Should the Miami Hurricanes go after Brad Stevens or Shaka Smart? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should the Miami Hurricanes go after Brad Stevens or Shaka Smart?

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Stevens, 34, signed a long-term contract with the Indianapolis school last spring after leading the Bulldogs within a last-second shot of beating Duke for the national championship. But that doesn’t mean schools with coaching openings (Missouri and N.C. State, for instance) or those without openings just yet (like, oh, I dunno … Miami???) won’t make a run at him.

Same goes for Virginia Commonwealth’s Shaka Smart, who doesn’t turn 34 until four days after the national title game. Smart, a former assistant at Florida (one year) and Clemson (two), could join Stevens and Butler at the Final Four if Kansas comes out today and plays tight.

Which coach would you pursue if you were the AD of a major university? Stevens or Smart?

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...nes-go-after-brad-stevens-or-shaka-smart.html

Looks like both embody the credible energetic, creative, intelligent and inspirational mindset that would serve the Canes well in recruiting and competition. However, IMO at this point, I'd not be surprised if both of them (especially Stevens considering his longer body of work) can now open the big time end-destination doors rather than maybe (or maybe not) just a higher stepping stone.

No offense to UM but why in the World would they want to go to Miami? Butler is a better prgram than Miami and Smart will have much better opportunities in the future. I'd love to see it b/c it would help the ACC but I'd be shocked.

Also, did I miss Frank Haith being fired?

No offense to UM but why in the World would they want to go to Miami? Butler is a better prgram than Miami and Smart will have much better opportunities in the future. I'd love to see it b/c it would help the ACC but I'd be shocked.

Also, did I miss Frank Haith being fired?

This. Miami is a football school. These are 2 of the best, young coaches in the country. When they're ready, they're going to have the best pick among basketball schools. I doubt Miami would even make their short list. The constant coaching carousel means that in a given year there are much better jobs than Miaim open during the off-season.

I'm not trying to hate on the Hurricanes, but that's just how it is.

Some coaches would rather build their own legacy. It's doubtful Miami lands either of the 2, but Miami needs to do everything in their power to land one, or any good basketball coach for that matter.

As long as coach K and Roy are around everyone else in the ACC will be looking up to them. These guys bring in a couple top 10 prospects every year.....its not really a level playing field.

I'm content with an NIT bid every year. I'd like to see us make a run in the NCAAs, but we're a football school more than anything.

1.Football

2. Baseball

3. Basketball

Did Frank Haith get fired?

No.

But it's coming. Frank Haith is as incompetent as Randy Shannon was.

Our first priority is to hire a new Athletic Director. THEN we fire Frank Haith.

This article here was written simply to attract eyes. Miami can't afford a guy like Smart or Stevens. If either entertain offers for another school, Miami will be out of the bidding war early because the money just isn't there.

As long as coach K and Roy are around everyone else in the ACC will be looking up to them. These guys bring in a couple top 10 prospects every year.....its not really a level playing field.

For many years it was dean and K but other teams became top 10-20 caliber teams. In 90% of the seasons it's going to be Carolina or duke winning w/ those 2 coaches(though I don't think either has that many years left) but there's still plenty of room for others to compete. What happened to ga tech? Wake? Maryland? Maryland made 2 FFs last decade and won a title, ga tech was in the title game only 7 years ago. I know expansion hurt the ACC but there's still enough quiality coaches and programs that the ACC should not be as down as they have been the last couple of years.

For a while there always did seem to be one team that would rise up for a year or two. Virginia, Maryland, Georgia Tech, Wake, NC State, even BC.....they all had one recruiting class where it all briefly came together for a shot at glory. But nobody has managed to build a program that can consistently compete aside from Sendek at State, and of course to reward him for that they ran him out of town.

For a while there always did seem to be one team that would rise up for a year or two. Virginia, Maryland, Georgia Tech, Wake, NC State, even BC.....they all had one recruiting class where it all briefly came together for a shot at glory. But nobody has managed to build a program that can consistently compete aside from Sendek at State, and of course to reward him for that they ran him out of town.

The Billy Donovan rumblings to State are getting louder- that would be great for the ACC.

Back
Top Bottom