Should've traded Madison | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should've traded Madison

Who will start at CB along with Pat Surtain?

• Sam Madison

Votes: 57 89.1%
  • Reggie Howard

Votes: 7 10.9%

• Total voters

Pope Shula XIV

EDDSified!
Reaction score
Although it's too late now (if we trade Madison now, we take roughly a $5.4 million cap hit), we should have traded him. He has regressed from an elite cover corner into a liability in coverage. He gets torched every time he has to cover any good receiver with speed.

If we would have gone into the season with Surtain and Howard as the starters and T-Buck as the nickel, I would have been happy. If there is any real competition for the job between Madison and Howard, don't be surprised to see Howard beat out Madison. Then watch out. Madison could be a cancer in the locker room. Remember his whining about Surtain's wife?

We should have traded him to the Raiders or the Bucs. Both of those teams love big name guys who have seen better days.

56272463495-1.jpg

17458453014-1.jpg

"Liability in coverage"??

Are you serious??

Let's see if he can answer the bell this season, I'm betting yes

He's not as good as he once was but he's still better than most corner in the NFL. I'm glad we kept him at least for now.

Ozzy rules!!

Competition will push sam I hope, I don't know what bothers me more him getting burned, or him smiling afterwards. We should have a great secondary with edwards coming aboard. Competition makes everyone play better. Now let's get Andrews and punish some defenses with ricky. Go dolphins!!!!!!

The liability in coverage was cut already. That would be Marion.
Futhermore Madison is still a top 10 corner....

I'm really glad the Dolphins Brass did not see this before they restructured him. Now he can stay here.

Sam's still got a few good productive years in him. Until I see a major drop off, I'd like to keep Madison a Fin.

Madison is not as bad as some people like to make him out to be. I think with Madison and Howard we can pick and choose who covers what reciever in nickel and dime situations. Which is a win-win situation.

Sam is still a top 10 corner.

Reggie must be the best nickel corner in the league.

And of course Pat is a top 3 corner.

If we resign T-Buck, we are looking really good at CB.

Back
Top Bottom