Sick of all this Ricky Williams talk | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sick of all this Ricky Williams talk

Originally posted by Dajesus
See 711 all we want out of RW is to play just as well as he did last year. Bill's fans are expecting a Drew Bledsoe of 5 years ago to show up in weastern NY. You want a career 76 rated QB to all of a sudden break out of his 3 year slump and lead a 3-13 team to the playoffs. All we want is a RB to do the exact same thing he did last year, and help an 11-5 team win 1 or 2 more games. I don't think anyone here has been hopeing for anything more than what RW has proven to be in his 3 years, a smash mouth back who averages 4 yards a carry. No one here is saying he is the best RB in the NFL. No one here has made out landish claims like he is a hall of fame rb. One more thing I would like to point out to you 711 in RW's 3 years he has shown improvement every year from 800 to 1000 to 1200 yards in the past seasons. On the other hand Drew has not shown the same progression.

Great Post!!! Yeah baby yeah!!!!

Re: Re: Sick of all this Ricky Williams talk

Originally posted by codename47

Er... excuse me...
I guess you didn't watch many Saints games last year, being that you are a Bills fan. I happen to be a Saints fan who lives in DC and has DirectTV, and who has taken a great interest in Miami because of Williams and Turner (had to throw in my credentials).

I guess you probably heard Ditka and company mention how good the Saints o-line was in the CBS pregame shows, blah blah, blah....
Nope, not even close.
I watched with great pain all of the 16 games the Saints played last year. Being a Saints fan, I have seem my share of bad run-blocking, but what happened last year, it was just attrocious. Unfortunately, no one keeps stats on how many times a RB gets hit in his own backfield, and I wish someone would, because RW getting hit 4-5 yd deep behind the LOS was a regular happening. Rarely (and I mean games went by without seen it) RW crossed the LOS without being hit or met at the LOS or behind it.
Frankly, I was surprised he actually rushed for a 4.0 average, considering the horrible job the O-line did in run blocking; and when you throw in the mix that he only had 2 runs for over 20 yards, those 4.0 per become even more impressive.

Opposing teams basically put 8-9 in the box to stop RW, because they knew the passing game was not going to hurt them, and indeed, Brooks and Co. did not take advantage of the single coverages they saw all year long.

Unlike our brainiak Mike McArthy, Norv Turner knows what he's doing with an offensive playbook.

I'm so glad a Saints fan wandered in and posted this. I get so tired of unknowledgable people talking about what an excellent OL the Saints had for Ricky to run behind. If that were the case, they wouldn't have dumped nearly all of their OL starters from last season, and they wouldn't be considering Spencer Folau an upgrade.

Codename 47 is not alone in his thinking. If you go to a Saint MB, you'll find that most Saints fans say the same thing about their OL. In fact, a lot of them feel Ricky will get 1500 yds or more behind a Miami OL that is much better than what the Saints had, giving their Saints a #1 pick in return.

Excellent post Codename 47

Re: BETTER BUCKLE UP!!! BILLS NERD!!

Originally posted by Phinmaster1354
Better get used to it!! The fun is just starting!! You are gonna hear it all year!!! Some famous quotes coming to a SUNDAY 's NFL TICKET close to you!!

"ANOTHER MIAMI FIRST DOWN!!!"
"To the 5, TOUCHDOWN MIAMI!!!! ALLRRIIGHHTTT MIAMI!!"
"JAY GOING UP TOP!!CAUGHT!! TOUCHDOWN MIAMI DOLPHINS!! CHRIS CHAMBERS OUTJUMPED ANTOINE WINFIELD!!!

I could go on but you get the PICTURE!!!

I got goosebumps:D

Re: Re: Sick of all this Ricky Williams talk

Originally posted by Hellion

YOU'RE SICK OF RICKY ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!

Hell dude you haven't seen anything yet!
Wait until you have to sit in your highchair and watch him cream the Jills twice a year for many many years to come.

