Should we retire #95? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we retire #95?

I have so much respect for Tim Bowens and he had a great career in Miami. He will be greatly missed, I wish him the best. He was one of the most LOYAL respected players to ever suit up in a Dolphin uniform. This guy was the definition of a team player and restructured his contract so many times to help the team out, he just wanted to play here in Miami.

I really hate to say but I don't think his number will be retired here in Miami. As someone mentioned above, I don't expect to see his jersey up there with Marino, Csonka, and Griese. And I agree that we are somewhat "picky" when it comes to retiring numbers and that there are a bunch of people in line ahead of Bowens that should have their jerseys retires but haven't yet. I really don't think TimBo's jersey will be retire but I am still hoping to see him in ROH which would also be such a huge accomplishment.

Thank you for the memories and the amazing career here in Miami TimBo! He will be missed greatly. I wish him the best in his life after football.

I didn't know who wore 95 until I started reading the thread. That to me anyways, says no, we should not retire his number.

I agree. He does not deserve to have his number retired. However he does deserve to be in the RoH. He is one of the best defensive tackles in the teams history.

bigmiamifan said:
I didn't know who wore 95 until I started reading the thread. That to me anyways, says no, we should not retire his number.

:shakeno:

This was my answer on another thread.

CrunchTime said:
This is a man who would get my vote for best Dolphin NT ever vote.Its difficult to compare different NT from different eras .Manny Fernandez and Baumhower were certainly forces at the NT position but if I had my druthers I would druther choose Timbo over those two.

Teams would make game plans avoid him and he was a wall for many years in that Dolphin defense.Due to the chop and cut blocks NTs have a relatively short career in the NFL and Timbo eventually succumbed to this danger.

Its very difficult to get into the Dolphin Ring of Honor.Its more difficult to have your number retired.I think there has only been three.Griese,Marino and Csonka.

I dont think Timbo will make it there but he will make it in the ring of honor of our collective memory.

phinfan2003 said:
I give a resounding "Yes" to that question. The guy quietly did his thing and was good at it. A lot of what he did (like clog up the middle to allow ZT and others to make tackles) would go unnoticed by the casual fan but those of us that are die-hard fans know what his value to this organization was. If you don't, just look at the difference between the 2003 run defense and the 2004. He was a pilar for our defense for years and until last year, was very durable. Thanks for the memories Timbo!!!!! We'll miss you!
Great post! He also re-worked his contract a couple times without a complaint, to help the team! A huge team player in my book! I say yes to that!

phinfan2003 said:
I give a resounding "Yes" to that question. The guy quietly did his thing and was good at it. A lot of what he did (like clog up the middle to allow ZT and others to make tackles) would go unnoticed by the casual fan but those of us that are die-hard fans know what his value to this organization was. If you don't, just look at the difference between the 2003 run defense and the 2004. He was a pilar for our defense for years and until last year, was very durable. Thanks for the memories Timbo!!!!! We'll miss you!

Why not? He played a non glamourous position but became well known around the league because he was great at it. Not alot of guys Bowens' size can do anything more than stop the run. How many times did we see him wreaking havock in the backfield? Retire that number!

at first I thought this thread was a joke, but surprisingly a lot of people want it. I loved the guy too, but we can't retire his number. Why don't we retire daryl gardener's number while we're at it.

bigmiamifan said:
Sorry, I didn't. He was solid, but he wasn't a stand out big play pro bowl player where I'd know his number, and look for him.

That is absurd. You must be a very, very casual fan. He WAS a pro bowl player by the way.

I do not however, think we should retire his number.

ether79 said:
I definitely believe he should be on the ROH for what he did for our team, but if you look at how stingy(for good or bad)we are about retiring numbers I would say it probably won't happen.

yeah this orginization is pretty stingy on retiring numbers why is that? i mean we have had so many great players and only csonk, griese and marino have been retired, i say they let us use numbers in the 100's:)

Well, I loved timbo as a player, and he was definately a team player, but he never really did anything to stand out. A blue collar guy if ever there was one. I do not think that his number should be retired, or even in the ring of honor. He never led the league in any catagory, and he never led us to a championship with his play. (and by that I don't mean won a championship, I mean Play in one) If he had done anything besides play then I would say yes, but Timbo, like the miami teams he played for was a good player, that could play great every once in a while, he just never did anything to stand out.

yeah i think so...the guy made a few probowls and was in the nfl for what, 11-12 years with the same team? very rare now. i think we should go ahead and do it.

Timbo was a beast on the field and a classy guy for the organization but that shouldn't get his number retired.

Back
Top Bottom