Should we retire #95? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we retire #95?

thecoordinator said:
yeah i think so...the guy made a few probowls and was in the nfl for what, 11-12 years with the same team? very rare now. i think we should go ahead and do it.

I don't really agree with the retiring of his number but i do like how youre thinking. Players that stay with their teams over 5 years now is extremely rare in the NFL and the fact that he played his whole career here is a feat to say the least. I say give him something....ring of honor perhaps, but i have to agree with a poster before who said "Bowens before Clayton , Duper etcc." i agree. To have the retired jersey #'s read

12- Griese
13- Marino
39- Csonka
95- Bowens??.....I just cant see it. To have this guys jersey retired before a slew of great Phins would just be flat out wrong. I did love him for his loyalty and gritty,tough play though. Thanks Timbo.

If his # is to be retired then Madisons, Brock Marion, OJ Mcduffie, Tim Ruddy( remember he was very good for a long time with us) need to be retired as well.

I will say I would give him the ROH but his # is not worthy of retirement.

He has been a class act and probably one of the best guys we have had on the team.

You just cant go around retiring numbers for any player that has been good for the team for a long period of time.. if we did that, 50 years from now there might not even be any numbers left!

I say no. I don't really care for retiring numbers no matter who it is.

No on retiring the number. Maybe on the ROH. Certainly solid in our memories.

Back
Top Bottom