Trust me, don't bother comparing RW to Bledsoe because Bledsoe won't be on the field nearly as much as Ricky will be.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!RLMAO!!!:lol: :lol:

See 711 all we want out of RW is to play just as well as he did last year. Bill's fans are expecting a Drew Bledsoe of 5 years ago to show up in weastern NY. You want a career 76 rated QB to all of a sudden break out of his 3 year slump and lead a 3-13 team to the playoffs. All we want is a RB to do the exact same thing he did last year, and help an 11-5 team win 1 or 2 more games. I don't think anyone here has been hopeing for anything more than what RW has proven to be in his 3 years, a smash mouth back who averages 4 yards a carry. No one here is saying he is the best RB in the NFL. No one here has made out landish claims like he is a hall of fame rb. One more thing I would like to point out to you 711 in RW's 3 years he has shown improvement every year from 800 to 1000 to 1200 yards in the past seasons. On the other hand Drew has not shown the same progression.

Damn Bro,you couldnt have put it better!!!one of the best post ive seen!;)

Yeah, only 4.0 YPG. Lets break that down assuming he'll run every down and not be used in a passing attack. Lets lookie.

1st down - 4 yards gained, 6 yards to go.
2nd down - 4 yards gained, 2 yards to go.
3rd down - 4 yards gained, 1st DOWN!
Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. etc. etc. etc.

So you see, I'll take those "measly" 4 yards per carry any and every day. And remember, he can catch the ball too. Oh yeah, one other thing. He's not the only offensive player we have got.

Go Ricky, gimme my 4.0 baby!

Originally posted by Miamian
It's already been well documented in this forum as well as other media that Ricky Williams is not a breakaway threat. He's a pounding style of running back who will wear down defenses. As a change of pace we have Travis Minor who is a breakaway threat. I don't remember it, but this sounds similar to the Czonka-Morris tandem.
I agree on RW as a runner, but he also caught 60 passes which distances himself from the pack and your point (Miamian) also emphases the total rushing yards rather than YPC - which is valid for our O as well. I would not compare RW a- Minor and Czon and Merc. More like Merc and Kiick since Czon was a FB. Another note - NO OL was not that good last year.

Actually he hasn't been improving the only reason his yards have been going up is because he missed 4 games when he was a rookie and 6 games last year thats why he has more yards.

Oh, and you're the expert on this bills711? I'm guessing you're his personal trainer and you've been standing next to him while he trains, watching him not improving? Oh, you're not? Then shut your face. You are in no position to know if he has improved or not. The Stats show he has, what more do you want. I can't believe you actually brought that rubbish here.....

Billscornerstore.....
Please acknowledge that you have a very small grasp on NFL talent and do not watch any other teams, please. That remark about the Saints having, gulp, one of the best olines in the league almost made me fall of my chair laughing. If you had any knowledge, or FRIGGIN EYES that worked, you would have seen how HORRIBLE New Orleans' line was last season.

I beg you to watch a NO game from last season and continue to call their line great. Infact, I challenge you. It's not gonn happen because their line was very bad.

Let's not forget that RW had a healthy season last year, while Drew couldn't stay healthy, or beat out a backup QB that had average stats at best. If Drew was a winner, he would have played in the Super Bowl.

You think New England traded Bledsoe to a division rival because they still have a high opinion of him? hahaha that is funny. If they thought he was worth a damn, he would have gone elsewhere, and for a lot more than what they got for him, but they knew nobody wanted him and pawned him off to the highest bidder/sucker.

Sorry, y'all got hosed.

Originally posted by bills711

Actually he hasn't been improving the only reason his yards have been going up is because he missed 4 games when he was a rookie and 6 games last year thats why he has more yards.

Thats an improvement as well. He missed 4 games his first season and 6 his second year, but LAST year he missed 0. On the other hand Drew missed 0 games 3 years ago, and 0 games 2 years ago, but he missed 14 last season. That would be another regression for Drew and progression for RW.

Originally posted by bills711

Ok, so by your own admission then Drew Bledsoe isn't worth the paper his contract is signed on because of the game's he's missed last year. If you're going to attempt to use facts as an asset, then at least make sure you apply them evenly and fairly.

And lastly, you said he missed 6 games last year which were 2 more games missed then his rookie year. So he had 2 less games to make more yards. That's called improvement. He did more with less.

Drew was out most of the year last year. Not because he was hurt, but because Tom Brady was better then him. Hmmmm, look at those facts please.

Guys,give the poor guy a break, he has his foot in his mouth, at least give him a chance to take it out!:lol:

Originally posted by WCoastFin
Guys,give the poor guy a break, he has his foot in his mouth, at least give him a chance to take it out!:lol:

Imagine what his breath smells like.

Back
Top Bottom