Should we draft a QB in the first round next year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we draft a QB in the first round next year?

The pick the Dolphins get plus the pick we get from Washington or Buffalo (hopefully Washington) for Wally won't be enough to get Eli all by itself. Remember what Atlanta had to pay to get Vick?

This upcoming draft is gonna be a tough one. We have so many needs and we don't have our 2nd round pick due to Wanny's usual irresponsible drafting. We need a QB, left tackle, left guard, center, right guard, right tackle, wide receiver, and a defensive tackle. (ok, im exaggerating the Oline needs a bit, but you understand the crisis along the Oline).

So where do we start? IMO, it has to start up front on the Oline because any QB we put in there is dead meat, no matter who they are. So in 1st round I would take best available O-lineman. Second round, we select nothing (thank u Wanny, u dumbass), and from 3rd round on, you just gotta take best available value from the Oline, WR, QB positions.

I can tell all you guys right now, that this upcoming draft will not leave us feeling satisfied because the offense has more holes than a 10 pound chunk of swiss cheese, and we are short a very valuable 2nd round pick.

One thing that I must say about taking a QB - somewhere along the way, Miami is gonna have to suck it up and use a high draft pick and let him ride the bench for a few years til he is properly groomed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Jimmy James
The pick the Dolphins get plus the pick we get from Washington or Buffalo (hopefully Washington) for Wally won't be enough to get Eli all by itself. Remember what Atlanta had to pay to get Vick?

This is true, it would be a high price, BUT look at who else is looking for a franchise QB right now. There's not many teams needing starters, and with Brunell, Warner, Couch, and Garcia on the market, at least 2 of those teams will pick up a QB and feel content. Wrongfuly so, but enough to get them off of taking a QB with the first pick.

i think that if we get a top 10 pick for ogun, we should draft roethlisberger from miami ohio, i think we should do this if hes there with the ogun pick but i dont think we should trade up to get him, if we can get him and still have another 1st round pick i think that would be great

Originally posted by MïâMì-ÃÂø|ƒäÑ
Call me crazy but releasing Wanny is ****ign dumb..... we need to work on our QB... tuff off season, try and get another lineman, think bout it... dixon, ruddy, nails, and wade are all great, we just ned a rioght guard... and we NEED to keep O-gun....

Wannstedt needs to go. This team has produced and we have some great talent. We aren't going anywhere with him, we need a new coach.

By the way, dixon, ruddy, nails, and wade are all far from great. Dixon will probably never play again. Wade sucks and he is gone after this season. Nails was good last year but has sucked this year, however he isn't really 100%. I think he will be better next year. Ruddy has sucked this year and he is done. The offensive line needs to be completely changed for next year. Wade Smith has a future as LT, and McKinney and Nails will probably start for us next year as well. We need a guard and a right tackle badly.

We should keep Ogunleye.

Originally posted by vinlakers22
i think that if we get a top 10 pick for ogun, we should draft roethlisberger from miami ohio, i think we should do this if hes there with the ogun pick but i dont think we should trade up to get him, if we can get him and still have another 1st round pick i think that would be great

I'd take Roethlisberger over Eli because of his talent, size, & attitude.

Side by side Eli has a better arm, more zip, deeper passes, and we KNOW he can play. He's carring old Miss on his golden shoulder.

The differences are slim. It's not like comparing Marino to Peyton. Peyton has the advantage over Eli because he's not afraid to get in your face & he has great work habits, Eli does neither.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Wannstedt needs to go. This team has produced and we have some great talent. We aren't going anywhere with him, we need a new coach.

By the way, dixon, ruddy, nails, and wade are all far from great. Dixon will probably never play again. Wade sucks and he is gone after this season. Nails was good last year but has sucked this year, however he isn't really 100%. I think he will be better next year. Ruddy has sucked this year and he is done. The offensive line needs to be completely changed for next year. Wade Smith has a future as LT, and McKinney and Nails will probably start for us next year as well. We need a guard and a right tackle badly.

