Should we draft a QB in the first round next year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we draft a QB in the first round next year?

I say either linebacker or cornerback should be taken with the first pick of the draft.

Originally posted by MiamiTrooper
I was just kidding about taking a LB or CB, BTW. :)

man..i was gonna jump all over you for that too ;)

Allright, we NEED a QB. There's no iffs and's or butt's about it. At best Jay is a QB filler between Marino, and our next true QB. Brian can't do it either. That siad, the ONLY person I can think of that I'd draft and expect to start sometime next season, would be Eli, and that's even a stretch. But it HAS to be done. We have a young offense, we need build around Ricky, Chambers, and Mcmichael. We need to get a young QB to at least ween, and take over.

Do we have the fire power to trade up for Eli?...depends on how the rest of this season goes. Take a dive, get a mid round pick, if someone takes O-gun....it's a long shot, but do we have the BALLS to do it? We won't. Then I'm all for getting Rivers, and weening him. Reminds me a lot of Marino. 2 first round picks would allow us to take a tackle, and Rivers in the first round. I think our line will be better next year, as their young now. MAYBE sign Brunell in the off season. But guys, I'm not crazy about bringing another old QB in here for a 2 year stint. He has to learn the system, etc. but i'm allright with it AS LONG as they accept our need for a young QB, and take one top priority in hte draft.

You wanna rebuild and go 6-10 next year? Then take a QB early.
You wanna take one more shot with a new HC and this cast of characters? Then draft OL and DL and bring in a free agent QB.

This QB drafting talk is crazy talk. The draft is strong at WR. We need help at WR. Picking anything other than WR is an iffy proposition that should happen only to address a serious need. The serious need this team has is at OLine, not QB.

I understand the desire to upgrade QB play, but drafting a guy in the first round is hardly the only answer there. Use a later round pick. Trade for a guy. Sign a Free Agent. These are the ways to address a QB need in today's NFL...

Originally posted by Jimmy James
This QB drafting talk is crazy talk. The draft is strong at WR. We need help at WR. Picking anything other than WR is an iffy proposition that should happen only to address a serious need. The serious need this team has is at OLine, not QB.

I understand the desire to upgrade QB play, but drafting a guy in the first round is hardly the only answer there. Use a later round pick. Trade for a guy. Sign a Free Agent. These are the ways to address a QB need in today's NFL...

What about Payton and Carr? last I saw his more/talented little bro is at the top of the draft.

Originally posted by MïâMì-ÃÂø|ƒäÑ
Call me crazy but releasing Wanny is ****ign dumb

Okay...you're crazy.

Originally posted by MïâMì-ÃÂø|ƒäÑ
Call me crazy but releasing Wanny is ****ign dumb..... we need to work on our QB... tuff off season, try and get another lineman, think bout it... dixon, ruddy, nails, and wade are all great, we just ned a rioght guard... and we NEED to keep O-gun....

I agree some. Had the QB situation been taken care of about 2 years BEFORE Marino left, we wouldn't be in this situation. But about O-gun. HE's great, i want to keep him..but how much do we spend a year on our defense?.....i think that money would be better spent on a franchise QB, or a play making WR.

Originally posted by Graythreat

What about Payton and Carr? last I saw his more/talented little bro is at the top of the draft.

We're not even getting close to the scent of Eli unless the team collapses, gets a 1st rounder for Wally, and throws in something else to do so. That price is too steep.

BTW, genetics has about as much to do with whether Eli is as good as Archie and Peyton are as it does with the inability of any of them to win the truly important game. Be careful with that double-edged sword...

Originally posted by Jimmy James

We're not even getting close to the scent of Eli unless the team collapses, gets a 1st rounder for Wally, and throws in something else to do so. That price is too steep.

BTW, genetics has about as much to do with whether Eli is as good as Archie and Peyton are as it does with the inability of any of them to win the truly important game. Be careful with that double-edged sword...

Side by side Eli has a better arm, more zip, deeper passes, and we KNOW he can play. He's carring old Miss on his golden shoulder.

And we COULD get Eli, but there's no way we will. how many teams will take a QB in the first round? Consider this, we bomb out the rest of the season, get a mid-round pick, someone takes teh O-gun 1st round tender, we trade our 1st for a high pick, and Eli. I'd be willing to pay that price for ELI.

Back
Top Bottom