should we draft jimmy williams in 1st round? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

should we draft jimmy williams in 1st round?

I am the President of the Antonio Cromartie bandwagon, so I say no to Williams. Cromartie is 6'2 1/8 210 lbs, and just ran 4.37 and 4.39 with a 42 inch verticle. Had Antonio gone back to school he would likely have been a top 5 pick. He has fluid hips and will step up and play the run! He can also return kicks. My biggest knock on Williams is he doesnt really have a position.

what about Tye Hill: Fromm NFL Draft Countdown

TYE HILL

CB | Clemson | Scouting Report
clear.gif
It is no secret that the Dolphins are in the market for secondary help and after Sam Madison and Reggie Howard were let go in salary cap moves it has become more apparent than ever. Hill doesn't have the great size you look for but he is extremely fast and plays much bigger than his frame would indicate. In fact, he is a much better prospect than his former teammate Justin Miller was a year ago and he ended up starting for the New York Jets as a rookie. The quarterback position needs to be addressed as well and the Phins would love to add Jay Cutler but with his stock soaring it doesn't look like they will have any type of shot at him. The offensive line is a concern as well with starting left tackle Damion McIntosh being released so if Winston Justice somehow fell this far it might be a no-brainer. Keep an eye on the wide receivers as well because with basically nothing beyond Chris Chambers at the position someone like Santonio Holmes or Chad Jackson could be awfully tempting at this point in the first round. Nick Saban is a defensive guy though and with corner now such a glaring need it might be hard to pass on Hill, who is seeing his stock soar after running the fastest time of any player at the Combine with a 4.30.

Skeet84 said:
Couple of Guys will be there at 16 for us to look at. Here are a few and why we might take them.

Chad Jackson WR Florida - He has all the tools and we really lacked a 3rd WR last year. Randy McMichael was not used so I think we will need another WR and he could possibly it. With 4.32 speed and great hands.

Jimmy Williams CB VA Tech - He is tall and could play either one of two positions. he can tackle very well and won't get out jumped on most situations. He not extremely fast, But fast enough.

Winston Justice OT USC - Could play a RT or LT and while we have a LT we have no RT and it would be nice to have him. He is really athletic and he has a mean streak!

Ko Simpson Saftey South Carolina - He would really help out Secondary and play the Satey position. This guy is a real ball hawk and he can really put a hit on someone. Was great at SOuth Carolina!

Jonathan Joseph CB South Carolina - He is really fast and is a great corner who can really help out in run support. The only real problem here is that he is alittle raw.

Antonio Cromartie CB FSU - If healthy could be the best DB in the entire draft casue he does soo many things very well. He is tall and Fast! The Question is can he regain his form?

Jason Allen DB Tennessee - This guy is a real leader. He might be a reach for us at 16, But even tho he played Saftey his Senior year he will get his chance at CB. He only played Saftey cause he was needed there. This guy has impressed me many times.

All of those guys (except Williams) are projected at the 20-30 range.
We could trade down and get an extra pick.

jlfin said:
All of those guys (except Williams) are projected at the 20-30 range.
We could trade down and get an extra pick.

Thats not true at all! Just depends on what Mock you look at! I have seen

Chad Jackson gone at 14
Winston Justice gone at 9
Jonathan Joseph gone at 15
Ko Simpson gone at 18

Those are from ESPN's Mocks. Mel Kiper included

Montella said:
Jimmy Williams CB/S, Virginia Tech, 6-2, 216, 4.42

High school quarterback, safety, wide receiver and outside linebacker may give some pro team the option to play him at corner or safety. Potential to be a top cover corner. Has size and is physical enough to play safety. Confident and mentally tough.

he sounds very good for us and our defense, also his versatility makes him special

what do u guys think, should/could we get him at 16?

Oh ya:D ,he'd look good as a Phin:dolphins:

Nicky Napoleon said:
I am the President of the Antonio Cromartie bandwagon, so I say no to Williams. Cromartie is 6'2 1/8 210 lbs, and just ran 4.37 and 4.39 with a 42 inch verticle. Had Antonio gone back to school he would likely have been a top 5 pick. He has fluid hips and will step up and play the run! He can also return kicks. My biggest knock on Williams is he doesnt really have a position.

Cromartie has everything that Williams brings and more. He was a pre-season All-American and was going to play some WR also before he got hurt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nick Saban has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoloy card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game UNO.

yea i think the safe and best pick would be manny lawson.i really think he is the next merrimen for our d

I think Phins will draft either a WR or CB with CB the priority.

1 - My Thinking is Saban will draft Tye Hill CB if he is available first. He has the whole package except height but his vertical makes up for it.

2 - Santonio Holmes if he is there. Rationale is with Daunte now at QB, we need 3 WRs that can go deep at once and score from anywhere on the field along with our RBs that can score from anywhere. If we cant stop them we will outscore them.

After these two, I think he looks to trade down and pick up a 3rd rounder.
After trading down, look for Chad Jackson or best CB available. There are so many it makes sense to trade down.

NickJr. said:
Cromartie has everything that Williams brings and more. He was a pre-season All-American and was going to play some WR also before he got hurt.

Cromartie can also return kicks, I mean what more can you ask a guy to do? He is the new prototype for a CB he is big and can be physical, oh yeah and he has blazing speed!

Montella said:

High school quarterback, safety, wide receiver and outside linebacker may give some pro team the option to play him at corner or safety. Potential to be a top cover corner. Has size and is physical enough to play safety. Confident and mentally tough.

he sounds very good for us and our defense, also his versatility makes him special

NO WAY that cat is there...

best corner is the draft...bar none..

i want huff ( who plays safety) , but if somehow, the both are still tere at 16, then jimmy in a second..no doubt.

i think jimmy will be gone by pick 10.., huff will be gone by 15..look at the teams that eare dafting 5-8 spots in front of us...

they have needs at those positions too.

Montella said:

He's a projected top 10 pick. I doubt he'll be around. He's a higher prospect than Huff. We should, if we could.

i think jimmy williams is a instant starter if he comes ot the phins. Gotta love that his height and how physical he is. also if he is not there i would anotino cromartie from fsu. He has great talent and im sure if either r there nick will grab them.

Nicky Napoleon said:
Cromartie can also return kicks, I mean what more can you ask a guy to do? He is the new prototype for a CB he is big and can be physical, oh yeah and he has blazing speed!

I would love it if we could get Comarite, but I think we'd have to trade down

Back
Top Bottom