full time. So I hope we can get a young guy to take advantage of the playing time to learn

Back
Top Bottom