SI: Tannehill to be most improved QB in 2014 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI: Tannehill to be most improved QB in 2014

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://mmqb.si.com/2014/02/13/2014-all-emerge-team-offense/

Quarterback
Ryan Tannehill, Dolphins

Quarterback is the one position where you can’t identify an “out of nowhere” breakout guy. Fans are already familiar with everyone who plays this position, including most backups. So for our purposes, the question essentially becomes, Who will be the most improved quarterback in 2014?

The answer is Ryan Tannehill. While America has been debating the myriad hullabaloos involving RG3, marveling at the heroics of Andrew Luck and lauding Russell Wilson as the latest underdog-turned-champion, Tannehill has quietly been developing in textbook fashion. His pocket poise, throwing mechanics and field vision have improved with each of his 32 starts. He has the athleticism to make improvisational plays, and the maturity to operate within the confines of the system.

That system is changing, as former Eagles and Seahawks quarterbacks coach Bill Lazor has taken over for Mike Sherman as offensive coordinator. There won’t be a complete system overhaul—after all, it’s still head coach Joe Philbin’s playbook—but there will be a change in the coach-quarterback working operations. Philbin would not have made this move if he didn’t feel it’d help propel his young QB to stardom.

The wild card is Tannehill’s offensive line. The group that surrendered a league-high 58 sacks last season will not be back, as Jonathan Martin and Richie Incognito are done in South Beach and starters Bryant McKinnie, Tyson Clabo and John Jerry are all free agents. If the Dolphins can piece together a decent front five, Tannehill will prosper. If they can’t, it will be Lazor’s job to help scheme moving pockets, run-pass disguises and quick throws to keep the quarterback upright. Either way, Tannehill should only continue to get better.

Many of us aren't surprised. We have a good one in RT and I expect he will just continue to develop and improve each year.

Thanks for posting!

Did Mike Sherman write this article? :unsure:

No!!!! Matt Moore would get us so much more wins. Tannehill is garbage. Stats. Stats. Sacks have no real affect.

Did Mike Sherman write this article? :unsure:
By the Law of Gravity, I believe he did...

gravity-1.gif

Also π = potato

I just don't get it. Your supposedly a fan of this team but just can't say anything nice or even see improvement in our young QB. Does he need to work on things Yes but it doesn't mean we give up on him after 2 years. Last I checked its a team sport. You can point out his flaws but damn let's also give credit on his improvements.

Yea...yea...yea that's what they said for 2013. He really looked great those last two games oh boy. If you wanna see great just look at my avatar. All these years and no one has even come close.

Back
Top Bottom