Should've traded Madison | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should've traded Madison

Who will start at CB along with Pat Surtain?

• Sam Madison

Votes: 57 89.1%
  • Reggie Howard

Votes: 7 10.9%

• Total voters
Pope Shula XIV said:
Yes. I'm tired of hearing the excuses about "Oh, people throw at Madison so much because they don't throw at Surtain." Sam Madison is by far the most overrated player on the Miami Dolphins.

Just watch any game, Madison really struggles when he has to cover a fast wide receiver one on one.

I'm not the only one who's unhappy with Madison. Dolphins coaches were very unhappy with Madison when he blamed other defensive backs for blown coverages. Of course every defensive back is going to get beat, but Madison has become a target and the worst part is he tries to blame others for his mistakes.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I watch a lot of tape. He's still better than most in my mind. And he's getting a bum rap.

Bodzilla29 said:
If Sam wasn't at one point in his career one of the elite 1 or 2 players playing corner, people would LOVE the guy right now. He didn't stay at the elite level he created for himself, but I'll be damned if he would start on just about ANY team in the NFL.

All this talk about him being a liability is hilarious. Put a smile on my face, thanks. Ignorance truely is BLISS!

Ok, I don't expect someone with Sam Madison as their avatar to agree with me. I took your "ignorance" comment with a smile too. And by the way, "truley" is spelled "truly".

Now that Brock Marion is gone (and yes, he was responsible for a lot of blown coverages the past two years as well), we'll have to see who this year's scapegoat will be for Sam (although I'd like to see some better talent at free safety than Freeman and Edwards).

If you don't think Madison is a selfish player, go back and watch last year's game at Tennessee. Miami is down by at least twenty-four points and just getting the hell pounded out of them. Sam Madison puts a good hit on a Titans wide receiver and afterwards is staring up at the stadium's TV screen watching the instant replay, smiling from ear to ear.

In 2002 after beating Miami, Eric Moulds and Peerless Price were asked about Madison. They said that they respected Patrick Surtain as a very good player but added that Sam Madison is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

You can disagree with me or agree, but Sam Madison's play next year will speak for itself. Mark my words, he'll hurt this team more than he helps it.

Muck said:
We'll just have to agree to disagree. I watch a lot of tape. He's still better than most in my mind. And he's getting a bum rap.

Muck, that's cool. I respect your opinion. I hope Madison proves me wrong and has a great year. I'd be only to happy to eat my words.

sam madison is at a point in his career where he can be overshadowed by younger players or overshadow them with his veteran performance. howard will push madison i hope he does alot. if sam breaks then i think its all over, if he still wins hell be challenged constantly by howard and cause sam to raise his game level. the thingijust dont want to see is reggie and sam fighting inthe locker room over who should start but howard should get enough playing time with all the nickel forms we run

This year will show if Madison has really lost a step. We'll find out if Marion was really more the problem.

Man on man no problem, zone problem. I feel the safety will improve the overall secondary. Dolfanreal69

Back
Top Bottom