We should keep Ogunleye.

Agreed on Wanny, his philosophy of playing close to the vest and "not to lose" rather than "playing to win" has killed this team.

The O-Line situation isn't that bad...... for the future that is!
You have 2 young guys in Mckinney and Wade Smith that will grow. Nails should be fully recovered next year. Assuming that Wade Smith will be hitting the weight room heavily in the offseason, that would leave us with a Guard spot and a tackle spot to fill. Everyone is pretty high on this Yates kid. Draft a couple and bring in a key FA and we could be fine at OL.

O-gun I don't agree with though.
This guy has had a career year. It is unlikely he'll see another year like it. He may mind you and I'm not saying he hasn't played lights out but I think a lot of his play can be attributed to JT's double teams and the secondary's coverage as well. I say take the draft picks we'd get for him. This team needs youth. 2 number 1 picks would allow us to draft a high WR or OL and a QB for the future.

We have other DE's waiting in the wings that have shown they can play as well.

As for QB, we'll be starting over there next year as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by MiamiTrooper
I say either linebacker or cornerback should be taken with the first pick of the draft.

That would be typical...well he was...lets all say it...."THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE"

Originally posted by Rick 1966
You wanna rebuild and go 6-10 next year? Then take a QB early.
You wanna take one more shot with a new HC and this cast of characters? Then draft OL and DL and bring in a free agent QB.

YES! Rebuilding teams draft QBs. There will be planety of free agent QBs available, and that trend will continue. Every team that drafts a QB eventually casts off is veteran QB. We need a calm, bright QB with a deep ball and BETTER PLAYCALLING.

Originally posted by SMadison29
I'd take Roethlisberger over Eli because of his talent, size, & attitude.

You beat me to that one. Roethlisberger is the real deal. I like Manning too, but I'd prefer Roethlisberger.

If we want a qb that is going to be any good, we need to draft them. We arent going to find anyone good by picking up wash ups and never will be qb's. It's like taking Fiedler and Griese under another name. We need to draft a qb, and we need to get some oline players.

I saw so many comments that this pertained to that I put it in my sig! :D

Yeah...we need to draft a QB high...

The Bucs didn't win the Super Bowl last year with a washed up QB on at least his third team

The Raiders didn't go to the Super Bowl last year with a washed up QB on what seemed like his seven hundredth team, and that guy didn't win MVP

The Rams didn't go to two Super Bowls in recent years with an Arena League guy

The Patriots didn't win a Super Bowl with a no-name QB

The Ravens didn't win a Super Bowl with a former first round wash-out on his second team

None of this happened, and none of it could happen for the Dolphins. Let's go ahead and abandon the current team and any chance to really improve the receivers or the line... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Jimmy James
Yeah...we need to draft a QB high...

The Bucs didn't win the Super Bowl last year with a washed up QB on at least his third team

The Raiders didn't go to the Super Bowl last year with a washed up QB on what seemed like his seven hundredth team, and that guy didn't win MVP

The Rams didn't go to two Super Bowls in recent years with an Arena League guy

The Patriots didn't win a Super Bowl with a no-name QB

The Ravens didn't win a Super Bowl with a former first round wash-out on his second team

None of this happened, and none of it could happen for the Dolphins. Let's go ahead and abandon the current team and any chance to really improve the receivers or the line... :rolleyes:

if your dilluded enough to think that Fiedler played good enough to match ANY of those QB's (who btw I noticed you didn't take the time to look up their names) play when they went to the superbowl, more power to 'ya. I'll stick with drafting for the FUTURE. Sorry, but 3 years down the road when Jay's knee gives out AGAIN, i want a legitimate QB to step up in his place. Heaven forbid we have a youngin behind center that can at least attempt to live up to marino.

OR we could draft a WR when we have one of the hottest young WR"s in the league, and a posession WR opposite him, and STILL have no QB to throw to him.

Good gameplan buddy.

Back
Top Bottom