Should the Dolphins have interest in WR Josh Gordon? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should the Dolphins have interest in WR Josh Gordon?

houtz

"guess who's back, back again"
Club Member
Reaction score
As you may know by now, the Patriots placed WR Josh Gordon on IR earlier today. Multiple reports have surfaced that once he is healthy, New England plans on releasing the troubled WR.

Usually, I don’t pay these type of things any mind, but the Dolphins currently have the top waiver priority. Furthermore, if they do plan on moving DeVante Parker by the trade deadline, they may have interest in the 28-year old WR. After all, Dolphins’ OC Chad O’Shea was his WR coach in New England.

So, should the Dolphins have interest in Josh Gordon?

No. The Dolphins are trying to build themselves back up and change the culture. The type of veteran you want is the type who is a good role model for the younger guys. Someone like Fitzgerald - works hard, is dependable, takes on the role the team needs from him, etc.

Gordon is better for a more veteran team that is just a wide receiver from being a contender. My question is why are the Patriots ditching him?

tenor.gif

I think he’s washed up. The Pats replaced him with Sanu due to injury and performance. The substance abuse has caught up with him a la Charles Rogers.

Back
Top Bottom