Shout out to FishFanMiami and the other Mods. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shout out to FishFanMiami and the other Mods.

Jamesw

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
It's stunning to me to see the amount of childlike, vitriolic personal attacks on this board. While most of it is likely (hopefully) coming from Trolls, it seems like nearly every post isn't discussed as football fans , but rather an excuse to attack anyone we may disagree with in the most disgusting ways possible. To the trolls out there, I get it, you feel empowered and cool trying to highjack a competitors forum. I would hope you can get a life and go support your own team.

But for my fellow Phin Fans, please cant we appreciate our common love for the Dolphins and understand its good (and entertaining) to have differing opinions, but keep the debates classy and focused on football? At the end of the day, aren't we all supporters of the Dolphins?

Can you imagine how difficult and what a pain in the A** it is to attempt to moderate this forum? The men who created this place, that we all love, must not be able to enjoy it very much when 90% of the time they are trying to keep things civil. Much respect to those who can handle it. You are far better people than I am. I'm sure I speak for many here in saying thank you!

We can do better. Phins Up!

It's stunning to me to see the amount of childlike, vitriolic personal attacks on this board. While most of it is likely (hopefully) coming from Trolls, it seems like nearly every post isn't discussed as football fans , but rather an excuse to attack anyone we may disagree with in the most disgusting ways possible. To the trolls out there, I get it, you feel empowered and cool trying to highjack a competitors forum. I would hope you can get a life and go support your own team.

But for my fellow Phin Fans, please cant we appreciate our common love for the Dolphins and understand its good (and entertaining) to have differing opinions, but keep the debates classy and focused on football? At the end of the day, aren't we all supporters of the Dolphins?

Can you imagine how difficult and what a pain in the A** it is to attempt to moderate this forum? The men who created this place, that we all love, must not be able to enjoy it very much when 90% of the time they are trying to keep things civil. Much respect to those who can handle it. You are far better people than I am. I'm sure I speak for many here in saying thank you!

Been saying this for years, James, I don't get it... :shrug:

Been saying this for years, James, I don't get it... :shrug:
I admit I'm from an older generation, but even my kids act far more polite and would enjoy the give and take without personal attacks. Its a good thing I'm not a Mod. The crocodile farm here in Thailand would be full, of very well fed crocs. haha. Kudos to you guys.

Admittedly my level of restraint and patience dims quickly when it comes to those one trick ponies who are only here to interject negativity. I probably go too far with them but am not really repentant LOL

Conversely I have no issue with those I disagree with who are tenured members who are as likely to praise and/or be hopeful vs those who live to rain on our positivity. You'll never see me "react" to them.

As far as Fishy is concerned, he does have the patience of Job which I admire. He is dedicated to making the entire site the best possible. Fishy is also one of my besties on here for quite some time back to his little guppy days, so I might be prejudiced in my commendations LOL

Fishy does not operate in a vaccuum; the entire gaggle of goofball staff members all play an overt and behind the scenes roll in reigning in the nonsense.. so props to all of them as well as Henrik our horny owner!

Admittedly my level of restraint and patience dims quickly when it comes to those one trick ponies who are only here to interject negativity. I probably go too far with them but am not really repentant LOL

Conversely I have no issue with those I disagree with who are tenured members who are as likely to praise and/or be hopeful vs those who live to rain on our positivity. You'll never see me "react" to them.

As far as Fishy is concerned, he does have the patience of Job which I admire. He is dedicated to making the entire site the best possible. Fishy is also one of my besties on here for quite some time back to his little guppy days, so I might be prejudiced in my commendations LOL

Fishy does not operate in a vaccuum; the entire gaggle of goofball staff members all play an overt and behind the scenes roll in reigning in the nonsense.. so props to all of them as well as Henrik our horny owner!
Is Henrik's official title: Henrik the Horny?

@Henrik the Horny it is now. :chuckle:

On a serious note - yes well done to the entire mod team in their battle against the keyboard hero's.
Ozfin, what city are you in? I used to have an office in Adelaide and I have many friends down under. Great country!

Cognitive Dissonance is a real thing. The seeds of it here at FH are often planted during the offseason as players are acquired via the draft and FA.

Fans identify their favorite players and/or those they do not like. If another player is selected over a player they really liked or if a player they hated is acquired — they rarely can be moved off their initial position no matter what evidence or sold reasoning is provided to them.

Unfortunately that’s what we’re fighting against much of the time.

I admit I'm from an older generation, but even my kids act far more polite and would enjoy the give and take without personal attacks. Its a good thing I'm not a Mod. The crocodile farm here in Thailand would be full, of very well fed crocs. haha. Kudos to you guys.
Thanks James. Btw, how did you end up in Bangkok?

Magnum(fishfanmiami) is our site's Covid Vaccine against the trolls out there!

Back
Top Bottom