should we draft jimmy williams in 1st round? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

should we draft jimmy williams in 1st round?

Montella

Mr. Germany
Reaction score
Jimmy Williams CB/S, Virginia Tech, 6-2, 216, 4.42

High school quarterback, safety, wide receiver and outside linebacker may give some pro team the option to play him at corner or safety. Potential to be a top cover corner. Has size and is physical enough to play safety. Confident and mentally tough.

he sounds very good for us and our defense, also his versatility makes him special

what do u guys think, should/could we get him at 16?

I'd be all over him if he drops that far...

Im all for drafting williams but the problem with him has been he has interviewed poorly. His psych exam also came back saying he is mentally unstable.

yea rumor has it that he has a bad attitude as well

if hes there sure. we need a corner and at 6-2, hes very interesting :wink:

Couple of Guys will be there at 16 for us to look at. Here are a few and why we might take them.

Chad Jackson WR Florida - He has all the tools and we really lacked a 3rd WR last year. Randy McMichael was not used so I think we will need another WR and he could possibly it. With 4.32 speed and great hands.

Jimmy Williams CB VA Tech - He is tall and could play either one of two positions. he can tackle very well and won't get out jumped on most situations. He not extremely fast, But fast enough.

Winston Justice OT USC - Could play a RT or LT and while we have a LT we have no RT and it would be nice to have him. He is really athletic and he has a mean streak!

Ko Simpson Saftey South Carolina - He would really help out Secondary and play the Satey position. This guy is a real ball hawk and he can really put a hit on someone. Was great at SOuth Carolina!

Jonathan Joseph CB South Carolina - He is really fast and is a great corner who can really help out in run support. The only real problem here is that he is alittle raw.

Antonio Cromartie CB FSU - If healthy could be the best DB in the entire draft casue he does soo many things very well. He is tall and Fast! The Question is can he regain his form?

Jason Allen DB Tennessee - This guy is a real leader. He might be a reach for us at 16, But even tho he played Saftey his Senior year he will get his chance at CB. He only played Saftey cause he was needed there. This guy has impressed me many times.

they say he's overly aggresive, but i think Saban loves aggresive corners

Montella said:
Jimmy Williams CB/S, Virginia Tech, 6-2, 216, 4.42

High school quarterback, safety, wide receiver and outside linebacker may give some pro team the option to play him at corner or safety. Potential to be a top cover corner. Has size and is physical enough to play safety. Confident and mentally tough.

he sounds very good for us and our defense, also his versatility makes him special

what do u guys think, should/could we get him at 16?
I am limited in my college knowledge to what I hear on this site. That said, I would grab him. A lot of people have mentioned he is great, and we need a top notch corner. A veteran on the otehr side ready to take over depending on Will Poole's injury status would be nice too. Draft an O-lineman and a linebecker with our next 2 picks (not necessarily in tha torder).

I would consider him strongly but I am concerned about his character issues. I think I would prefer Jason Allen who has shown a lot of heart in this off season. He has performed very well so far and not showing much signs of his hip injury. I think he has a better head on his shoulders rather than Williams, but its a coin toss, they both could be very good for this team.

Out of all the CB's slated in the first round I think Williams has the best chance of falling. Anybody where they 'aren't' sure of their position and that 'maybe' they should play safety combined with the attitude/psych issues.

Hell he'll probably be a Bronco ;p

Back
Top Bottom